California AG: 'We will prosecute' employers who violate sanctuary laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California AG: 'We will prosecute' employers who violate sanctuary laws

Under what authority can a state AG go after people for abiding the law?

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra warned employers Thursday of legal repercussions if they assist federal immigration officials in an impending crackdown in the sanctuary state, The Sacramento Bee reported.
    Under a new state law – the Immigration Worker Protection Act – employers and businesses could face fines of up to $10,000 if they provide employee information to U.S. Immigration Customs, Becerra said.

If employers “start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office. We will prosecute those who violate the law,” he said at a news conference.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...fyV?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    ...Under what authority can a state AG go after people for abiding the law?...
    He tells you how.
    ...Under a new state law – the Immigration Worker Protection Act – employers and businesses could face fines of up to $10,000 if they provide employee information to U.S. Immigration Customs, Becerra said.

If employers “start giving up information about their employees or access to their employees in ways that contradict our new California laws, they subject themselves to actions by my office. We will prosecute those who violate the law...

Comment

This madness is exactly why I think the feds ought to throw these arse*oles into jail. The Federal laws as they stand give them the power to do exactly that.

Look at this. https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...1324a-offenses
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        This madness is exactly why I think the feds ought to throw these arse*oles into jail. The Federal laws as they stand give them the power to do exactly that.

Look at this. https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...1324a-offenses
        Off-topic personal comment deleted.

Discuss the topic and not the poster.

ACG Staff
        Last edited by Salinator; 19 Jan 18, 11:27.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

A simpler move would be to cut off all Federal funding to the Caliban.

For all their bragging about their economy, their state government is nearly broke.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I'd rather the feds come and teach them about the rule of law and put a bit of fear into these louts.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
              He tells you how.
              Then he needs to be the first Caliban to be prosecuted for violating Federal laws and/or obstruction of justice... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...y-leaders.html
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

My state of Kalifornia has been taken over by Fascists. Time for the Feds to step in and take control of the situation. Jail, Bayonet or Bullet is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                  My state of Kalifornia has been taken over by Fascists. Time for the Feds to step in and take control of the situation. Jail, Bayonet or Bullet is fine with me.
                  Seconded. We need the feds right now.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

When will the California National Guard fire on Fort Sumter?

It's one thing when a state refuses to enforce a Federal law, as controversial as that may be -- but threatening to prosecute a citizen for obeying a Federal law sounds like a loser from "go." I'm thinking that I should go to California right now, finger some illegals to the Feds, and when the State of California charges me with a crime under state law for obeying Federal law, I'll sue the living sht out of them in Federal court. I'll be owning the whole state within a year.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

It's one thing when a state refuses to enforce a Federal law, as controversial as that may be -- but threatening to prosecute a citizen for obeying a Federal law sounds like a loser from "go." I'm thinking that I should go to California right now, finger some illegals to the Feds, and when the State of California charges me with a crime under state law for obeying Federal law, I'll sue the living sht out of them in Federal court. I'll be owning the whole state within a year.

And people worry about Trump.

I can't wait to see california try to prosecute someone for following federal law.
                      When there is conflict between federal law and state law, federal law is, and always will be, superior. The Constitution directly addresses this.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

ARTICLE VI
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                        Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        Seconded. We need the feds right now.
                        Yeah, it appears to be getting really bad. Insanity in government level. Time for some harsh action to cleanse that rat's nest out.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          Yeah, it appears to be getting really bad. Insanity in government level. Time for some harsh action to cleanse that rat's nest out.
                          Getting? How about The Coastal Commission?

https://calwatchdog.com/2012/10/23/c...grabbing-land/

They are un-elected enviro-natzis.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

It's getting harder for such a thing to happen. The USN has left the state except for San Diego and a few other remnants here and there. The US Army, likewise has closed most of their bases. The Marines are still at 29 Palms and in San Diego.
                            But, for the most part, the state's been denuded of DoD activities in good part due to California's onerous environmental laws.

Closures:

Like other businesses, the DoD is fleeing California where they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              Under what authority can a state AG go after people for abiding the law?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...fyV?li=BBnb7Kz
                              They can't. Federal law trumps state law, and the states cannot pass a law cancelling a Federal law. They can make a law more strict, but cannot lessen in any way the Federal law.

And if an employee's Federal superior orders him/her to provide information, the employee must comply.

There will be a test case, California will lose, and that will accelerate the long slide into darkness that we have already begun.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X