Trump makes historic speech at March for Life 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump makes historic speech at March for Life 2018

This is why a lot of people voted for him.

President Trump became the first sitting U.S. president to directly address the March for Life anti-abortion rally in Washington.He spoke live via satellite from the White House Rose Garden. Previous presidents like Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush addressed the march via phone call or recorded message. Vice President Mike Pence spoke to the massive crowd of protesters last year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ly/1047617001/
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Notice the limited amount of coverage by the MSM?
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

What coverage...?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          What coverage...?
          Read the link.

At a march-related event on Thursday, Pence called Trump “the most pro-life president in American history,” even though decades earlier, Trump previously identified himself as “very pro-choice.”

That must have been when he was a Democrat.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Are people not allowed to change their minds? I'm sure 20 year old HPJ would terrify current HPJ with how screwed up he was on some things. Hell I'm only in my 30s and I wish I could slap 20 year old me around on some things.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Read the link.

At a march-related event on Thursday, Pence called Trump “the most pro-life president in American history,” even though decades earlier, Trump previously identified himself as “very pro-choice.”

The ability to change your mind on a subject is what allows for growth of character. Especially when going from Democrat to Republican...
              "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Read the link.

This appears to be another one of your posts to increase your post count without logical input to a thread.

You quoted Pence saying that Trump is the most pro-life president in American history.....

Then you post that Trump previously identified as very pro-choice....

Leads to a simple question; was he president when he was pro-choice?

If he wasn't president.....then why did you post this if not just to increase your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  Are people not allowed to change their minds? I'm sure 20 year old HPJ would terrify current HPJ with how screwed up he was on some things. Hell I'm only in my 30s and I wish I could slap 20 year old me around on some things.
                  NOPE. At 20 I still placed my country before any party. You should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    Notice the limited amount of coverage by the MSM?
                    you need to watch the MSM more it got a lot of coverage although against the shut down how much do you expect.

was gonna ask why it was on big screens then just thought of it. He was suppose to be out of town.

Comment

Read the link.

So? What's the problem? If Trump were all pro-abortion, like Obama was, there'd be no issue in the MSM with this. The issue is only an issue because Trump's position on this subject is in direct conflict with that of the Progressive Left, who I might add have only one of many views on the subject regardless of what they might claim to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                        you need to watch the MSM more it got a lot of coverage although against the shut down how much do you expect.
                        I did check with multiple MSM sources, almost no coverage when compared to the women's march on Saturday....as I expected.

was gonna ask why it was on big screens then just thought of it. He was suppose to be out of town.
                        Had nothing to do with his plans to be out of town, he was scheduled to leave after the march. He addressed the crowd from the south lawn. The big screens were there in order for all to be able to watch him as he spoke.

Same concept that they use at concerts & sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          I did check with multiple MSM sources, almost no coverage when compared to the women's march on Saturday....as I expected.

Had nothing to do with his plans to be out of town, he was scheduled to leave after the march. He addressed the crowd from the south lawn. The big screens were there in order for all to be able to watch him as he spoke.

Same concept that they use at concerts & sporting events.
                          ahh they needed to focus on him then in the shots I saw I just saw the Screens
                          I was why is he not there.

every news show I saw covered it. And the thing you forget is the life march is old stale pointless news ie it a old culture war

meanwhile the womens march is new and comparative to the Tea Party ie news worthy. (new culture war)

Comment

Oh and he didn't make a speech AT the March, he wasn't there He made a speech TO the march from the Rose Garden.

Comment

And the thing you forget is the life march is old stale pointless news ie it a old culture war
                              You are forgetting that this was the first time it was addressed by a sitting president. Had it been anyone other than Trump the MSM would have been all over it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X