After Weinstein: 43 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Weinstein: 43 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct

It's hard to keep track of all the sexual assault firings since Harvey Weinstein was canned a couple of months ago. Here is a list that will be updated periodically. For completeness, as of today add Tavis Smiley, for a total of 43.

While I didn't carefully check every person, I've identified only 5 conservatives/republicans on the list: Trent Franks, Danny Masterson, Wes Goodman, Tony Cornish, and Roy Price. The other 38 appear to be liberals/democrats. I'll just note that the probability of getting 5 heads in 43 coin tosses is one in nine million.

If I find the time, I will more carefully research the political affiliation of the people on the list.

===Edited 12/16 00:32 EST===
    The list is up to 45! I've done more research and posted links where I could find confirming evidence of political/party affiliation. 29 confirmed Liberal/Democrats, 6 confirmed Conservative/Republicans, 10 I could find no hard evidence. 29 Democrats out of 35 for sure, or less than one in 20 thousand odds.

Morgan Spurlock Democrat
    Mario Batali Democrat
    Ryan Lizza Democrat
    Trent Franks Republican
    Lorin Stein Democrat
    Danny Masterson Republican
    Matt Dababneh Democrat
    Israel Horovitz ??
    Justin Huff ??
    Garrison Keillor Democrat
    Matt Lauer Democrat
    Johnny Iuzzini ???
    Charlie Rose Democrat
    John Conyers Jr. Democrat
    Russel Simmons Democrat
    Al Franken Democrat
    David Sweeney Democrat
    Stephen Bittel Democrat
    Wes Goodman Republican
    Steve Jurvetson Democrat
    Tony Cornish Republican
    Eddie Berganza ??
    Andrew Kreisberg Democrat
    Louis C.K. Democrat
    Dan Schoen Democrat
    Benjamin Genocchio ??
    David Guillod ??
    Andy Dick Democrat
    Michael Oreskes Democrat
    Hamilton Fish Democrat
    Kevin Spacey Democrat
    Raul Bocanegra Democrat
    Mark Halperin Democrat
    Rick Najera Democrat
    Knight Landesman Democrat
    Leon Wieseltier Democrat
    Terry Richardson ??
    John Besh ??
    Lockhart Steele Democrat
    Robert ScobleDemocrat
    Cliff Hite Republican
    Chris Savino ??
    Roy Price Republican
    Andy Signore ??
    Harvey Weinstein Democrat
    Last edited by Work_permit; 15 Dec 17, 23:32.

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
    I

While I didn't carefully check every person, I've identified only 5 conservatives/republicans on the list: Trent Franks, Danny Masterson, Wes Goodman, Tony Cornish, and Roy Price. The other 38 appear to be liberals/democrats.

t.
    On the Republican / Conservative side you could add President Trump and Roy Moore.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
      On the Republican / Conservative side you could add President Trump and Roy Moore.
      The New York Times list is for peole who “have since been fired or forced to resign after accusations of sexual misconduct”. Neither Trump nor Moore fit that definition.

Comment

Well, it is no surprise that the vast majority are Dems, not after that party became known for sheltering perverts during the Clinton years.

However, i am starting to wonder if all of this has already gone too far.

Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on claims like this?

Comment

#44 Stephen Henderson

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Stephen Henderson was terminated from the Detroit Free Press on Friday after the newspaper’s editor said an internal investigation found inappropriate behavior toward female colleagues stretching back several years.
          The Freep is the "pro-Democrat" paper in Detroit.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ted/108636298/

This is getting beyond absurd. Mcarthyism is beginning to look tame by comparison. Think of the example that the U.S. is setting by being the most progressive [non political use of word] women's rights nation in the world. This could prevent a greater movement toward women's rights in many nations. When does too much become too much?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
            #44 Stephen Henderson

The Freep is the "pro-Democrat" paper in Detroit.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ted/108636298/

Tuebor
            Thanks for the link. Adding Henderson would make it 30 Dems vrs 6 Reps.

Comment

I feel the greatest issue is how many if not all of the men in the OPs link were at one time, or are married.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

It could be there are more notable registered democrats(and some of the folks in the OP are not politicians but actors and other celebrities) accused of sexual misconduct compared to that of notable registered Republicans.

In addition its important to treat sexual assault allegations seriously... its one thing to be fair and to hear out each side, but a sexual assault allegation ought be taken seriously.

Republicans Are Less Likely Than Democrats to Believe Women Who Make Sexual Assault Accusations: Survey

http://time.com/5049665/republicans-...ations-survey/

Democrats were quick to criticize Al Franklens misbehavior for example, but some Republicans(not all) in Alabama did not do the same for the misbehavior of Roy Moore.

George S Patton

Comment

Could one reason have been that Al Franken actually had photographic evidence of his behavior pattern....while Roy Moore only had some accusers from 30 years ago who's stories were quite interesting if wholly unproveable.....
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Could one reason have been that Al Franken actually had photographic evidence of his behavior pattern....while Roy Moore only had some accusers from 30 years ago who's stories were quite interesting if wholly unproveable.....

FACTS, ahhhhhh. No not facts.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Never thought America would relive the Salem Witch Trials, but that is exactly what is going on right before our eyes,with the McCarthy Communism hearings for added flavor.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Fwiw it was not a liberal or democratic ploy which lost Roy Moore Alabama. Wrt Roy Moore it has been leading GOP members saying we dont want Roy Moore due to the poor character of Moore.

The sexual misconduct issue in the USA has blown up after Trump became POTUS, so had the issue with standing for the national anthem, among other issues.

At least 21 women, perhaps all fellow Americans, have accused Donald Trump of sexual misconduct.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0162c043a7212

Obama and GWB were men of character, standing by the ideal of marriage as so many men and women of Christian history have. GWB and Obama simply put, did not have the type of sexual allegations thrown against them as Trump has. Otoh Bill Clinton is comparable to Trump but that does not change anything for pro Trump folks whom have to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations from American women. We are talking about fellow American citizens here, both Trump and those accusing Trump that is. Time will tell how this issue plays out wrt the various sexual assualt and sexual misconduct allegations surrounding various leading politicians and celebrities in the USA.
                        Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 16 Dec 17, 22:47.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Well, it is no surprise that the vast majority are Dems, not after that party became known for sheltering perverts during the Clinton years.

However, i am starting to wonder if all of this has already gone too far.

Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on claims like this?
                          Maybe Dems get caught more or Republicans hide them better.
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                            It could be there are more notable registered democrats(and some of the folks in the OP are not politicians but actors and other celebrities) accused of sexual misconduct compared to that of notable registered Republicans.
                            Of the 10 politicians, 6 are democrat, 4 are republican. Pretty even odds.

Of the remaining, 23 are democrat and 2 are republican. The vast majority of those people are in the media.

You may be right. Maybe the odds are skewed because the vast majority of people in the media are democrats/liberals.

Comment

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but how many of these accusations have been proven in a court of law?
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X