Senator Feinstein Releases Transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Feinstein Releases Transcript

Senator Diane Feinstein released the testimony of the Fusion GPS witness in front of Congress last summer.

It is an excellent move on the Senator's part:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...9911515523334/
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Interesting 'coincidence' (I think not):

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politi...gps/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Too fracking funny!

A search of the PDF for the word "collusion" yielded zero-point-zero results...

"Collude" and "colluded" also yielded zero-point-zero results.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

CBS NEWS January 9, 2018, 8:50 PM
        Did someone die because of the Steele dossier?

An attorney for the co-founder of the opposition research firm that sought to dig up dirt on President Trump says someone has died as a result of their findings.

On Monday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein released a 312-page transcript of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson's August interview with the Senate Judiciary Committee. In that transcript, Simpson attorney Josh Levy tells the committee that his client "wants to be very careful to protect his sources."

"Somebody's already been killed as a result of the publication of this dossier and no harm should come to anybody related to this honest work," Levy explains.

The dossier, which alleges that then-candidate Donald Trump colluded with the Russian government during the 2016 election campaign, has never been substantiated. It was written by a former British spy, Christopher Steele, and paid for by Fusion GPS, which was operating as a client of the Clinton campaign.

[...]

[I]t has been speculated that Oleg Erovinkin, a former KGB general and chief of staff to Igor Sechin, was one of the primary sources for the document.

[...]

Conspiracy theorists have long speculated that Erovinkin is the source of the claims involving Sechin. However, there is no evidence that has emerged to back up this assertion. Erovinkin is one of a number of high-profile Russians who died in the months after the 2016 election.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly dismissed the Steele memo as "fake news." Neither Levy nor his client elaborated on the identity of the person who allegedly died as a result of the memo's publication, which took place after Erovinkin died.

[...]

CBS News

Who is the Trump-linked source who led the FBI to treat the dossier seriously?

[...]

On Tuesday, those tracking the details of the Russia investigation were handed an unexpected collection of information: a lightly redacted transcript of Simpson’s testimony, released by the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). Over the course of more than 300 pages, Simpson fields a number of questions about his firm’s work and the revelations contained in that dossier

[...]

Asked if he knew who that source was, Simpson declined to answer, though he did explain a bit more about what Steele told him. (Note that this is Simpson conveying what Steele says he was told by his FBI source in Rome.)

” . . . I think it was a voluntary source, someone who was concerned about the same concerns we had,” Simpson explained. “It was someone like us who decided to pick up the phone and report something.”

In short, it’s not clear from this testimony who the “human source” from inside the Trump organization is — or even what Simpson means by “Trump organization.”

[...]

Why didn’t Simpson simply share the identity of the source with the Senate? He explained that it was for “security” reasons.

“I was really careful throughout this process to not ask a lot of specific sourcing questions,” he testified. “There are some things I know that I just don’t feel comfortable sharing because obviously it’s been in the news a lot lately that people who get in the way of the Russians tend to get hurt.”

At another point in the testimony, Simpson’s lawyers put a fine point on that argument, stating that “somebody’s already been killed as a result of the publication of this dossier.”

Who that person is isn’t clear.

Washington Post

In real news...
        A federal judge ruled Thursday that the Washington-based firm Fusion GPS cannot block the House Intelligence Committee from subpoenaing the firm's financial records, according to court documents.

Court records obtained by BuzzFeed News show that U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon denied Fusion GPS's request for an injunction on the grounds that such a disclosure to Congress would violate the firm's First Amendment rights.

"Because I find all of Fusion's objections to the subpoena to be unavailing" the motion was denied, wrote Leon, an appointee of former President George W. Bush.

The Hill

Devon Nunes is going to crack Glenn Simpson like an egg.
        Last edited by The Doctor; 10 Jan 18, 09:40.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Senator Diane Feinstein released the testimony of the Fusion GPS witness in front of Congress last summer.

It is an excellent move on the Senator's part:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018...9911515523334/
          1) She did not release the testimony : she leaked it .

2) It is not an excellent move, but an illegal move, something one can expect from a Democrat .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

2) It is not an excellent move, but an illegal move, something one can expect from a Democrat .
            It was not illegal. It was improper. The transcript was not classified; but it was of a private interview and should not have been released without committee approval.

She released it because it's nothing but more unsubstantiated innuendo.

Comment

Crime is what Dems do best.

My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I think the word you are looking for is not "illegal" but "unethical". It is the progressive way.
                “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

She released it.

It's both improper and illegal to do so per the standing rules.

She is therefore a criminal unfit for any public office.

If at all possible, we should fight to keep PC'ism and polspeak off these forums except as examples of what not to say.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    Too fracking funny!

Next time try BING. Elapsed time: 1.5 secs to posting. You need a new computer.
                    col·lu·sion
                    [kəˈlo͞oZHən]
                    NOUN
                    secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others:
                    "the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers" · [more]
                    synonyms: conspiracy · connivance · complicity · intrigue · plotting · secret understanding · collaboration · scheming
                    law
                    illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The Russia investigation enters it's final phase:

Comment

The Dems are big into fairy tales.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        The Russia investigation enters it's final phase:

My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

[INDENT]

In real news...
                          A federal judge ruled Thursday that the Washington-based firm Fusion GPS cannot block the House Intelligence Committee from subpoenaing the firm's financial records, according to court documents.

Court records obtained by BuzzFeed News show that U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon denied Fusion GPS's request for an injunction on the grounds that such a disclosure to Congress would violate the firm's First Amendment rights.

"Because I find all of Fusion's objections to the subpoena to be unavailing" the motion was denied, wrote Leon, an appointee of former President George W. Bush.

The Hill

Devon Nunes is going to crack Glenn Simpson like an egg.
                          Oh goody!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Next time try BING. Elapsed time: 1.5 secs to posting. You need a new computer.
                            Too fracking funny!

"Collude" and "colluded" also yielded zero-point-zero results.

A PDF file is a Portable Document Format file. The transcript of Senate committee's interview of Glenn Simpson is a PDF file. If you open the transcript and search the document for the words collusion, collude or colluded, you will get zero returns.

Of course if you search the Internet, you will get returns... Because collude is a word. It's just a word that never appears in the transcript in any form.

Comment

It was not illegal. It was improper. The transcript was not classified; but it was of a private interview and should not have been released without committee approval.
                              Would the assent of the full committee be needed to release such material, or only the chairman's and/or ranking minority member's?

She released it because it's nothing but more unsubstantiated innuendo.
                              Purely political. Regardless of one's sentiments, this move on Feinstein's part isn't passing the sniff test. Think of it this way: before too long the subject of a Senate committee investigation is going to be a Democrat. Can we expect Feinstein to pull this kind of move then -- or will she screech like a scalded cat when a Republican member releases committee material?
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X