Jingle Bells is rascist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jingle Bells is rascist

“Jingle Bells,” one of the most well-known Christmas carols in the world, is now being called racist.
    A Boston University theater professor claims the Christmas carol has a “problematic history” because it was originally performed to make fun of African Americans.
    “The legacy of ‘Jingle Bells’ is one where its blackface and racist origins have been subtly and systematically removed from its history,” Kyna Hamill, a BU theater historian, wrote in her “Theatre Survey” research paper on the story of “Jingle Bells.”
    Although ‘One Horse Open Sleigh,’ for most of its singers and listeners, may have eluded its racialized past and taken its place in the seemingly unproblematic romanticization of a normal ‘white’ Christmas, attention to the circumstances of its performance history enables reflection on its problematic role in the construction of blackness and whiteness in the United States,” she wrote.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/15...ssor-says.html

Maybe we are taking this whole anti-racism theme a bit too far?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Absolute nonsense. It is getting very tiresome to either listen to or read about any ridiculous idea that some oddball professor has come up with in order to highlight himself.

In short, what a crock.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          I'm surprised they didn't go after the low hanging fruit first...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Next up, snow is racist because it is white.

Comment

Just another example of how getting a liberal arts degree makes you stupid...

Comment

Vanilla ice cream is racist to this moron. The stupidy of liberalism strikes again.

My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

What to do about our turds?

Originally posted by 82redleg View Post
                  Next up, snow is racist because it is white.

My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    I'm surprised they didn't go after the low hanging fruit first...

Of course White Christmas is racist: it was written by a Jew living in Southern California.

And for real bigotry, there's the whole premise behind Christmas: imagine goyim telling Jews who their king and Mosiach should be.

Now that I think about it, doesn't that make Irving Berlin a self hating double racist?
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

What's racist about Batman smelling, or Robin flying away ?
                      Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        Absolute nonsense. It is getting very tiresome to either listen to or read about any ridiculous idea that some oddball professor has come up with in order to highlight himself.

In short, what a crock.
                        Actually, its a she, and this is a Professor that teaches at Harvard.

A Ivy-League diploma is going to become a lame joke at this rate.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Actually, its a she, and this is a Professor that teaches at Harvard.

A Ivy-League diploma is going to become a lame joke at this rate.
                          She doesn't teach... She indoctrinates. And, if she's a Professor, I'm a Martian... and I know I'm not a Martian.

Oh, let's toss in she's a racist bigot that makes racist bigots on the Right look almost sane.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Oh, let's toss in she's a racist bigot that makes racist bigots on the Right look almost sane.
                            You can be sane and still be wrong.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              You can be sane and still be wrong.
                              Sure, they're both wrong. Only she makes the Right sound like they actually might have reasons behind their hatred as opposed to the insane hateful ramblings she's making.

Comment

Working...
                              X