Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge: Doctor lacking computer skills can't regain license

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Judge: Doctor lacking computer skills can't regain license

    an interesting story. Not sure what the answer is on this one.

    CONCORD, N.H. A New Hampshire judge has upheld his decision to deny an 84-year-old doctor's request to regain her license to practice, which she had surrendered partly over her inability to use a computer.
    The state challenged Dr. Anna Konopka's record keeping, prescribing practices and medical decision making. It said her limited computer skills prevent her from using the state's mandatory electronic drug monitoring program, which requires prescribers of opioids to register in an effort reduce overdoses.
    Judge John Kissinger ruled last month that Konopka failed to show she was forced to give up her license as she alleged.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...cid=spartandhp

  • #2
    Been to see a Doctor lately?
    All they do is sit there tapping away at the keyboard, entering every bit of info they can get from you and occasionally looking at you as you answer their questions. That went on that way for an hour the last time I went in for an annual checkup, and then we were out of time.
    Yes, the sessions are timed, and then it is on to the next $$$-maker.

    What used to take 20 minutes now takes triple that amount of time and is far less productive. I got more out of the 15 minutes with the tech that took my vitals before hand.

    I guess it must be awkward for the bean-counters to deal with people instead of machines, so the computers are now more important than we are.
    ... as if there was any doubt.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

    -Captain Jack

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Been to see a Doctor lately?
      All they do is sit there tapping away at the keyboard, entering every bit of info they can get from you and occasionally looking at you as you answer their questions. That went on that way for an hour the last time I went in for an annual checkup, and then we were out of time.
      Yes, the sessions are timed, and then it is on to the next $$$-maker.

      What used to take 20 minutes now takes triple that amount of time and is far less productive. I got more out of the 15 minutes with the tech that took my vitals before hand.

      I guess it must be awkward for the bean-counters to deal with people instead of machines, so the computers are now more important than we are.
      ... as if there was any doubt.
      yeah I have and your right

      but on the other hand I did like that he was able to pull up pictures of my surgery and show what he did on the screen. Tech is a double edge sword

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by craven View Post
        yeah I have and your right

        but on the other hand I did like that he was able to pull up pictures of my surgery and show what he did on the screen. Tech is a double edge sword
        When was the last time a doctor looked into your ears, listen to your heart and lungs, asked you the follow his finger with your eyes, tap your elbows and knees with that little hammer, stick a tongue depressor in your mouth and looked down your throat, or grab you by the nuts and asked you to cough?
        Last edited by Salinator; 14 Dec 17, 14:15.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

        Prayers.

        BoRG

        http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          When was the last time a doctor looked into your ears, listen to your heart and lungs, asked you the follow his finger with your eyes, tape you elbows and knees with that little hammer, stick a tongue depressor in your mouth and looked down your throat, or grab you by the nuts and asked you to cough?
          Those are PA's duties.

          Those computerized drug tracking systems are a Godspend. They are having a serious impact on 'MD hunting' by painkiller addicts, and also in locating MDs who are selling scripts.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            When was the last time a doctor looked into your ears, listen to your heart and lungs, asked you the follow his finger with your eyes, tape you elbows and knees with that little hammer, stick a tongue depressor in your mouth and looked down your throat, or grab you by the nuts and asked you to cough?
            oh not that long ago

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by craven View Post
              oh not that long ago
              No me, in 20 of so years, the only time I had a stethoscope used on me was when I went to the hospital for a lung infection. Only time I got ear looked at was when I complained about hearing difficulties. The only time I got that hammer treatment was when I pinched a couple of nerves in my neck. Having seen a tongue depressor since I was a kid.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                No me, in 20 of so years, the only time I had a stethoscope used on me was when I went to the hospital for a lung infection. Only time I got ear looked at was when I complained about hearing difficulties. The only time I got that hammer treatment was when I pinched a couple of nerves in my neck. Having seen a tongue depressor since I was a kid.
                my dad physical was like that also. except they did check heart and did some movement checks he 79 now days


                I was assuming it is the way they do OLD peoples physicals.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Those are PA's duties.
                  Nope. The PA is busy seeing patients of his own, and they don't train PA's to do that anymore, anyway. It's all about speed and money these days.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                    When was the last time a doctor looked into your ears, listen to your heart and lungs, asked you the follow his finger with your eyes, tape you elbows and knees with that little hammer, stick a tongue depressor in your mouth and looked down your throat, or grab you by the nuts and asked you to cough?
                    For me....15 years ago when I retired.

                    My son on the other hand has that done by the doctors every time he goes up to Walter Reed for a check up.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I get the full checkup every six months. I'd be kinda concerned about how well an 84 year old doctor has kept up with the latest developments.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        When was the last time a doctor looked into your ears, listen to your heart and lungs, asked you the follow his finger with your eyes, tap your elbows and knees with that little hammer, stick a tongue depressor in your mouth and looked down your throat, or grab you by the nuts and asked you to cough?
                        Just a few months back I had a physical. I plan to get one a year.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                        George S Patton

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anyone over 40, don't forget your annual FUB exam.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                            Anyone over 40, don't forget your annual FUB exam.
                            That's 50, or did you have Dr. Nasser?

                            Tuebor

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why can't the Doctor in the OP hire a computer savvy bookkeeper to type up her prescriptions and diagnoses?

                              Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                              Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                              by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X