Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Friday after Thanksgiving Madhouse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Friday after Thanksgiving Madhouse!

The stupidity level of the frenzied shopper continues to reach new heights of insanity. (Drudge headlines as of 6:30AM Friday.)

SEASON'S BEATINGS: Shoppers punch and kick; Baby hit with shoe...
    One shot outside mall, brawls shut another...
    Chaos goes global...

$20 BILLION BLACK FRIDAY FRENZY!

Just what is so attractive of the originally overpriced junk these morons are fighting over? (safe bet those big screen TVs will have cracked screens for sure.)
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Especially when you get better deals on the Net.

I won't even go into town today. It's crazy.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Stupid people doing stupid things as usual. We're staying home today (well, I do have to go to the bank to cash a check), avoiding the asshattery, and putting up Christmas decorations. Nice and quiet and calm and sane. The way I like it.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I'm surprised due to political correctness it is allowed to be called black Friday.

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
        The stupidity level of the frenzied shopper continues to reach new heights of insanity. (Drudge headlines as of 6:30AM Friday.)

SEASON'S BEATINGS: Shoppers punch and kick; Baby hit with shoe...
        Chaos goes global...

$20 BILLION BLACK FRIDAY FRENZY!

Just what is so attractive of the originally overpriced junk these morons are fighting over? (safe bet those big screen TVs will have cracked screens for sure.)
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

It seems to be the new way to burn calories and lose all the weight gain from a hearty Thanksgiving meal.

Comment

must...
            buy...

Comment

Spending the day home today, laughing at the lemmings.
              Only in America is shopping a contact sport.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Spending the day home today, laughing at the lemmings.
                Only in America is shopping a contact sport.
                As it continues in selected locations around the country, mostly those Progressives Paradises. (Drudge Headlines this morning.)
                SEASON'S BEATINGS: Shoppers punch, kick, scream; Baby hit with shoe...
                BLACK FRIDAY SMACKDOWN: Men squabble over toy car...
                And the chaos goes global...
                Customers wear employee uniforms to sneak in to stores!
                Facial recognition tracking EVERYWHERE; Santa sees everything...
                Cyber Monday forecast to be largest shopping day in history...
                Credit card problems plague MACY'S...
                AMAZON workers strike...

READY TO RUMBLE!

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  I'm surprised due to political correctness it is allowed to be called black Friday.
                  I used to think it was a play on the day the Great Depression started. What it actually means is that the retailers want us to think they have been "in the red" all year, operating at a lose.
                  They don't go into the plus side of the yearly equation (written in black ink on the charts) until that day.... suddenly, magically, and if they miss this one month they have to close up shop.

Myth-making 101.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    I used to think it was a play on the day the Great Depression started. What it actually means is that the retailers want us to think they have been "in the red" all year, operating at a lose.
                    They don't go into the plus side of the yearly equation (written in black ink on the charts) until that day.... suddenly, magically, and if they miss this one month they have to close up shop.

Myth-making 101.
                    Interesting; I didn't know that.

I can't rep you so soon.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Myth-making 101.
                      It is not a complete myth. Department store chains such as Macy's have many stores that do operate at a loss until the Holiday shopping season. Out of all the stores of the Macy's California Division, the only one that pulls it's weight for most of the year is Macy's Union Square in San Francisco. Even then it operates in the red from Dec 26 until tax return season. When the Loma Prieta Earthquake damaged the flagship store on Oct 17 1989, all necessary resources and personnel from the entire division as well as other divisions such as Macy's New York Division were sent to San Francisco. They got the store reopened by the afternoon of the second day after the quake, and within a week, one would never have known that the store had suffered any damage at all, if they were not there to have seen the aftermath of the disaster immediately afterwards.

One store keeps the entire division alive and the profits are truly made as a group effort during the Holiday shopping season.
                      Last edited by Salinator; 25 Nov 17, 22:19.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X