Ex-Marine commandant guilty of unlawful command influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Eh, if you get kicked out on your ass, you're and Ex.
    What if it happens more than once? Are you a dos equis?

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Killing an enemy and urinating on them is not an issue. The issue is recording the activity and circulating the recording. Why Commanders let soldiers bring media phones on patrol escapes me. The Duty NCO is supposed to check all his men before leaving the base. It sounds like someone did not do their job. The First Sergeant should have had a letter of reprimand minimum placed in his jacket. So should the Officer in Charge. Feces should roll uphill as well as downhill.

Pruitt
      There is a positive side to allowing them to take media phones. They can use it to contact the rear if comms are down. They can use it to take pictures for intel purposes and multiple other activities. Company Level Intelligence Cells (CLIC) have been using the Marines data collected from their cell phones for at least 10 years now.

The Marines SNCO should have immediately forced them to dig fighting holes as a punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        Within the Corps there is a bit of a different grammatical setup with reference to certain things:

I'm not an Ex-Marine, I'm a Former Marine by virtue of an Honorable Discharge. Medically Discharged Marines are also former Marines. This is denoting that I am not subject to involuntary recall to service like a reservist would be, but I remain a part of the brotherhood. Retired Marines, depending on individual taste, will answer for Retired or Former. In essence being a "Former" anything within the Corps is the dignity equivalent of retiring from something prior to what would have actually been retirement age. I'm a Former Redpatcher or Former Marine, depending on whether I'm talking to a Marine or a Civilian respectively.
        Schuttlebutt at System Command was that he was Commandant for two reasons; to get the F-35 moving along and to break tradition of Infantry holding the spot.

An interesting side note, Amos set this policy:

“A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago – there’s no such thing as a former Marine.
        You’re a Marine, just in a different uniform and you’re in a different phase of your life. But you’ll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.
        There’s no such thing as a former Marine.”

http://usmclife.com/2017/07/marine-always-marine/

Interesting because he never went to TBS......"the hills of Quantico"

Comment

What hills? The only hills I saw in the training areas were all the piles of stuff lost by the Officer Candidates. I guess their packs were too heavy to carry a full load.

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          Schuttlebutt at System Command was that he was Commandant for two reasons; to get the F-35 moving along and to break tradition of Infantry holding the spot.

An interesting side note, Amos set this policy:

“A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago – there’s no such thing as a former Marine.
          You’re a Marine, just in a different uniform and you’re in a different phase of your life. But you’ll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.
          There’s no such thing as a former Marine.”

http://usmclife.com/2017/07/marine-always-marine/

Interesting because he never went to TBS......"the hills of Quantico"
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            What hills?
            How would Amos know.....he never attended TBS.

The only hills I saw in the training areas were all the piles of stuff lost by the Officer Candidates. I guess their packs were too heavy to carry a full load.
            There are some hills there but the pain in the butt ones are on the OCS side....

Comment

He ****ed up and the outcome was good.

Got to retire with full pay and benefits? Hell of a punishment.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X