"Donald Trump rises with Steve Bannonís fall"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Donald Trump rises with Steve Bannonís fall"

What was the best way to unite Republicans behind Trump? Unite them against Bannon...
    POLITICS JAN 4 2018, 7:42 PM ET
    Donald Trump rises with Steve Bannonís fall
    by JONATHAN ALLEN

Steve Bannon has unified the Republican Party ó against Steve Bannon.

And President Donald Trump stands to benefit most from his former chief strategist's comeuppance.

Without Bannon barking in his ear ó and nipping at the heels of Republican senators ó it will be easier for Trump to deliver on the remainder of a legislative agenda that threatens to strain his base over issues such as federal spending, government wiretaps and immigration.

[...]
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...s-fall-n834731

"Do you think he plans it all out? Or just makes it up as he goes along?"
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

This reminds me of an anecdote (don't know if it is true) that before promoting an officer to command, Napoleon would ponder the question: "Is he lucky?"

Trump continues to move from win to success to positive result.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You don't need to know a lot of facts if you know which facts are important.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        This reminds me of an anecdote (don't know if it is true) that before promoting an officer to command, Napoleon would ponder the question: "Is he lucky?"

So do you believe that the accusations made in the book are good for the Trump Presidency?

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
          So do you believe that the accusations made in the book are good for the Trump Presidency?
          They will be if they are discredited. That would give another example of "fake news" and reinforce the idea that the MSM and much of those detracting and ridiculing Trump are just making it up as they go. For the undecided, it could drive them into supporting Trump.

This is the problem here. Those most desirous to destroy Trump are using any means possible, and many of those means include lies, deception, half truths, propaganda, ad hominems, and general vitriolic hate. That doesn't play well with anyone except those already equally hating on Trump. Instead of building opposition to Trump, they're like the boy who cried wolf one too many times. Eventually the non-true-believers, which are the vast majority of people, will simply get fed up with this $h!+ and start ignoring the MSM and TDS crowd entirely, even when they have something that's true to report. They'll have lied one time too many and nobody will give them any credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            Well said!
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              Sounds like you're a believer in 'alternate facts' which are at best hyperbole and at worst just plain lies.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Trump isn't 'rising' with garbage such as this. Self-praise, as well as the praise of sycophants, is meaningless...

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politi...art/index.html

This is nothing but egocentrism on steroids.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Trump isn't 'rising' with garbage such as this. Self-praise, as well as the praise of sycophants, is meaningless...

You're just whistling past the graveyard. CNN isn't a source.

Comment

Your reply fits perfectly here:

Sounds like you're a believer in 'alternate facts' which are at best hyperbole and at worst just plain lies.
                    The left is buying of on the book......which has already been proven by the author to be "alternate facts".
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Your reply fits perfectly here:

The left is buying of on the book......which has already been proven by the author to be "alternate facts".
                      The hilarious thing is that Wolff clearly states that he relied on "alternate facts" when they were better fits to his narrative.
                      Here is the relevant part of the note, from the 10th page of the book's prologue:
                      "Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.

"Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true."

The book itself, reviewed by Business Insider from a copy acquired prior to its Friday publication, is not always clear about what level of confidence the author has in any particular assertion.
                      http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...ll-true-2018-1

Obviously, the Clinton News Network would ignore this disclaimer.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        The book itself, reviewed by Business Insider from a copy acquired prior to its Friday publication, is not always clear about what level of confidence the author has in any particular assertion.
                        I like this part:

"They include assertions that Trump never wanted to be president"

So the left is claiming that he didn't want to be president while at the same time they are claiming that he colluded with the Russians to become president....

It's time for my Marine Brother to relax and maybe spend a few days gathering his thoughts.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          "So the left is claiming..."
                          The left exists as a hive-mind?
                          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                            The left exists as a hive-mind?
                            Interesting question....why would you think that?

1. Do you think that the people that voted for Trump exists as a hive-mind?

2. Do you think that conservatives think as a hive-mind?

3. Do you think that Europeans think as a hive-mind?

If you answered yes to any one of those three questions....

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

True. Napoleon knew that in combat, luck plays a major role in success.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X