No announcement yet.

Bill Nye: Blue States to ‘Impose Economic Sanctions’ against AGW-Denying States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Nye: Blue States to ‘Impose Economic Sanctions’ against AGW-Denying States

Bill Nye demonstrates that his moronic ignorance is not limited to science...
    Bill Nye: Blue States Will ‘Impose Economic Sanctions’ Against Climate Change-Denying States

by PAM KEY
    29 Dec 2017

Friday on MSNBC, climate activist Bill Nye warned conservatives to “watch out,” saying progressive blue states will “address climate change” on their own.

Nye said, “Only 40 percent of people in the U.S. think that Congress should be addressing this and that’s because certain conservative groups, especially from the fossil fuel industry, have been very successful in introducing the idea that scientific uncertainty, plus or minus two percent, is the same as plus or minus 100 percent.”

He continued, “There’s a lot of emphasis from conservatives on what are writ-large states rights. Just watch out, conservatives, if states rights include California, Illinois, New York — these places that, where people voted in a progressive fashion — watch out if all those places start to address climate change and then impose economic sanctions, either overtly or by default, on places that have not embraced the work that needs to be done. Then you’ll end up with this states rights working the other way.”

He added, “We’ve got to remind people that we’re all in this together. The people I think about all the time are what are eloquently stated as the hillbillies. We want to engage everybody. Not working to address climate change is in no one’s best interest.

[...]
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...enying-states/

Hey MORON! Google "Commerce Clause." Then go freeze in the dark!
    Last edited by The Doctor; 31 Dec 17, 08:16.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

They can and have imposed economic sanctions. On themselves.

Local emmission regulations, subsidies for green energy, the list goes on. Most importantly, GHG emmisions are correlated to manufactring as well as general business actvity, so those states have created an unfriendly enviornment to conduct business.

Comment

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
      They can and have imposed economic sanctions. On themselves.

Local emmission regulations, subsidies for green energy, the list goes on. Most importantly, GHG emmisions are correlated to manufactring as well as general business actvity, so those states have created an unfriendly enviornment to conduct business.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Bill Nye and science (and common sense) are like oil and water. Sad, because it wasn't always that way. Or was it?
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Bill Nye and science (and common sense) are like oil and water. Sad, because it wasn't always that way. Or was it?
          It was. Bill Nye has no actual scientific education or experience.
          After attending the private Sidwell Friends School, Nye enrolled at Cornell University, where he studied mechanical engineering. Upon earning his Bachelor of Science degree, Nye went on to begin his career at The Boeing Company in Seattle, where he would live for many years. Nye developed a hydraulic pressure resonance suppressor that is still used in the Boeing 747.

Entertainment Career

Nye got his start in comedy after winning a Steve Martin look-alike contest, and went on to work as an engineer by day and a stand-up comic by night. He eventually quit his day job and became a comedy writer and performer on the show Almost Live. It was there that he earned the nickname "The Science Guy."
          https://www.biography.com/people/bill-nye-20950589

Engineers, particularly mechanical engineers, aren't scientists...
          Engineering Is Not Science

By HENRY PETROSKI
          Posted 23 Nov 2010 | 19:10 GMT

In political discourse, public policy debates, and the mass media, engineering is often a synonym for science. This confusion might seem an innocuous shorthand for headline writers, but it can leave politicians, policymakers, and the general public unable to make informed decisions about the technical challenges facing the world today.

Science is about understanding the origins, nature, and behavior of the universe and all it contains; engineering is about solving problems by rearranging the stuff of the world to make new things. Conflating these separate objectives leads to uninformed opinions, which in turn can delay or misdirect management, effort, and resources.

[...]
          https://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/te...is-not-science

Bill Nye was a mechanical engineer who quit his day job to become a comedy writer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Bill Nye was a mechanical engineer who quit his day job to become a comedy writer.
            Well...I can't say that I'm surprised after seeing his political antics these last few years. Seems like the left is just filled with posers anymore.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              Well...I can't say that I'm surprised after seeing his political antics these last few years. Seems like the left is just filled with posers anymore.
              Nye and Gore are total frauds...
              Al Gore and Bill Nye FAIL at doing a simple CO2 experiment
              Replicating Al Gore’s Climate 101 video experiment (from the 24 hour Gore-a-thon) shows that his “high school physics” could never work as advertised

Readers may recall my previous essay where I pointed out how Mr. Gore’s Climate 101 Video, used in his “24 hours of climate reality”, had some serious credibility issues with editing things to make it appear as if they had actually performed the experiment, when they clearly did not. It has taken me awhile to replicate the experiment. Delays were a combination of acquisition and shipping problems, combined with my availability since I had to do this on nights and weekends. I worked initially using the original techniques and equipment, and I’ve replicated the Climate 101 experiment in other ways using improved equipment. I’ve compiled several videos. My report follows

[...]
              https://wattsupwiththat.com/climate-...o2-experiment/

Bill Nye is so scientifically illiterate, that Tucker Carlson kicked his @$$...

Bill Nye’s Embarrassing Face-off with Tucker Carlson on Climate Change

Tucker Carlson "attended St. George's School, a boarding school in Middletown, Rhode Island. After graduation, he studied at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut and graduated in 1992 with a B.A. in history"... Yet he made Nye look like a babbling idiot in their "debate" on climate change.

Comment

Let's hope "Blue" states, like California, do impose all sorts of economic sanctions particularly on those living there. Oh, wait... They have!

So, what's that gotten Cali, the most Progressive state on Gorebal Warming? A power shortage requiring they import much what they use from Arizona, Nevada, and Utah...

A water shortage due to not using good water management techniques.

Solar failures like the Ivanpah "Bird cooker."

Shutting down the one nuclear plant in the state and losing its biggest energy producer.

The highest gas prices in the nation (well, except Hawaii...)

Businesses that actually produce stuff fleeing the state leaving them with just increasingly service and office jobs.

Let's hope they continue to force business to leave and have to spend all their cash in neighboring Red states to maintain their standard of living.

Comment

Let's not forget Nye's short lived, and deservedly so, show Bill Nye Saves the World. Forgetting for a moment the monumental hubris in the show's title, it was retched.

Yea...

His "science" is crap and he's a self flagellating anus caught up in a delusion that he's as great as a bunch of other celebrities tell him he is.

Comment

So by means of 'Economic Sanctions" California will no longer spend its money buying energy from Gorebal Warming Denier states?
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The guy made appearances on The Big Bang Theory.

Let the struggling blue states pay the freight. To help, Texas can double the rate for the electricity the Caliban buys from us. And keep taking in the jobs they're shipping to us.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X