Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBI did not save officials’ texts during key period in Trump probe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Text messages are not as easy to archive as emails are. Email is stored on a server and must be proactively deleted. Even then, it can often be recovered. Text messages are only "stored" on the wireless carrier's server long enough for the recipient to receive them. If they are deleted from the phones, they are almost impossible to recover.

    However, the FBI supposedly has an application that stores text messages from Bureau phones. They claim that the phones were conveniently misconfigured over this critical five month period.

    It is way past time for a special council with no ties to the DOJ or FBI to be appointed and drag Comey, McCabe, Lynch, Rosenstein, Mueller, etc. before a grand jury.
    Our burg issued phones to detectives and command staff. I am not technically proficient in these things, but I was told that our texts went to an electronic storage device (possibly as copies) own by the city.

    I cannot prove that is true, nor do I claim knowledge of such systems. That is just what I was told.

    Emails were run through our own server, so I know all of those were retained.

    My point being that the Feds operate at a budgetary level that my agency could only dream of.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Our burg issued phones to detectives and command staff. I am not technically proficient in these things, but I was told that our texts went to an electronic storage device (possibly as copies) own by the city.

      I cannot prove that is true, nor do I claim knowledge of such systems. That is just what I was told.

      Emails were run through our own server, so I know all of those were retained.

      My point being that the Feds operate at a budgetary level that my agency could only dream of.
      And the Fed's operate at a dishonesty level that local law enforcement agencies wouldn't dream of.

      The FBI supposedly had a similar method for storing text messages... But it conveniently failed to store Strzok's and Page's text messages over a critical 5-month period...
      “The Department wants to bring to your attention that the FBI’s technical system for retaining text messages sent and received on FBI mobile devices failed to preserve text messages for Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page,” Stephen Boyd, the assistant attorney general for legislative affairs at the Justice Department, wrote to Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of HSGAC.

      He said that texts are missing for the period between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.

      Boyd attributed the failure to “misconfiguration issues related to rollouts, provisioning, and software upgrades that conflicted with the FBI’s collection capabilities.”

      [...]

      Johnson expressed concern over the missing text messages, which were sent during a key period of the Russia investigation. During that time frame is when the Steele dossier was published by BuzzFeed News, when Strzok participated in a Jan. 24 interview with then-national security adviser Michael Flynn, and when James Comey was fired as FBI director.

      The end date of the missing Strzok-Page texts is also significant. That’s because May 17 is the day when Mueller was appointed to take over the FBI’s probe of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.

      “The loss of records from this period is concerning,” Johnson wrote in a letter sent Saturday to FBI Director Christopher Wray.

      [...]
      http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/21/fb...i-trump-texts/

      DOJ has launched an investigation of itself...

      Sessions announces DOJ probe of missing FBI text messages


      This is the sort of situation the special council statute was created for. These people need to be hauled before a grand jury.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        Text messages are not as easy to archive as emails are. Email is stored on a server and must be proactively deleted. Even then, it can often be recovered. Text messages are only "stored" on the wireless carrier's server long enough for the recipient to receive them. If they are deleted from the phones, they are almost impossible to recover.

        However, the FBI supposedly has an application that stores text messages from Bureau phones. They claim that the phones were conveniently misconfigured over this critical five month period.

        It is way past time for a special council with no ties to the DOJ or FBI to be appointed and drag Comey, McCabe, Lynch, Rosenstein, Mueller, etc. before a grand jury.
        There is, the NSA and its massive database that is storing everything electronic on their servers in Utah and elsewhere.

        It is a safe bet that the NSA have those text messages even if no one else has kept them or had them wiped from their servers.
        “Breaking News,”

        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

        Comment


        • #19
          my question is how much money are guys willing to waste on something that does not matter anymore

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            There is, the NSA and its massive database that is storing everything electronic on their servers in Utah and elsewhere.

            It is a safe bet that the NSA have those text messages even if no one else has kept them or had them wiped from their servers.
            Imagine this data as:

            Comment


            • #21
              Those assholes would come after you if you violated the law.

              Originally posted by craven View Post
              my question is how much money are guys willing to waste on something that does not matter anymore
              My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

              ~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by craven View Post
                my question is how much money are guys willing to waste on something that does not matter anymore
                Who said it doesn't matter anymore?

                You have Federal employees engaging in behavior that, if substantiated, is a felony offense.

                You don't fix an out-of-control bureaucracy until you start holding people accountable.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  Those assholes would come after you if you violated the law.
                  But they are doing everything for the children.....
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    But they are doing everything for the children.....
                    ... And the dreamers...
                    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                      But they are doing everything for the children.....
                      What are they doing to children now...?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        This is treason and sedition and it is coming straight out of the FBI.

                        They can either clean house in a big way, or admit that the Left Wing establishment has succeed in eliminating the Representative part of our Government.

                        You know it was a transparent lie when Hillary Clinton pulled this stunt, and everyone knew it. For us, it would be an additional charge of destroying evidence to obstruct justice, blah blah. For the ruling class, it's an understandable misstep. "Mishandling" was the term. "Carelessness" was the cause.

                        Nor does anyone believe the NSA erased all the Bush-era surveillance by accident , if they were erased at all. In business this would be grounds for dismissal.... at NSA it's grounds for promotion. Bottom line, the pending lawsuits for malfeasance will probably wither for lack of evidence. Coincidence, surely.

                        But I didn't want to believe the FBI was part of the "nobody goes to jail" conspiracy. Now it's not reasonable to believe otherwise. It appears they've been caught in a lie . The FBI may be many things, but careless isn't one of them.
                        Last edited by The Exorcist; 23 Jan 18, 23:12.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

                        -Captain Jack

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Uh Oh - looks like they got a FBI whistle blower. Not a whole lotta meat from this first reporting but it may get more interesting as the days go by. Not looking good for the top brass at the FBI. But it will be good for the FBI to be cleaned up ... eventually.
                          https://pjmedia.com/trending/sen-ron...ings-off-site/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                            Uh Oh - looks like they got a FBI whistle blower. Not a whole lotta meat from this first reporting but it may get more interesting as the days go by. Not looking good for the top brass at the FBI. But it will be good for the FBI to be cleaned up ... eventually.
                            https://pjmedia.com/trending/sen-ron...ings-off-site/
                            Whistleblowing. On corrupt people who have guns, and know how to use them and also how to make evidence appear and disappear......one of the bigger indictments of said corruption.

                            Good luck and God Bless Him.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Imagine this data as:

                              Every device leaves a signature on the data it sends. Every devices is registered with the provider. A computer would sort through that pile in seconds.

                              It's about to come crashing down in the Clintons and their corrupt supporters. (Latest Drudge Headlines.)

                              GOODWIN: Evidence suggests massive scandal brewing at FBI...
                              WHISTLEBLOWER: 'SECRET SOCIETY' HELD OFF-SITE MEETINGS...
                              MYSTERY: 5 MONTHS OF MISSING MESSAGES...
                              AGENT TEXTED ABOUT DELETING TEXTS...
                              'Jaw-Dropping' revelations...
                              Attorney General Orders Probe...
                              Knives Out for Bureau...

                              “Breaking News,”

                              “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                                Whistleblowing. On corrupt people who have guns, and know how to use them and also how to make evidence appear and disappear......one of the bigger indictments of said corruption.

                                Good luck and God Bless Him.
                                -------

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X