Putin Calls Trump an Imperialist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Didn't George W Bush "look into Putin's eyes" and find goodness? Didn't Barack Obama -- with Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State -- want to "reset" relations with Russia? The fact is, under Putin's leadership, Russia has taken its petrodollars and plowed them into a more assertive, more aggressive, foreign policy. Aside of separating Putin from his petrodollars, there's not much short of war that can dissuade Putin from his present course. Republican or Democrat, I think that we'll all be pretty hard pressed to find anyone who wants a direct confrontation with Russia.
    There is a world of difference between the comments of Bush or a wish to reset relationships and the Donald's denigration of America's intelligences agencies in favor of the word of a man that you are comapring to Hitler Marc; are you comparing the Donald to Chamberlein? Personally I think that term "useful idiot" describes the morally bankrupt Manhattan real esate developer much better.

Not that I want to make this comparison man-to-man, but with respect to other powers' apprehension of direct confrontation, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin rather resembles Adolf Hitler: everybody's waiting around hoping that someone else to do something about him.

And we all recall how well that worked in 1939. Don't we.
    No disagreement there Marc, but short of all out war, regime change and a protacted period of a McArthur style overlordship of Russia, I do not see Russia changing anytime soon.
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
      There is a world of difference between the comments of Bush or a wish to reset relationships and the Donald's denigration of America's intelligences agencies in favor of the word of a man that you are comapring to Hitler Marc; are you comparing the Donald to Chamberlein? Personally I think that term "useful idiot" describes the morally bankrupt Manhattan real esate developer much better.
      The Donald is hardly the first "useful idiot" to occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Remember Jimmy Carter? Geo W Bush's comments were frankly idiotic, and Obama's "reset" was a clear admission of confusion, consternation, and weakness, what poker players call a "tell." Whatever happened to Don Vito's sublime wisdom?

And it's on that count that Donald Trump has personified the deterioration of American foreign policy. For years and years now, the talk has gotten bigger, and the actions have gotten lamer. Our statesmen -- a word I'm using rather liberally here -- announce our intentions to the whole world, well in advance of our actions.

And no, I'm not highlighting mob movies in honor of your Italian heritage. Since ancient times, Italians have been masters of realpolitik. We haven't had one of those since Ike. Trump, for all of his bluster, he ain't no Sicilian -- know what I mean. Putin is today's Sicilian, or today's Enrico Dandolo if you prefer. He knows how to get what he wants without arousing attention until it's too late. Trump, on the other hand, publishes his every thought is on Twitter. Doesn't exactly take a Richard Sorge to figure out what Trump wants to do and how he wants to do it. Forget about his politics: the best thing that Trump can do is to shut his big mouth. Just grow up already. I'd much rather have Carlo Gambino as president than clowns like Bill Clinton or Geo W Bush or Obama or Trump: Don Carlo knew how to keep his mouth shut.

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
      No disagreement there Marc, but short of all out war, regime change and a protacted period of a McArthur style overlordship of Russia, I do not see Russia changing anytime soon.
      There are ways, my friend, there are ways. The problem now is that since Putin has been buoyed by a string of consecutive successes, dealing with him is going to be impossible. The good news is that the sonofabitch can't live forever. The bad news is that he's in perfect health. We might have no choice but to ride him out, and upon his demise, reap the windfall of Russia's eventual collapse. In the meantime we have to keep our selves strong, and ready for anything, and clear of any unnecessary troubles.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        The Donald is hardly the first "useful idiot" to occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Remember Jimmy Carter? Geo W Bush's comments were frankly idiotic, and Obama's "reset" was a clear admission of confusion, consternation, and weakness, what poker players call a "tell." Whatever happened to Don Vito's sublime wisdom?

And it's on that count that Donald Trump has personified the deterioration of American foreign policy. For years and years now, the talk has gotten bigger, and the actions have gotten lamer. Our statesmen -- a word I'm using rather liberally here -- announce our intentions to the whole world, well in advance of our actions.

And no, I'm not highlighting mob movies in honor of your Italian heritage. Since ancient times, Italians have been masters of realpolitik. We haven't had one of those since Ike. Trump, for all of his bluster, he ain't no Sicilian -- know what I mean. Putin is today's Sicilian, or today's Enrico Dandolo if you prefer. He knows how to get what he wants without arousing attention until it's too late. Trump, on the other hand, publishes his every thought is on Twitter. Doesn't exactly take a Richard Sorge to figure out what Trump wants to do and how he wants to do it. Forget about his politics: the best thing that Trump can do is to shut his big mouth. Just grow up already. I'd much rather have Carlo Gambino as president than clowns like Bill Clinton or Geo W Bush or Obama or Trump: Don Carlo knew how to keep his mouth shut.

There are ways, my friend, there are ways. The problem now is that since Putin has been buoyed by a string of consecutive successes, dealing with him is going to be impossible. The good news is that the sonofabitch can't live forever. The bad news is that he's in perfect health. We might have no choice but to ride him out, and upon his demise, reap the windfall of Russia's eventual collapse. In the meantime we have to keep our selves strong, and ready for anything, and clear of any unnecessary troubles.
        Tracking Marc, tracking, I cannot fault your logic.
        Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
        Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          I don't. And neither do you. So stop lying.
          I'll find the quotes after the holidays.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
            Klaudia Tanner
            by casanova
            During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
            Yesterday, 23:56
          • Karri
            Doom Patrol
            by Karri
            Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
            Yesterday, 23:55
          • Nikki
            Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
            by Nikki
            Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
            Yesterday, 23:03
          Working...
          X