Trump makes historic speech at March for Life 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Oh and he didn't make a speech AT the March, he wasn't there He made a speech TO the march from the Rose Garden.
    Give up Half Pint, this response is almost as lame as your "that must have been when he was a democrat"

The March for Life people were in the Rose Garden with him when he spoke. You can't fit all of those people that attended the march in the Rose Garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZizY4HmS8
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      You are forgetting that this was the first time it was addressed by a sitting president. Had it been anyone other than Trump the MSM would have been all over it.
      yeah blah blah blah old new

now if this was say the early 90s news worthy

HP does have a point why not do it on the Mall just saying I guessing security which is fine if that was the answer

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
        yeah blah blah blah old new
        It's historic, never happened before, not old new......

now if this was say the early 90s news worthy
        Even Bush didn't have the guts to address the march...Clinton....wouldn't even cross his mind.

HP does have a point why not do it on the Mall just saying I guessing security which is fine if that was the answer
        Different standards maybe?

All major events have the large screens so that the crowd can see what is going on...go to about 4:25...see all those big screens....does that mean that Obama didn't address his inauguration????

https://www.c-span.org/video/?283479...gural-ceremony

There were people from the March in the Rose Garden...the obviously couldn't fit 10s of thousands of people in the Rose Garden.

Different standards for Trump??????
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          It's historic, never happened before, not old new......

Even Bush didn't have the guts to address the march...Clinton....wouldn't even cross his mind.

Different standards maybe?

All major events have the large screens so that the crowd can see what is going on...go to about 4:25...see all those big screens....does that mean that Obama didn't address his inauguration????

https://www.c-span.org/video/?283479...gural-ceremony

There were people from the March in the Rose Garden...the obviously couldn't fit 10s of thousands of people in the Rose Garden.

Different standards for Trump??????
          naw um come on your talking to an Obama hater also so not different standards Some day you will remember that fact tossing out Obama is a red herring that doesn't work. Other than I currently think Obama was a rock star compared to Trump.

it not about the screen it about not being where the actual rally was

Imagine if concerts were done the same way.

and btw it not really guts at this point if you doing what a majority of the population agree with. Its just stroking Trumps ego.

btw I could also say it was bad planning ie they did not expect it to be such a big event

on the plus side we are not comparing crowd size
          Last edited by craven; 23 Jan 18, 15:31.

Comment

naw um come on your talking to an Obama hater also so not different standards Some day you will remember that fact tossing out Obama is a red herring that doesn't work.
            Some day you might learn that it isn't about Obama. The reason that I linked to that was because it was in the same city, probably same screens. Linking to a big screen in Austin is not the same as linking to a big screen for two events that happened in the same geographic location.

Imagine if concerts were done the same way.
            When's the last time you sat in the nose bleed section at a concert. you don't see anything except what is on the big screen.

and btw it not really guts at this point if you doing what a majority of the population agree with. Its just stroking Trumps ego.
            BTW, this is a history forum....Trump just made history as the first sitting president to address the march.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X