Businesses can undermine Democratic opposition to GOP tax bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Businesses can undermine Democratic opposition to GOP tax bill

I think the Democrats might have some problems in November.

Bank of America sent an email to employees Friday from CEO Brian Moynihan highlighting the bank’s 2017 achievements and saying that because the bank will benefit from the GOP tax cut legislation “we intend to pass some of those benefits along immediately. U.S. employees making up to $150,000 per year in total compensation – about 145,000 teammates – will receive a one-time bonus of $1,000 by year-end.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/22/liz-peek-businesses-can-undermine-democratic-opposition-to-gop-tax-bill.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Nothing will undermine the Dem's convictions and rants against Trump.

Interesting, though, about the highly paid getting the bonuses instead of the line drones who really need it and can use it around Christmas time. The privileged get, and the rest pay.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Interesting, though, about the highly paid getting the bonuses instead of the line drones who really need it and can use it around Christmas time. The privileged get, and the rest pay.
      ---------------
      The privileged? Do you have any idea how much a bank teller or staffer makes in a bank? A thousand dollars is a lot of money to those people. Same with AT T folks. Geez Louise!

Comment

Everyone that makes up to $150,000 gets the bonus....that includes the line drones.........
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
          ---------------
          The privileged? Do you have any idea how much a bank teller or staffer makes in a bank? A thousand dollars is a lot of money to those people. Same with AT T folks. Geez Louise!
          It's your money they're giving away as bonuses to others, genius.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It's your money they're giving away as bonuses to others, genius.
            --------------------
            Its their money they worked for it, just like I worked for mine when I owned my business, and since when did it become a bad thing for a worker to receive a bonus?
            Last edited by Mystikeye; 22 Dec 17, 16:48.

Comment

The old one is right: the lefties view 'the privileged' as 'someone with a real job'.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Precisely. Democrats are mostly Progressives today and their views are more like religious dogma than rational political ones.

Comment

Private sector employee's getting bonuses finally? SOunds like a great thing to me. Another wonderful thing reported in the New York Times today is that 700 bureacrats have quit the EPA over the last year. Looks like that swamp is starting to drain. You know its getting clean when the rats move out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X