Border Patrol agents remove / destroy supplies set out for illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol agents remove / destroy supplies set out for illegals

The Left is in a tither over Border Patrol agents systematically destroying or removing water and other items set out by groups sympathetic to illegal border crossers. This is occurring mostly in Southern Arizona right now.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1734204

The way I see it is these "supplies" amount to littering. The illegals won't clean up the refuse.
    This also amounts to creating a public nuisance. It is akin to your neighbor setting out food for pigeons or cats and attracting more of them where they begin to mess with your property too.

The Daily Kos writes:

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents are trying to kill migrants crossing the U.S./Mexico border. There’s no other conclusion to draw from a video, released by humanitarian group No More Deaths, of border patrol officers tampering with and destroying jugs of water left for border crossers in the desert.
    From 2001 to 2014, at least 2,100 migrants died of exposure in the searing desert heat, where temperatures can go anywhere from 110 degrees and up. Over the years, as humanitarian workers have placed tens of thousands of one-gallon jugs along this area to save lives, workers have also reported that jugs have been routinely destroyed and tampered with by human hands.
    That's tens of thousands of plastic jugs littering Southern Arizona.

Oh, I don't see it as the agents "...trying to kill migrants..." but rather eliminate an attractive nuisance and mitigate littering a fragile desert.

Here's what that "humanitarian effort" gets Southern Arizona...

So they're all up in arms that "Law Enforcement is destroying the hard work done by those aiding and abetting Criminals"?
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

dailykos is far left, can we start using far right sites and apply those to all republicans?
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        dailykos is far left, can we start using far right sites and apply those to all republicans?
        Let's see if I have this correct...

I use a Leftist site for a news source and you say it's bad. I use a Rightist site for a news source and you say it's bad.

Aside from that bit of obtuse logic, where did partisan politics enter this thread? What do Republicans have to do with this?

Comment

Empathy kills

You could ask if conservatives would have a different attitude towards the Mexican border if the illegals were starving. Even then the most effective way to deal with a crisis is not immigration. Putting out supplies to attract more migrants puts more migrants in danger and immigration does nothing for the majority of Mexicans suffering under a failed state.

I wonder who does more effective charity in places where people are actually starving, conservatives or liberals?
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

This all reminds me of the wall put up in Israel after the atrocities being committed by Muslim suicide bombers, namely the successful 'West Bank Barrier'. That too is seen by the lefty, Jew hating, Israel loathing, Palestinian terrorist loving activists and media (very similar to the Anti-Trumper democrats) as "racial segregation or apartheid" and the UN (Now firmly in the hands of the SJW's) has condemned it as a "wall that contradicts international law". What utter bullshit.

Oh I do so hope the Wall goes ahead but also, those sanctuary cities/states get fumigated of the filth that runs them now!

Paul
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              Empathy kills

You could ask if conservatives would have a different attitude towards the Mexican border if the illegals were starving. Even then the most effective way to deal with a crisis is not immigration. Putting out supplies to attract more migrants puts more migrants in danger and immigration does nothing for the majority of Mexicans suffering under a failed state.

I wonder who does more effective charity in places where people are actually starving, conservatives or liberals?
              Yup! If you have a failing state, anyone in their right mind would stay and fight to save it and make it a better place.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Empathy kills

No kidding. You have humanitarians and humanitarian wannabes. Real humanitarians go into troubled countries and help the populace directly, frequently on their own dime and at their own risk. Wannabes finger wag and demand everybody else spend money and convenience on their pet causes.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

One of the popular routes is through an Indian Reservation. The Feds charge off any hospitalizations of illegals they find to the Tribe. Why don't the Feds take the illegals out there and make them pick up trash? It's a win-win.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I say the USAF doesn't bother to check the Goldwater bombing range before exercises for illegals crossing it... In fact, they could become target practice.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ke-their-play/

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...military-range

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I use a Leftist site for a news source and you say it's bad. I use a Rightist site for a news source and you say it's bad.

Aside from that bit of obtuse logic, where did partisan politics enter this thread? What do Republicans have to do with this?
                      Sounds pretty much like a blatant cry for ignorance, don't it?

George Orwell sure had these guys pegged.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I say the USAF doesn't bother to check the Goldwater bombing range before exercises for illegals crossing it... In fact, they could become target practice.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ke-their-play/

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...military-range
                        That's a good un' for the suggestion box....

Paul

Comment

The source is fine if you want far-left views. Just wondering if the precedent being set allows for far views of either side to be applied to the entire party.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                            Yup! If you have a failing state, anyone in their right mind would stay and fight to save it and make it a better place.

Paul
                            Americans did, and we accomplished it. Are you suggesting that others cannot do the same?
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Americans used to be able to pull up stakes and move West. The last 100 years have kind of closed that era. It is easier for people in Mexico and points South to just move to the Land of the Golden Arches. The process has been accelerating.

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X