No announcement yet.

The Trump Effect: "40 companies give Trump tax reform bonuses, up to $2,000"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump Effect: "40 companies give Trump tax reform bonuses, up to $2,000"

WASHINGTON SECRETS
    Boom: 40 companies give Trump tax reform bonuses, up to $2,000

by Paul Bedard | Jan 3, 2018

Some 40 U.S. companies have responded to President Trump’s tax cut and reform victory in Congress last year by handing out bonuses up to $2,000, increases in 401k matches and spending on charity, a much higher number than previously known.

According to the list from Americans for Tax Reform, “Thanks to tax cuts, growing list of companies announcing bonuses, wage hikes, charitable donations.”

[...]
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bo...rticle/2644910

The list now stands at 52 companies.

MAGA!
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Soon we will have posters trying to explain why Americans having more money is bad.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Trickle down?
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Soon we will have posters trying to explain why Americans having more money is bad.
        Correction, why Americans have more of the money they earn. Rather than it going to places like Egypt or Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          [INDENT][B]WASHINGTON SECRETS
          [SIZE="4"]Some 40 U.S. companies have responded to President Trump’s tax cut and reform victory in Congress last year (snip) by handing out bonuses up to $2,000, increases in 401k matches and spending on charity, a much higher number than previously known.
          A bunch of rich dudes voting themselvesa tax cut is The stupidest description of “victory” that I’ve ever heard.

Much of the bonus from AT&T (the $2000 one) was in the renegotiated contract for their retail workers. So let’s declare a victory for labor unions: HUZZAH!

The rest of the AT&T bonus was announced prior to the tax cut and was CONDITIONAL on the legislation passing.

What we have here is bribery on a scale much higher than previously known.
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
          -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
            A bunch of rich dudes voting themselvesa tax cut is The stupidest description of “victory” that I’ve ever heard.
            /facepalm

Too bad that's not actually happening.

Much of the bonus from AT&T (the $2000 one) was in the renegotiated contract for their retail workers. So let’s declare a victory for labor unions: HUZZAH!

The rest of the AT&T bonus was announced prior to the tax cut and was CONDITIONAL on the legislation passing.

Hey, there we go. Someone complaining about Americans having more money. /facepalm
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Good things happening in America = furious lefties. Is there any other example of a group in history so determined to destroy the system that has created their own wealth and freedom? I can't think of any.
              "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

simple because we are not paying our bills and instead giving ourselves a sugar rush.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                  simple because we are not paying our bills and instead giving ourselves a sugar rush.
                  Oh I agree. Long time Uncle Sam stops being sugar daddy.
                  "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    WASHINGTON SECRETS
                    Boom: 40 companies give Trump tax reform bonuses, up to $2,000

by Paul Bedard | Jan 3, 2018

Some 40 U.S. companies have responded to President Trump’s tax cut and reform victory in Congress last year by handing out bonuses up to $2,000, increases in 401k matches and spending on charity, a much higher number than previously known.

According to the list from Americans for Tax Reform, “Thanks to tax cuts, growing list of companies announcing bonuses, wage hikes, charitable donations.”

[...]
                    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bo...rticle/2644910

The list now stands at 52 companies.

MAGA!
                    Does that include Big Oil? Because fuel costs have gone UP...again.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

That depends on which Americans and how much money.

Fuel prices have gone up again, for example, but no cost of living raise for the retired generations who made this nation. Just higher and higher costs of living.

Everything is relative, AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                        Good things happening in America = furious lefties. Is there any other example of a group in history so determined to destroy the system that has created their own wealth and freedom? I can't think of any.
                        What good things? The tax cut is very likely going to raise the taxes on most Americans. Certainly on the Americans living in states with high property/state taxes like New York and California. But of course those are blue states and in the cockeyed world of the Grump-in-Chief, there aren’t any real Americans living in blue states. And families with 3 or more children are very likely to see their taxes go up.

The tax cut was a tax cut for the rich and powerful. End of story.
                        "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
                        -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

What good things? The tax cut is very likely going to raise the taxes on most Americans. Certainly on the Americans living in states with high property/state taxes like New York and California. But of course those are blue states and in the cockeyed world of the Grump-in-Chief, there aren’t any real Americans living in blue states. And families with 3 or more children are very likely to see their taxes go up.

Not on me. I expect a $1500 to $2000 drop in my federal taxes, and since my state taxes are tied to the federal as a percentage they'll go down too. Yea!

I'd say the only Middle Class Americans who are likely to lose on this deal live in high tax, high cost of living Blue states like New York or California. But, since the Republicans really don't count on those states contributing anything to their agenda why not tailor a tax bill to punish their residents for letting their local government raise taxes through the rafters and make things like housing unaffordable?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Not on me. I expect a $1500 to $2000 drop in my federal taxes, and since my state taxes are tied to the federal as a percentage they'll go down too. Yea!

I'd say the only Middle Class Americans who are likely to lose on this deal live in high tax, high cost of living Blue states like New York or California. But, since the Republicans really don't count on those states contributing anything to their agenda why not tailor a tax bill to punish their residents for letting their local government raise taxes through the rafters and make things like housing unaffordable?
                            No, they are middle class, older and/or retired Americans on fixed incomes. Herewith a simple lesson on very basic economics:

As more money is made available, demand and prices rise, and those hurt worst are those of us on fixed incomes with no possibility of adequate adjustments.

And you do know that one of the major incorporations of the ACA was big tax increases and new taxes on things like estates and inheritances, right?

So enjoy your windfall, and I hope you live long enough to become one of us.

Comment

That's BS. Most Americans will see a tax cut of some sort. I live in a high tax state and I will see a tax cut. Only some of the upper middle class in high tax states will see an increase. However, raising these peoples taxes is a Dem's wet dream so I'm not sure why you are complaining. Also why should the Feds care about giving credits to high tax states? If those states fell their residents are paying to much, they can go ahead and cut taxes.

Of course any tax cut benefits the rich more, they pay most of the taxes. Duh!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X