Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump is fundamentally paranoid about Russia

From http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politi...sia/index.html

(A story that references the original Washington Post story)

Trump is literally so obsessed with his Presidential victory that he simply *cannot* believe Russia helped him.

"Trump's refusal to acknowledge that fact is, according to sources in the Post story, entirely attributable to the fact that he believes doing so would somehow invalidate or weaken his victory and his presidency.
    This paragraph -- up high in the Post story -- is a stunner:

The result is without obvious parallel in US history, a situation in which the personal insecurities of the president -- and his refusal to accept what even many in his administration regard as objective reality -- have impaired the government's response to a national security threat. The repercussions radiate across the government."
    And he's completely incompetent when it comes to dealing with anything related to Russia:

The ways in which Trump's insecurities have trickled down to how Russia is dealt with by his administration include, according to sources cited in the Post story:
    He hasn't convened a single Cabinet-level meeting to discuss Russia
    His Presidential Daily Briefing -- a sort of "where are we now" look at the US and the world -- often has Russia news written down but not delivered orally, for fear of angering him.
    Trump mistook Fiona Hill, a top Russia adviser at the National Security Council, for a secretary at a meeting. "Trump appeared to mistake Hill for a member of the clerical staff, handing her a memo he had marked up and instructing her to rewrite it," write the Post reporters.
    "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
    -The President of the United States of America.

Yeah that's why we helped foil a terrorist attack in Russia...

Information provided by the CIA helped Russian security services foil an attack on St Petersburg's Kazan cathedral, the Kremlin says.
    The attack was allegedly planned to take place on Saturday, officials say.
    In a phone call, President Vladimir Putin thanked Donald Trump for the CIA's intervention, the Kremlin said.
    Mr Putin told Mr Trump that Russia's special services would hand over information on terror threats to their US counterparts, it added.
    Russia's FSB security service said in a statement on Friday that it had detained seven members of a cell of Islamic State supporters and seized a significant amount of explosives, weapons and extremist literature.

The cell was planning to carry out a suicide attack at a religious institution and kill citizens on Saturday, the FSB statement said (in Russian).
    The group was preparing explosions targeting the cathedral and other public places in Russia's second city, the Kremlin statement said.
    It added that Mr Putin had asked the US president to pass on his thanks to the CIA director and the operatives involved.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42386258
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So.....

I'm confused.

Which one is it?

Did Trump collude with the Russians to win?

Or did the Russians do it on their own and Trump can't accept that he didn't succeed completely on his own?

I'm starting to think that the flavor of the day Libby theory is just circular reasoning.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Nonsense.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          So.....

I'm confused.

Which one is it?

Did Trump collude with the Russians to win?
          It can be both. He colluded with Russia in a variety of ways but

1) Doesn't understand why it's a problem

and

2) Doesn't want anyone else to get credit for it. I.e. Colluding with Russia was *his* idea, and when it starts to look like it was Putin's idea, or that it could have been a major contributor to his victory, then his victory is tainted.

Ultimately, rather than being remembered for winning, he'll be remembered for colluding. And that he probably wouldn't have won *without* colluding.

The guy has a personality problem. Big time. And it's the main reason why his administration is in a shambles.
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

The word "paranoia" has been so over-used that it has lost most of its meaning.

The Russians, for example, are not our friends, so being cautious is merely prudent, not "paranoid". But don't tell the mass media - they love those conspiracies. Kind of like this forum, come to think of it.

Personally, I think Trump is an opportunist who tries to make the best out of whatever situation presents itself. Nothing wrong with that.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Yes, there is when it is against the fundamental interests of the United States.

And that's the issue regarding Trump and the Russians.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Coming from someone who is fundamentally paranoid of Trump, I say

Comment

Why no protest about obama and the Logan Act?

Crime / Politics
                  Obama’s meddling in foreign affairs could be violation of Logan Act

By Kyle Eidson December 4th, 2017, 8:21 EST

Is Barack Obama violating the Logan Act which makes it a federal crime “for a citizen to confer with foreign governments against the interests of the United States?”
                  Is citizen Obama violating the “Logan act” when he lobbies foreign governments and world leaders against America’s current foreign policy?https://t.co/DFNXJQ83Ff
                  — MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) December 3, 2017
                  Obama met with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a visit to the two countries where he spoke at a number of summits. His trip came just weeks after President Trump’s first Eastern tour, and his predecessor almost certainly gave his unsolicited opinion on everything from Russian investigations to tax bills to a burning Middle East. Since leaving the White House in January, Obama has made it a point to engage in political debates facing the nation.
                  According to China’s state-run Xinhua news service, Xi told Obama that “China is ready to work with the U.S. to strengthen communication, exchanges and cooperation, so as to push for new development of bilateral relations.” He also briefed Obama on the major achievements of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China held in October. Obama thanked Xi for meeting with him and congratulated the Chinese President on China’s successes.

It is no coincidence that Mr. Obama’s meetings with Asian dignitaries came on the heels of President Trump’s. In July, Obama met with former and current South Korean Presidents Lee Myung-bak and Moon Jae-in respectively. Those meetings came just days after Moon had been to the White House. The Korean Herald reported that “President Moon Jae-in renewed his resolve to pursue sanctions and dialogue to tackle North Korea’s nuclear program during a meeting with former US President Barack Obama.”
                  The 44th U.S. President started his trip last Tuesday in Shanghai where he held private meetings and spoke at a trade summit.
                  It is customary for outgoing presidents to leave the world stage once their tenure as commander in chief ends. Obama, however, has failed to mind his own business following his departure from the Oval Office.

https://mediaequalizer.com/kyleeidso...n-of-logan-act

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Maybe because there is entire thread about that subject elsewhere?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Coming from someone who is fundamentally paranoid of Trump, I say

Then you say wrong-again.
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                        If Obama violated the Logan Act, he should be punished.

But, as we all know, it's not illegal for citizens to talk to heads of state.

So do you have any evidence that he tried to influence a head of state in opposition to the current policy or wishes of the current president of the United States?

Because that's what "senior members" of the Chump administration did....

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                          But, as we all know, it's not illegal for citizens to talk to heads of state.
                          Which means that Mueller's case has no legal basis.

Until inauguration, Private Citizens describes all of Trump's people, including himself.

But at least the FBI still has that Dossier that the Dems paid the Russian's to cook up for them.

Comment

How would you like to be in divorce settlement with one of these anti Trump types? If they were the female I bet every time they had sex with you they would say it was rape.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                              (A story that references the original Washington Post story)
                              Washington Post is fundamentally paranoid about Russia - not surprising, since it is staffed with Open Society hacks posing as journalists..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X