Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The party of "NO!"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The party of "NO!"

    Even their supporters in the MSM are obliquely admitting it:

    Senate Democrats signaled Thursday that they have enough votes to block a short-term spending bill to keep the government open, as the White House expressed frustration with the Republican-led Congress for “being unable to do its job.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

    The Republicans seemingly can't herd the cats of their own party, but the Democrats are in lockstep with What's ours is ours. What's yours is negotiable. They are the party of intransigence and obstruction.

  • #2
    They are the party of intransigence and obstruction, really

    I remember when obama was in office and mitch mcconnell said what ever obama if for we are against.

    the most recent occurred Oct. 1 to Oct. 16, 2013, under former President Barack Obama, over a dispute between Republicans and Democrats over the Affordable Care Act. The shutdown cost the U.S. economy at least $24 billion, according to the financial ratings agency Standard & Poor’.

    I would say that the shoe is one the other foot.

    Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      It was impressive the first timer, years ago, but these days it's hardly news. Why bother?
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        The dems keep coming up with more reasons to not trust them.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bill shack View Post
          I remember when obama was in office and mitch mcconnell said what ever obama if for we are against.

          the most recent occurred Oct. 1 to Oct. 16, 2013, under former President Barack Obama, over a dispute between Republicans and Democrats over the Affordable Care Act. The shutdown cost the U.S. economy at least $24 billion, according to the financial ratings agency Standard & Poor’.

          I would say that the shoe is one the other foot.

          Bill
          Not at all. It was revealed by a former member of the Obama administration this AM that Obama deliberately sought to shut down the government in order to blame Republicans.
          Congress, all of it, has the duty to produce a budget, and if the Democrats block the process, they take the heat.

          And if they fail to pay the military, they might as well move to Siberia.

          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            I find it interesting that when the blame could be put on Republicans, it was but when the blame falls mainly on the Democrats for a shutdown, the MSM is focused on the ramifications and problems that shutdown might cause rather than blaming anyone for it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Not at all. It was revealed by a former member of the Obama administration this AM that Obama deliberately sought to shut down the government in order to blame Republicans.
              Congress, all of it, has the duty to produce a budget, and if the Democrats block the process, they take the heat.

              And if they fail to pay the military, they might as well move to Siberia.

              Always pay the Legions eh?
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I find it interesting that when the blame could be put on Republicans, it was but when the blame falls mainly on the Democrats for a shutdown, the MSM is focused on the ramifications and problems that shutdown might cause rather than blaming anyone for it.
                they had a deal Trump blew it up in his usual fashion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by craven View Post
                  they had a deal Trump blew it up in his usual fashion.
                  They almost had a deal. Trump was willing to do a DACA plan and sign that legislation, but the Democrats balked on giving him his wall and increased border security. They said to the effect, crossings are way down so it's unnecessary, and besides, they don't like the wall idea to begin with.

                  That's been the sticking point on this. The Republicans (and Trump) have offered compromise. The Democrats want the whole cake to themselves and f... the Republicans. They're used to getting their way, and I don't see Trump going along with that. So, shutdown it is.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X