Senator Feinstein Releases Transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Would the assent of the full committee be needed to release such material, or only the chairman's and/or ranking minority member's?
    I don't think there is a hard and fast rule... I think the norm is to at least consult with the chairman's and/or ranking minority member before releasing transcripts of private interviews.

Originally posted by slick_miester
    Purely political. Regardless of one's sentiments, this move on Feinstein's part isn't passing the sniff test. Think of it this way: before too long the subject of a Senate committee investigation is going to be a Democrat. Can we expect Feinstein to pull this kind of move then -- or will she screech like a scalded cat when a Republican member releases committee material?
    All of this is political... Apart from anyone who falls into a perjury trap and gets indicted for process crimes.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
      I don't think there is a hard and fast rule... I think the norm is to at least consult with the chairman's and/or ranking minority member before releasing transcripts of private interviews.

All of this is political... Apart from anyone who falls into a perjury trap and gets indicted for process crimes.
      I think when the senators started to join the House narrative that its the Steele file which caused the investigation which it was not things went off the rails

I had hopes that the senate was going to be responsible but seeing whats coming out of them now I am like wtf It going the way of most house investigations Dems say x Reps say Y

Comment

Interesting how a self-proclaimed Republican only cheers for Democrats.

But in this case I agree this is a good news. When evidence starts leaking, material or not, an investigation is generally doomed.

It certainly will stiffen the resolve of anyone yet to be interviewed. The knowledge that transcripts of your interview will be leaked by unethical members of Congress regardless of the outcome of the investigation will add yet another layer of caution to their responses.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Is there anyone involved with the democratic party that is competent? Hilary and her minions can't even destroy evidence properly not to mention run a campaign. Now we have this idiot making it almost impossible to get any additional "evidence" of collusion even if it did exist. At least Bill Clinton was a somewhat competent if unethical politician.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            The Russia investigation enters it's final phase:

Hardly!!!!!

Wishful thinking on your part Shipmate, and as my old boss used to say "Y'all can wish in one hand and poo in the other and guess which one will fill up faster?"
            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
              Hardly!!!!!

Wishful thinking on your part Shipmate, and as my old boss used to say "Y'all can wish in one hand and poo in the other and guess which one will fill up faster?"
              The fat lady is warming up...
              Trump dodges on prospect of a Mueller interview: 'We'll see what happens'
              Jeremy Diamond 2017
              By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 1:00 AM ET, Thu January 11, 2018

[...]

The special counsel and congressional committees investigating the matter have yet to reach a conclusion about whether any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia took place.
              http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politi...ons/index.html
              A Trump Interview With Robert Mueller Would Follow Presidential Tradition

January 9, 2018

[...]

Former prosecutors said scheduling an interview with the highest profile person in an organization, whether the president of the United States or a company's chief executive, typically means investigators are reaching the end of their work.

[...]

Solomon Wisenberg, a white-collar lawyer at the Nelson Mullins law firm who previously served as a deputy independent counsel in the Whitewater/Lewinsky investigation, said he thought that principle likely applied in this case, too.

"It's a safe bet," he said.
              https://www.npr.org/2018/01/09/57644...tial-tradition

Have another bite...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Her excuse, she has a cold.

I've only used that one to get out of going in to work, never for saying something idiotically unethical.

Comment

Her statement:

Democrat California Sen. Dianne Feinstein blamed her “bad cold” for her poor judgement of releasing Glenn Simpson’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Feinstein published the Fusion GPS founder’s testimony Tuesday without the knowledge of Sen. Chuck Grassley, the committee’s chairman, The Daily Caller reported.

“The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before,” she said to NBC News. “And I don’t make an excuse but I’ve had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities a little bit.”

Facilities?

It's supposed to be faculties.

She must be really sick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X