Whats up for 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up for 2018

Well with President Trump ending the year on an up note what do you think will be the next big issue for 2018? I personally think it will be a push for a Infrastructure Bill with some loud screeching by both sides but with $$$ secured for border wall and more infrastructure projects. What say you?

If the economy passes 4% growth, the Democrats and MSM will pull out all the stops on finding anything to pillory Trump with. The most minor misstep will become headline news for days. It will make TDS seem almost sane by comparison.

I think Trump will pass the $1 billion mark in regulatory cost reductions (it was about a $570 million decrease this year).

If infrastructure legislation is passed watch for it to be in areas that are at least economically likely to break even on costs if not actually turn a profit for the economy. The "Green" economy will be nowhere in sight in the bill.

I'd also like to see Trump put an end to the government subsidizing "Green" stuff in whole or part, particularly battery cars and solar. That might cause teeth gnashing in Sacramento and with Tesla, but it would rid the economy of a net drain on wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      If the economy passes 4% growth, the Democrats and MSM will pull out all the stops on finding anything to pillory Trump with. The most minor misstep will become headline news for days. It will make TDS seem almost sane by comparison.

I think Trump will pass the $1 billion mark in regulatory cost reductions (it was about a $570 million decrease this year).

If infrastructure legislation is passed watch for it to be in areas that are at least economically likely to break even on costs if not actually turn a profit for the economy. The "Green" economy will be nowhere in sight in the bill.

I'd also like to see Trump put an end to the government subsidizing "Green" stuff in whole or part, particularly battery cars and solar. That might cause teeth gnashing in Sacramento and with Tesla, but it would rid the economy of a net drain on wealth.
      -----------------
      Good opinion, Green has been an open for crony capitalism. It would be much more improved if forced to compete in a free market. The people obviously want 'Green" if its affordable to the working class.

Comment

...Whats up for 2018...
        It's a Leap Year. After that, all bets are off.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

Umm, no it's not. The next leap year will be 2020 when Trump win a second term.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
              Umm, no it's not. The next leap year will be 2020 when Trump win a second term.
              Looks like III Corps is going to be demoted to II Corps.

Tuebor

Comment

Well, with the economy picking up steam, domestic issues like immigration improving thanks to agencies actually doing their job, and the US to the UN actually standing up for America, things are looking very good.

Add in the Mueller has driven his investigation axles-deep in an ethical quagmire, and DNC is attacking its own people, 2018 holds a great deal of promise.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                  Looks like III Corps is going to be demoted to II Corps.

Tuebor
                  Actually trying to make him II Corps would be a promotion.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

For 2018 I see more tweets from the prez.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Republicans are already stated Social Security is up next

btw since we are already at 650 ish debt How can they do infrastructure and not get to the 1 trillion dollar mark of debt.

Note I left off the potential 120 ish Billion from the tax cut.

To not outspend Obama they cant afford to add to much considering Obama had a two front war and economic down turn to deal with.

How are the Tea party guys going to justify to there electorate increasing the debt more than Obama during good times.

Reps would of been better off going Infrastructure before taxes. Infrastructure would of been a economic boost and more targeted at Trump voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        The one we know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                          This man is psychic..........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X