federal government spent about $368 billion in California 2015

????

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
      Kentucky's 38.5% compared to California's 26.0%

Kentucky received approximately $9.7 billion in federal aid 2016

federal government spent about $368 billion in California 2015

????
      We Know how liars figure and figures lie. I was going to bring up the bare numbers also. Caliban gets more money, but libs will always break it down per capita.
      That way they can manipulate facts.
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        We Know how liars figure and figures lie. I was going to bring up the bare numbers also. Caliban gets more money, but libs will always break it down per capita.
        This particular chart is a ratio of federal aid vrs state revenue, (which is roughly equal to state spending). The state of California taxes more (and spends more), therefore the ratio is lower.

I think the chart is a reasonable way to look at how much a cut in federal spending would hurt a state. Wouldn’t a $5bn cut to Kentucky hurt more then a $5bn cut to California?

Comment

Oh without a doubt, but we aren't setting up sanctuary cities and stopping the Feds from deporting illegals are we?

I am not a fan of our Governor but...

Gov. Bevin calls for 6.25% spending cuts, fully funding pensions in budget
          http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Gov...469657153.html

Bevin's controversial plan to make Medicaid recipients work will get federal approval
          https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...id/1024015001/

Matt Bevin calls for eliminating 70 programs, spending cuts to fund pension reform
          Matt Bevin calls for eliminating 70 programs, spending cuts to fund pension reform

Bevin's whole election platform was getting rid of Obamacare in Kentucky. I will admit I have benefited from Obamacare. I didn't vote for Bevin but the majority of people did and we have to roll with it. So it will be interesting what Federal funding will be needed.
          Last edited by OttoHarkaman; 20 Jan 18, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            How much Fed funding does CA get? Do you have an idea?

Take notice which are Red States.
            So? California gets in real dollar amounts far more than many of those very red states with small populations. That's why the get a bigger (and meaningless) percentage by population or amount paid in.

This map is more relevant:

Notice which states have the highest cost of living (and taxes)?

Comment

The American People will not stand for this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LaAdptbTqE

Heh heh...
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Won't do any good. The Left can't hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Won't do any good. The Left can't hear them.
                  Oh yes they can, those were all Minority voices.
                  But the result is that the Left will mark them as their worst enemies of all, and probably lable them the same way they do with all minorities that talk back to them; Uncle Toms.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    But the result is that the Left will mark them as their worst enemies of all, and probably lable them the same way they do with all minorities that talk back to them; Uncle Toms.
                    No, those were obviously plants by the Right and not really representative of minorities. At least that's what a Leftist would think and say. Thus, the Left will ignore what they said.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                      why is not per capita the valid way to compare this stuff.

states with more people usually have more tax payers would be my logic

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                        why is not per capita the valid way to compare this stuff.

states with more people usually have more tax payers would be my logic
                        It is a valid way to look at the data, but not the only way.

Stopping federal spending in any state would do great harm there regardless of the variations of a few percentage points.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          I have to say that first guy liked him a lot.

and notice he the one who brought out the uncle tom remark just saying.

need more back story on there stories than what was shown.

Seems to me it not about supporting Trump but more about draining the swamp which Trump is filling rather than draining and it how he got things done while he was doing normal biz

ie what was the first black guy totally talking about (understood it but needed more context)

what the housing issue the homeless lady was talking about (sounded like a lot of real estate deals that get done)

numerous stories of Trump running people out to get his places built

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Stopping federal spending in any state would do great harm there regardless of the variations of a few percentage points.
                            I mean if say Trump did this something about Taxation without Representation pops into my mind lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

So, if sending in the Troops and cutting off their drug of choice are both off the table, what does that leave?

Oh yeah.... Federal support for New California!
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest announcement on OAN yesterday - $210 million cut from Federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Sounds like a warning shot across the bows to me.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X