Politics and Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics and Religion

I wonder how this 'pastor' reconciles a sexual predator with his religion.

This guy is a hypocrite and by supporting Moore, he supports what Moore does.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Talk about world class spin
    One Alabama pastor excused sexual harassment allegations against Moore by saying that "some 14-year-olds... could pass for 20."
    . I wonder if he would be saying the same thing if it was his 14 year old daughter?
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Well, he might be taking the Bible seriously: 'hate the sin, not the sinner'.

Although being an American, he might believe in innocence until proven guilty in a court of law.

Or he might not be suffering from a raging obsession with all things Trump...
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
        Talk about world class spin . I wonder if he would be saying the same thing if it was his 14 year old daughter?
        Oh that's nothing Mario. The Alabama state auditor excused Moore by citing that Mary was underage when she gave birth to Jesus
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.840a2c63a4be

There must be something wrong with the water down there ...

Comment

^ Aren't these the same clowns always bitching that Mohammed was a pedophile?
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
            Oh that's nothing Mario. The Alabama state auditor excused Moore by citing that Mary was underage when she gave birth to Jesus
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.840a2c63a4be

There must be something wrong with the water down there ...
            Would that be the water from the Massena River?

Comment

Moore has been found guilty in a court of law? Or just the court of facebook?

Comment

Court of Facebook.

Watching all of these otherwise perfectly reasonable people just nosedive into the libby-media spinstorm and lynch mob is honestly sad.

2017! The year that suddenly EVERYBODY with tits was sexually assaulted.........
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

, especially if the person thinks the little voices in his head come from his god.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                    Moore has been found guilty in a court of law? Or just the court of facebook?
                    This is not related to what the pastor tries to do here, which is to find excuses for flirting with a 14 years old in an obvious attempt to defend Moore. As for the court of law, neither Moore nor Franken will be found guilty in a court of law.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      ^ Aren't these the same clowns always bitching that Mohammed was a pedophile?
                      Mohammed wasn't a Republican.

Comment

We don't know what Moore did or didn't do, so it's unfair to imply that people in this story are supporting sexual misconduct.

It's different for Al Frankenstein and the army of sex perverts on the left.
                        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                          We don't know what Moore did or didn't do, so it's unfair to imply that people in this story are supporting sexual misconduct.

Strawman...

When people say that some 14 years old who look like they are 20 or invoke the relationship between Joseph and Mary, it is obvious that they try to make excuses for having grown men flirting with high-school and middle-school girls. This has nothing to do with what Moore or Franken have said up so far about their behavior. This is about giving support to Moore by arguing that even if he went with a 14 years old, it is not that bad...
                          Last edited by pamak; 21 Nov 17, 19:19.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

An interesting article about the implications of the Evangelical reaction to candidates who commit immoral acts

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...e-on-morality/

excerpts

The Public Religion Research Institute asked a large random sample of Americans a blunt question: “Do you think an elected official who commits an immoral act in their private life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties in their public and professional life?

The breakdown along religious lines is instructive. Americans without any religious affiliation haven’t shifted much—63 percent in 2011, 60 percent today. Catholic acceptance of politicians’ personal misconduct has increased from 42 to 58 percent. White mainline Protestant support is up by 22 points, from 38 to 60 percent.

These large shifts are dwarfed, however, by the change among white evangelicals. In 2011, only 30 percent believed that personal immorality was consistent with an ethical performance of official duties. Today, 72 percent of white evangelicals—up an astounding 42 points–believe that the two can go together.

What could have happened to so alter the sentiments of white evangelicals on matters so central to their understanding of the relation between morality, faith, and public life? I can think of only one credible answer: the candidacy of Donald Trump, whose new-found positions on religious liberty, abortion, and the Supreme Court have moved evangelicals to set aside, perhaps only temporarily, their long-held views on the moral and spiritual prerequisites for political office.
                            One thing is clear: Now that evangelicals have crossed this bridge, they will not be credible if, in some future election, they try to cross back and return to the status quo ante of inviolable principles backed by stern anathemas for dissenters. Henceforth they are in the same boat with the rest of us, judging each individual as an ensemble of good and bad traits. They have forfeited the standing to regard as morally defective those who disagree with their conclusions.
                            The last quote says it all, and reveals the real damage that the evangelical movement will suffer in the long-run as a result of their desperate attempt to gain short-term political advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Nothing like a double standard. Well done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X