"CNN: Undetected Asteroids Could Threaten Earth During Government Shutdown"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CNN: Undetected Asteroids Could Threaten Earth During Government Shutdown"

This is what happens when TDS becomes TFR...
    CNN: Undetected Asteroids Could Threaten Earth During Government Shutdown - Breitbart

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ
    21 Jan 2018

Two CNN correspondents claimed during an episode of The Lead with Jake Tapper that an asteroid could potentially threaten the Earth if the government shutdown continues.
    CNN correspondent Tom Foreman recalled the time NASA could not monitor “potentially dangerous asteroids” for over two weeks, implying that NASA would not be able to prevent an asteroid attack if it hit Earth while the government shut down.

“In space, that same year, for more than two weeks, NASA reportedly stopped monitoring potentially dangerous asteroids. A big one, by the way, is expected to brush by Earth on February 4th,” Foreman noted.

[...]

Foreman added that if Congress does not reach a deal on a funding package and DACA amnesty negotiations, illegal aliens would be “thrust into a dangerous legal limbo.”

“If there is no deal as these negotiations stand right now, nearly 800,000 undocumented immigrants who came as children, the so-called DREAMers would be thrust into a dangerous legal limbo,” he said.

[...]
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...ment-shutdown/
    The government shutdown increases risk of undetected asteroid impacts.
    8.33%
    The government shutdown thrusts DACA'ns into legal limbo.
    0.00%
    Both are equally TFR.
    83.33%
    Neither are TFR. CNN was citing legitimate concerns.
    8.33%
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Unless a threatening asteroid is detected many years away, with current technology, there is absolutely nothing that could be done about it so unless the Shutdown is going to last for years the story is nonsense
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Well, at least we wouldn't stress out over it.

If we did spot one two weeks out, what we do about it? Hit the brakes? Fire ICBMs at a moving target?
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Well, at least we wouldn't stress out over it.

If we did spot one two weeks out, what we do about it? Hit the brakes? Fire ICBMs at a moving target?
        Actually that's the Russian plan of action. https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ru...roi-1758697417
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Actually that's the Russian plan of action. https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ru...roi-1758697417
          Well, they won't make the CNN's two week deadline.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Who's going to tell the asteroids that a single government has shut down ?

Northern Ireland's lack of a government doesn't seem to've had much effect.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              Sometime after 2036. If I'm still around by then I reckon I'll have had a fair run for my money (selfish I know). If the US government shutdown is still on by then I suspect there won't be a USA as such anyway.

BTW using a nuke is generally regarded as useless unless the thing is quite small
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Sometime after 2036. If I'm still around by then I reckon I'll have had a fair run for my money (selfish I know). If the US government shutdown is still on by then I suspect there won't be a USA as such anyway.

BTW using a nuke is generally regarded as useless unless the thing is quite small
                Unless you hire the world's best "deep core drillers"...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I'll be happy when CNN is concerned about the impact DACA's are having on Mexico after having been thrust back over the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                    Who's going to tell the asteroids that a single government has shut down ?

Northern Ireland's lack of a government doesn't seem to've had much effect.
                    The only thing the Irish have an effect on are whiskey supplies and crime.

NASA can't even get into orbit anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      The only thing the Irish have an effect on are whiskey supplies and crime.

NASA can't even get into orbit anymore.
                      -------------------
                      Button yer lip Jonny Reb or ya be getten that fat side of me shalaley!

Comment

Why have we become such a 'chicken little' country? The skies falling, the skies falling...
                        Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                          Why have we become such a 'chicken little' country? The skies falling, the skies falling...
                          This just in... Scientists brace for impact!!!
                          Scientists in the United States are bracing for impact after lawmakers in Congress failed to agree on a plan to fund the government, triggering its indefinite shutdown on 20 January.

[...]

But worst of all, many researchers say, there is no clear sign when the shutdown will end.

[…]

Nature

Film at 11.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                            This just in... Scientists brace for impact!!!
                            Scientists in the United States are bracing for impact after lawmakers in Congress failed to agree on a plan to fund the government, triggering its indefinite shutdown on 20 January.

[...]

But worst of all, many researchers say, there is no clear sign when the shutdown will end.

[…]

Nature

Film at 11.
                            Oh nos!!!1!1!! Their free money to waste won't be available! The horror.
                            Last edited by Hida Akechi; 22 Jan 18, 09:59.
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                              Oh nos!!!1!1!! They're free money to waste won't be available! The horror.
                              Science survived all 19 funding gaps and 8 shutdowns from 1976-2013... but, but, but, TRUMP!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X