Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shackled and emaciated, children of torture suspects are freed

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/cal...ive/index.html

Wonder how many others there may be in the US?

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Literally thousands. Its not an uncommon case.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Wow, it is amazing what fear can do. Some of the kids had been seen driving around their town and they did not go to the authorities.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
        Wow, it is amazing what fear can do. Some of the kids had been seen driving around their town and they did not go to the authorities.
        Most likely because they know that if they make a report, sooner or later they will end up back with the parents, or in a worse situation than they left.

Where do you think kids who get taken out of that sort of home go? There are no state-run orphanages anymore.

They go into foster care or group homes, both of which have truly appalling track records.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

True, it is appalling though. I understand many foster care situations are messed up too, but are they as messed up as that? I would think the main fear would be the fear of what happens to the other kids when it is found out one escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
            True, it is appalling though. I understand many foster care situations are messed up too, but are they as messed up as that?
            I can't really say; I made a serious effort to avoid contact with the foster care system. The whole thing is one huge heartbreak. The group homes are not much better than jail, and despite the screening processes some real bad eggs get to be foster parents.

Every officer has their favorite type of cases, and the ones they avoid whenever possible; the latter for me were child abuse cases. I worked them when I had to.

That stuff will drive you crazy.

Comment

I can imagine it would be.. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
              X