X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    I don't. And neither do you. So stop lying.
    I'll find the quotes after the holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    The Donald is hardly the first "useful idiot" to occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Remember Jimmy Carter? Geo W Bush's comments were frankly idiotic, and Obama's "reset" was a clear admission of confusion, consternation, and weakness, what poker players call a "tell." Whatever happened to Don Vito's sublime wisdom?

And it's on that count that Donald Trump has personified the deterioration of American foreign policy. For years and years now, the talk has gotten bigger, and the actions have gotten lamer. Our statesmen -- a word I'm using rather liberally here -- announce our intentions to the whole world, well in advance of our actions.

And no, I'm not highlighting mob movies in honor of your Italian heritage. Since ancient times, Italians have been masters of realpolitik. We haven't had one of those since Ike. Trump, for all of his bluster, he ain't no Sicilian -- know what I mean. Putin is today's Sicilian, or today's Enrico Dandolo if you prefer. He knows how to get what he wants without arousing attention until it's too late. Trump, on the other hand, publishes his every thought is on Twitter. Doesn't exactly take a Richard Sorge to figure out what Trump wants to do and how he wants to do it. Forget about his politics: the best thing that Trump can do is to shut his big mouth. Just grow up already. I'd much rather have Carlo Gambino as president than clowns like Bill Clinton or Geo W Bush or Obama or Trump: Don Carlo knew how to keep his mouth shut.

There are ways, my friend, there are ways. The problem now is that since Putin has been buoyed by a string of consecutive successes, dealing with him is going to be impossible. The good news is that the sonofabitch can't live forever. The bad news is that he's in perfect health. We might have no choice but to ride him out, and upon his demise, reap the windfall of Russia's eventual collapse. In the meantime we have to keep our selves strong, and ready for anything, and clear of any unnecessary troubles.
    Tracking Marc, tracking, I cannot fault your logic.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    There is a world of difference between the comments of Bush or a wish to reset relationships and the Donald's denigration of America's intelligences agencies in favor of the word of a man that you are comapring to Hitler Marc; are you comparing the Donald to Chamberlein? Personally I think that term "useful idiot" describes the morally bankrupt Manhattan real esate developer much better.
    The Donald is hardly the first "useful idiot" to occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Remember Jimmy Carter? Geo W Bush's comments were frankly idiotic, and Obama's "reset" was a clear admission of confusion, consternation, and weakness, what poker players call a "tell." Whatever happened to Don Vito's sublime wisdom?

And it's on that count that Donald Trump has personified the deterioration of American foreign policy. For years and years now, the talk has gotten bigger, and the actions have gotten lamer. Our statesmen -- a word I'm using rather liberally here -- announce our intentions to the whole world, well in advance of our actions.

And no, I'm not highlighting mob movies in honor of your Italian heritage. Since ancient times, Italians have been masters of realpolitik. We haven't had one of those since Ike. Trump, for all of his bluster, he ain't no Sicilian -- know what I mean. Putin is today's Sicilian, or today's Enrico Dandolo if you prefer. He knows how to get what he wants without arousing attention until it's too late. Trump, on the other hand, publishes his every thought is on Twitter. Doesn't exactly take a Richard Sorge to figure out what Trump wants to do and how he wants to do it. Forget about his politics: the best thing that Trump can do is to shut his big mouth. Just grow up already. I'd much rather have Carlo Gambino as president than clowns like Bill Clinton or Geo W Bush or Obama or Trump: Don Carlo knew how to keep his mouth shut.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    No disagreement there Marc, but short of all out war, regime change and a protacted period of a McArthur style overlordship of Russia, I do not see Russia changing anytime soon.
    There are ways, my friend, there are ways. The problem now is that since Putin has been buoyed by a string of consecutive successes, dealing with him is going to be impossible. The good news is that the sonofabitch can't live forever. The bad news is that he's in perfect health. We might have no choice but to ride him out, and upon his demise, reap the windfall of Russia's eventual collapse. In the meantime we have to keep our selves strong, and ready for anything, and clear of any unnecessary troubles.

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Didn't George W Bush "look into Putin's eyes" and find goodness? Didn't Barack Obama -- with Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State -- want to "reset" relations with Russia? The fact is, under Putin's leadership, Russia has taken its petrodollars and plowed them into a more assertive, more aggressive, foreign policy. Aside of separating Putin from his petrodollars, there's not much short of war that can dissuade Putin from his present course. Republican or Democrat, I think that we'll all be pretty hard pressed to find anyone who wants a direct confrontation with Russia.
    There is a world of difference between the comments of Bush or a wish to reset relationships and the Donald's denigration of America's intelligences agencies in favor of the word of a man that you are comapring to Hitler Marc; are you comparing the Donald to Chamberlein? Personally I think that term "useful idiot" describes the morally bankrupt Manhattan real esate developer much better.

