US threatens other Nations over the UN vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JML View Post
    Back to topic of thread. Resolution was passed by 128 for and nine against. Among those that voted for resolution is UK.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42446027
    128 voted for it out of 193.....

This will probably hurt the UN more than any other group.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      128 voted for it out of 193.....

This will probably hurt the UN more than any other group.
      Britain voted for : there are 6 million Muslims in Britain who vote in the elections and no Americans .

Comment

I hope Trump cuts U.N. funding deeply and but those dollars into the defense budget.

Comment

Nothing but childish bullying on the part of Trump and Haley.

Our European allies voted against us, just as they had advised the US not to pull this stunt.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Our European allies voted against us, just as they had advised the US not to pull this stunt.

Regarding the UN:

The Cook County Commissioner is out of his mind. Further, he has no authority, under the Constitution, to ask for foreign military assistance.

This guy is an idiot.
            How does the UN or any of the 128 nations that voted against the US have any authority under the Constitution to influence our laws?

Why wasn't this brought up in 1995 when the US officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

So, the title of this thread is really backwards. It should read: "Other nations threaten US with UN vote."

Comment

The appeasement never ends.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

"Our European allies voted against us " : because, they were kissing the behinds of the Muslims and were angry that US did not do it .

Comment

Off-topic post deleted. See post #75 for explanation. ACG Staff
                    Last edited by Skoblin; 22 Dec 17, 13:53.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by JML View Post
                      Side was picked for us when Soviets attacked us.
                      Yes, we know, and anyone that really knows what was happening back then knows you guys got a pretty raw deal handed to you by fate and a really twisted set of alliances.

But shouldn't that mean that you guys can sympathize with someone else that is getting a raw deal, currently?

I know, Leftism demands that you despise America and all things American, so your Press raises Hell about us and you & your pals all voted against us in the hoary old UN... but here is a little something from the Cold War;
                      If you want to know who is really in control, make a list of the people you are not allowed to criticize.

Clear enough?

Comment

Blue Helmets have NO Business in the United States!
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          Blue Helmets have NO Business in the United States!
                          What? You're against having live target practice...?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            I'm confused.
                            The US is being told what to do by other nations, is refusing to do as it is told, and further that it will remember who demanded we do as they say, and you see the US as being the bad guy here?

I think you are looking at this backwards.
                            The UN at it again. The may not demand on this issue, but they are free to criticize.

In this piece, Haley is demanding something rather childish:
                            Haley told countries – including European delegations – that she will report back to the US president with the names of those who support a draft resolution rejecting the US move at the UN general assembly on Thursday, adding that Trump took the issue personally.
                            On Thurs there’ll be a vote criticizing our choice. The US will be taking names.
                            "We'll be taking names".
                            Gosh.
                            Last edited by Rutger; 23 Dec 17, 12:27.
                            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                              "We'll be taking names".
                              Gosh.
                              Have you read any of the other posts here?
                              Yes, take names, I would like to see a full list of how the Nations authorized their Reps to vote myself.

Of course, the Left would rather we play meek appeasement, as usual, but it is obvious that the UN is more worthless and more expensive than ever before.
                              Foreign Aid is more counter-productive than ever, as well, we know that a minimum of 80% of it just greases the pockets of 3rd-World Dictators.

Pardon us, but after nearly 4 generations, this is one stupid Merry-go-Round that most of us want to get off, thank you very much.

Go plant the seeds of your One-World Uber-Reich somewhere else.

Comment

Both sides are being childish.

1) The UN is being childish by throwing out resolutions on where one nation puts its Embassy in another nation. What business has the UN with that? If Britain wants to move its Embassy to Hell Michigan, then that's a matter between the US and Britain. The only reason that the UN is having a tantrum is because all of their umpteen hundred resolutions and speeches against Israel matter less in the grand scheme of things than a building where a single diplomatic official calls 'home' is located. Should tell you something about the validity of the UN.

2) The US government was being childish about 'we'll be taking names'. Now it is nice to know where everyone stands. And it seems that most stand on the side of telling another sovereign power what they can do when talking to another sovereign power. Israel wants to speak to the US in Jerusalem. The US would like to speak to Israel in Jerusalem. Embassy moved.

The only thing this whole UN thing did for me was once again remind me of a simple fact of life:

It's

US

vs.

Them

And yes....the thread title should be changed to "US and UN throw about meaningless threats at one another about a meaningless vote that couldn't accomplish anything anyway"
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X