Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we appoint another special investigator? For Obama.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we appoint another special investigator? For Obama.

If this report is true, this is Yuge!

A Politico investigation has revealed how the administration of former US President Barack Obama attempted to suppress a Drugs Enforcement Agency operation to expose a money-laundering scheme in which “proceeds from Latin American drug-running were being funneled to Hezbollah.”
    According to the examination released this week, DEA agents working on an operation codenamed “Project Cassandra” were hoping to prosecute operatives from Hezbollah, the Iranian-backed Lebanese militia, involved in cocaine trafficking and money laundering.

But in order to preserve the Iranian nuclear deal, a feature of the Obama legacy that the former administration prides itself on, the operation was “tamped down for fear of rocking the boat with Iran,” the investigation has found.

The nuclear deal saw economic sanctions lifted on Iran in exchange for the alleged suspension of the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program.

The eight-year-long DEA investigation saw agents using wiretaps, undercover operation and informants “to map Hezbollah’s illicit networks, with the help of 30 U.S. and foreign security agencies.”

Politico spoke with Project Cassandra agents, who claim that the Obama administration stifled or undermined the investigation, “allowing [the Hezbollah operatives] to remain active despite being under sealed US indictment for years.”

“This was a policy decision, it was a systematic decision,” David Asher, a financier who helped establish Project Cassandra.

“They serially ripped apart this entire effort that was very well supported and resourced, and it was done from the top down.”

Project Cassandra

Project Cassandra agents claim that officials at the Justice and Treasury departments repeatedly hindered Project Cassandra agents’ attempts to pursue “investigations, prosecutions, arrests and financial sanctions” against key figures in the scheme.

The operation, which made use of law enforcement agencies in seven countries, is believed to have uncovered “evidence that Hezbollah had transformed itself from a Middle East-focused military and political organization into an international crime syndicate that some investigators believed was collecting $1 billion a year from drug and weapons trafficking, money laundering and other criminal activities,” Politico reported.

Project Cassandra highlighted the “the dangerous global nexus between drug trafficking and terrorism”

Hezbollah operatives allegedly used the drug money to buy weapons that have been used in Syria.

The Obama administration seemingly let Hezbollah “off the hook,” Politico surmises. This is despite the US Department of State declaring the Lebanese militia a foreign terrorist organization since 1997.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/fea...ear-deal-.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

As always, the Dirty Dems will rally to prevent anything actually being done.

Comment

Definitely an interesting read.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

We should bring up hundreds of Investigators to investigate everyone,and the result will be, like in every other Investigation, Nothing!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

This story is getting traction internationally

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...gation-secure/

https://jewishjournal.com/news/natio...ack-hezbollah/

http://www.worldtribune.com/israelis...zbullah-probe/

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/2...e-iranian-deal
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Well, i have no doubt this happened. Our government has been doing stuff like this since there was a government. No sure a crime has been committed.

If you want to investigate this, then we need to investigate every president that ever supported oppressive dictators since the 1800s every one, of which, is guilty of horrendous human rights abuses.

Just like the support for dictators, it was most likely a policy decision believed to be advantageous to the United States.

Do you honestly believe that if we could get North Korea to disarm their Nucs by letting stopping some investigation we wouldn't do that?
            Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Just who is this Obama character you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                Just who is this Obama character you speak of?
                There are heads of states demanding that he give up his peace prize,
                Let’s think about this, a sitting president ordered federal law enforcement agencies to ignore drug trafficking that supported an international terrorism organization.
                He also ordered automatic weapons being given to Mexican drug cartels.

Comment

I don't know. Odds are it will simply be another dog and pony show like Mueller.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Working from British politics I'd say there is an argument that every politician should be investigated on leaving office, it might keep some of them honest?
                    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

^ Allow me: working from Aztec politics, I'd say there is an argument that every politician should be sacrificed to the gods on leaving office, it might keep some of them honest.

Tell the truth, isn't that better?
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        ^ Allow me: working from Aztec politics, I'd say there is an argument that every politician should be sacrificed to the gods on leaving office, it might keep some of them honest.

Tell the truth, isn't that better?
                        Man, thems some strong term limits!

Comment

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                          Working from British politics I'd say there is an argument that every politician should be investigated on leaving office, it might keep some of them honest?
                          I think that’s a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                            Most of them should be investigated before taking office.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                              If this report is true, this is Yuge!
                              no unless we are going to be a banana republic

oh dam I need to send myself to HR again for using banana republic but what else is a good term

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Yesterday, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Yesterday, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Yesterday, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X