Not that I want to make this comparison man-to-man, but with respect to other powers' apprehension of direct confrontation, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin rather resembles Adolf Hitler: everybody's waiting around hoping that someone else to do something about him.

And we all recall how well that worked in 1939. Don't we.
    No disagreement there Marc, but short of all out war, regime change and a protacted period of a McArthur style overlordship of Russia, I do not see Russia changing anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Get back to me when you can specifically define the crime of "collusion" and the actual details of effect by what is "meddling".

That is going to be a long wait. Instead of bringing a book, I suggest you write one while waiting.

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
    Wait...let me get this straight. Your saying that since Putin publically called Trump an imperialist and denounced his strategic policy that, that somehow exonerates Trump or anyone in his administration of possible collusion or that it means Putin 'didn't meddle in the U.S. Election to help Trump. Seriously? How naïve about world affairs and politics does someone have to be to believe that.

I guess all those year our government denounced the human rights abuses of Egypt's dictators means we didn't secretly and overtly support them. Good to know.
    Get back to me when you can specifically define the crime of "collusion" and the actual details of effect by what is "meddling".

Leave a comment:

• Anthrax
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Putin Calls Trump an Imperialist
    The Kremlin slammed President Donald Trump’s national security strategy on Tuesday, calling it imperialist and saying the U.S. is unwilling to accept a multipolar world.

“We cannot agree with an attitude that sees our country as a threat to the United States,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters a day after Trump revealed his national security strategy. “A quick read of the parts of the strategy that mention our country one way or another... [shows] an imperialist character.”

Trump revealed his administration’s national security strategy on Monday, announcing that his signature “America First” slogan will be a guiding principle of his administration’s foreign policy. The document outlining the administration’s official strategy repeatedly mentions Russia and China as two rival powers who “challenge American power, influence and interests, attempting to erode American security and prosperity.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...z&ocid=msnbcrd

Huh?

According to the Left-wingnuts with Trump Derangement Syndrome that have been posting here, Putin and Trump are great buddies and Russia(Putin) "meddled" in our elections to get their guy(Trump) elected ...
    Wait...let me get this straight. Your saying that since Putin publically called Trump an imperialist and denounced his strategic policy that, that somehow exonerates Trump or anyone in his administration of possible collusion or that it means Putin 'didn't meddle in the U.S. Election to help Trump. Seriously? How naïve about world affairs and politics does someone have to be to believe that.

I guess all those year our government denounced the human rights abuses of Egypt's dictators means we didn't secretly and overtly support them. Good to know.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Sorry I didn't realize you spoke for every republican.
    I don't. And neither do you. So stop lying.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Common Sense,
    So rare, it may as well be a Superpower.
    I know.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Think about what you just posted here and what you posted earlier:

Good point. On the bright side democrats haven't resorted to killing people which is what the republicans threatened if Trump lost.

Republicans also swore up and down that the election was rigged, then completely switched stances after.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    If you engage in international trade with an eye toward making a profit doesn't that make you an economic imperialist? Doesn't that make global corporations empires? If you produce more than you need to consume does make you an exploiter?

The Pareto principle and the Matthew effect means that for trade to be balanced it must be artificially regulated?

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    Yeah, that's laughably stupid of you to claim. I'm a republican, and I didn't threaten to kill anyone if Trump lost.

These elections are rigged in favor of the democrats, duh. What happened was that Trump won with enough of a margin to get over that hump.

Geez...do you enjoy being so wrong all of the time?

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Good point. On the bright side democrats haven't resorted to killing people which is what the republicans threatened if Trump lost.
    Yeah, that's laughably stupid of you to claim. I'm a republican, and I didn't threaten to kill anyone if Trump lost.

Republicans also swore up and down that the election was rigged, then completely switched stances after.
    These elections are rigged in favor of the democrats, duh. What happened was that Trump won with enough of a margin to get over that hump.

Geez...do you enjoy being so wrong all of the time?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Good point. On the bright side democrats haven't resorted to killing people
    The was the Dems and still is.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Funny, the former head of the KGB calling anybody else anything at all.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X