Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

The Next Logical Step In American Revisionist History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Logical Step In American Revisionist History

I was recently thinking (was too!) about the anti-Civil War revisionism, and it occurred to me that the next logical step is to eliminate the entire slave-owning history of America. This would assuage the deep guilt that blacks seems to assume that all whites carry around all of the time, and possibly greatly reduce racial tensions, because:

"It never happened at all...OK?"
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I was recently thinking (was too!) about the anti-Civil War revisionism, and it occurred to me that the next logical step is to eliminate the entire slave-owning history of America. This would assuage the deep guilt that blacks seems to assume that all whites carry around all of the time, and possibly greatly reduce racial tensions, because:

It sure seems that way. But I think its just a cover for progressives to get rid of any vestige of anti-Federalism more than racism. Just like in 1850s and 60s, they are using Black people to enforce their agenda. Then it was in the name of anti-slavery, now its in the name of anti-racism. Both are just covers. SJWs are modern day abolitionists. They are hypocritical to the extreme, some are radical, most are loons.
    I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
      It sure seems that way. But I think its just a cover for progressives to get rid of any vestige of anti-Federalism more than racism. Just like in 1850s and 60s, they are using Black people to enforce their agenda. Then it was in the name of anti-slavery, now its in the name of anti-racism. Both are just covers. SJWs are modern day abolitionists. They are hypocritical to the extreme, some are radical, most are loons.
      I would say they want to get rid of republican government and go with pure democracy. The irony is they are the perfect example of why republican government is preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        I would say they want to get rid of republican government and go with pure democracy. The irony is they are the perfect example of why republican government is preferably.

I agree 100%.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Perhaps, but it still is a highly workable solution that was used extensively in places like the Sovit Union - problems with the truth? Just eliminate the history and the problem goes away.

Here in America, millions of white people are being offended every day by allegations that they are racist, were involved with slavery and are repressing black people. rather than start a bloody civil war, we'll just remove all historical evidence that it ever happened and get on with our lives, mirroring what black people are trying to do with Civil War history.

Comment

Said like a true causer.

Someone using the Blacks. Don't the Blacks belong to any polit party?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I said this before....but if you guys hadnt wanted cheap labour you wouldnt be haveing this problem

Comment

But... if that is erased, then half of all that the Left knows about the entirety of American History will be gone!
                (the other half is that we were mean to Indians)

Why, if this actually happens, the Left would never have anything at all to say about our past, and they might even have to admit that they don't know anything.

So, never gonna happen.
                But then, logical things like that have been said before...
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Said like a true causer.

These days they vote for the party that uses them the most and doesn't care about them at all. They are going to use them until they've outlived their usefulness (when enough muslims, dreamers, and amnesty saved illegals can replace them) just as Lincoln's Republicans did after Reconstruction. All they have to do now is scream racism at anything the progressives are against and the black folks fall right in line with them.
                  I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Some liberals already want a full Communist state. Their knowledge on political thought is embarassingly poor, and their version of US history is reduced to genocide of Indians (which is false) and slavery. Some don't even acknowledge those who fought to end slavery-the Lincoln Memorial was vandalized in the aftermath of the Charlottesville riot.
                    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                      Some don't even acknowledge those who fought to end slavery-the Lincoln Memorial was vandalized in the aftermath of the Charlottesville riot.
                      Whose Emancipation Proclamation didn't apply to slaves in Union states?

Comment

No chance. Too much prime ammo that can be used to drive emotion and hence behaviour. More likely it goes the other way and is used in more imiginative ways for a more heavy assault on white colonials.

Since this is a history site, everyone should know slavery has been wide spread through history and Islam its worst offender.
                        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

The current american revisionism seems to be all about "we/I did that".
                          In a swamp scum rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            Said like a true causer.

BLM/Democrats/Black Panthers and other terrorist groups...

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
                              No chance. Too much prime ammo that can be used to drive emotion and hence behaviour. More likely it goes the other way and is used in more imiginative ways for a more heavy assault on white colonials.

Since this is a history site, everyone should know slavery has been wide spread through history and Islam its worst offender.
                              Yep - and we also know that blacks were rounded up in Africa and sold into slavery by their fellow Africans, NOT by European whites, but try pointing that out to a black person.

Comment

Working...
                              X