Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame students call for removal of Columbus Confederate monument...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame students call for removal of Columbus Confederate monument...

Notre Dame Students Push for Removal of Columbus Mural, Call it ‘Version of Confederate Monument’

by TOM CICCOTTA 9 Jan 2018

Students at the University of Notre Dame are calling for the removal of a mural of Christopher Columbus that has been attached to the university’s main building since 1884.

Members of the Notre Dame community are calling for the removal of an old mural featured in the university’s main building that depicts Christopher Columbus’ journey to the Americas in 1492. There are actually 12 murals in total hung in the main building that depict his journey and arrival to the Americas.

[...]

“In this era of political divisiveness and a renewed rise of dangerous nationalism, it is time for Notre Dame to remove its own version of a Confederate monument. It is time for the murals to go,” it continues.

[...]

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...rate-monument/

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Of course... Columbus was a rich White dude who was a Confederate, Nazi, slave owner, not to mention straight!

Comment

When is this stupidity going to end? Are any of these protesting students Spanish or Italian? If they want a worthy cause, why don't they volunteer time at a soup kitchen? The Catholic Church could surely start one up for them.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        When is this stupidity going to end? Are any of these protesting students Spanish or Italian? If they want a worthy cause, why don't they volunteer time at a soup kitchen? The Catholic Church could surely start one up for them.

Pruitt

Fore shame on you for even mentioning them. (Yea I know Notre dame=Catholic Church but still)
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I do hope that the mural stays.

It only demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of history when people demand something only to be currently popular.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Just another example displaying how college students aren't actually smart people these days.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              For shame on you for even mentioning them. (Yea I know Notre dame=Catholic Church but still)
              South Bend, Indiana could use another Soup Kitchen or two. Most Catholic Churches can give a homeless person a meal and a night's sleep out of the weather, but that is limited to a one time deal. You can't come back for another helping. A friend of mine did this thirty years ago. I see nothing wrong with mandating Catholic College students give a little volunteer work to the community. These students that are whining need more to do before they start worrying about some Columbus murals. If they can't volunteer, there is always state college.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

America's ISIS strikes again...
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

It only demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of history when people demand something only to be currently popular.
                  Its the progressive way.
                  “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

The 21st century, when the "halls of ivy" were replaced throughout America by the "calls of pansies."

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

[*]Students at the University of Notre Dame are calling for the removal of a mural of Christopher Columbus that has been attached to the university’s main building since 1884.
                      [*]Members of the Notre Dame community are calling for the removal of an old mural featured in the university’s main building that depicts Christopher Columbus’ journey to the Americas in 1492. There are actually 12 murals in total hung in the main building that depict his journey and arrival to the Americas.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...rate-monument/

Who are these members of the Notre Dame community that oppose Columbus is what I want to know. What can be said is that Columbus statues exist all over the USA, even here in Buffalo I proudly took a picture with a Columbus statue courtesy of my Palestinian friend Muhammad who notified me of the statues location.

The opposition to Columbus in Notre Dame could be manifested in number of ways.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/09/u...y-protest.html

Its not a liberal, progressive or leftist push to oppose Columbus as Columbus like many Catholics of his time was an adventurous liberal willing to take great risk for a great reward. Those who oppose Columbus have their own reasons to oppose Columbus but will have a hard time saying its the liberal way to oppose Columbus.

I strongly feel that Columbus statues/monuments will for the most part remain throughout the world.
                      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

If it stays I'd expect it to be defaced or vandalized shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          If it stays I'd expect it to be defaced or vandalized shortly thereafter.
                          Oh, yeah. It's the Left, after all.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Argh!!!! And these kids are enrolled in one of the country's finest universities!
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

I recall any number of organizations in the 20th Century that removed, destroyed, or otherwise obliterated history, be it books, monuments, paintings, etc.

None of those organizations were what you would call 'good'.....and within the ranks of those organizations lie virtually every one of the 20th century's most evil people.

In the 21st Century, two organizations have followed suit:

1) The Progressive Left

2) ISIS
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X