• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mueller subpoenas Trump campaign for Russia-related documents

Mueller subpoenas Trump campaign for Russia-related documents, source says

from

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...port-says.html

Excerpts

he source described the subpoena to Fox as a "cleanup operation" aimed at collecting any missing information and ensuring that Mueller had the same documents as the three congressional committees conducting their own investigations.

Separately, the top Republican and Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee said earlier Thursday that White House Senior Adviser Jared Kushner -- President Trump's son-in-law -- hasn't been fully forthcoming with the panel's probe into Russian election interference, asking him to provide emails sent to him involving WikiLeaks and a "Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite."

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., sent a letter to Kushner's lawyer saying the collection of documents he has provided the committee is "incomplete." The committee gave Kushner a Nov. 27 deadline to provide the additional documents, including the emails and Kushner's security clearance form that originally omitted certain contacts with Russian officials.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

and here is the Senate letter mentioned in the previous post

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...ner-letter.pdf

excerpts

Missing Documents
    It appears that your search may have overlooked several documents. For example, you limited your production in response to our second request in manner that eliminates communications about the individuals identified in that request. 1 If, as you suggest, Mr. Kushner was unaware of, for example, any attempts at Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, then there would few communications conceming many ofthe persons identified in our second request, and the burden of searching would small.

1 The Committee requested communications to, from, or copied to you relating to" certain individuals, but you stated that you "found communications in which these individuals also appear in the to, from, or to lines of the communications."

In addition, there are several documents that are known to exist but were not included in your production. For example, other parties have produced September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner conceming WikiLeaks, which Kushner then forwarded to anothercampaignofficial. Suchdocumentsshouldhavebeenproducedinresponsetothe third request but were not. Likewise, other parties have produced documents conceming "Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite" which Mr. Kushner also forwarded. And still others have produced communications with Sergei Millian, copied to Mr. Kushner. Again, these do not appear in Mr. Kushner's production despite being responsive to the second request. You also have not produced any phone records that we presume exist and would relate to Mr. Kushner's communications regarding several requests.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Looks like more of Trump's associates are going to be in trouble...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politi...sia/index.html
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        Looks like more of Trump's associates are going to be in trouble...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politi...sia/index.html
        and family members...

Comment

And more:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

This one is also interesting:

Comment

Kushner is in serious trouble...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politi...act/index.html

Excerpts

Kushner testified he did not recall any campaign WikiLeaks contact

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner told congressional Russia investigators that he did not communicate with WikiLeaks and did not recall anyone on the Trump campaign who had, a source with knowledge of his testimony told CNN.

But Kushner did receive and forward an email from Donald Trump Jr. about contact Trump Jr. had with WikiLeaks, according to a new report this week and a letter from the Senate Judiciary Committee.

In a statement Friday night, Kushner attorney Abbe Lowell said the committee had asked "a classic gotcha question.

"Mr. Kushner was asked if he had contacts with Wikileaks, Guccifer or DC Leaks and said no. He also said he did not know of such contacts by the campaign. From all I have now seen, his statement was accurate then as it is now. In over 6 hours of voluntary testimony, Mr Kushner answered all questions put to him and demonstrated that there had been no collusion between the campaign and Russia."

Comment

I really hate lawyers.

But she does have a point. I would want to hear the specific wording of the questions asked. Because it's entirely possible that he forwarded an email about someone else contacting someone who contacted someone, but at the same time he never had contact with any of those people.

Kind of like the classic question "So, are you going to stop beating your wife"..... Or more specifically like a cop accusing you of conspiring to rob a store because you happened to know one of the parties and happened to know that he might have spoken with one of the other parties, but you weren't involved and didn't know what was talked about.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I wonder if our government is ever going to go back to work for the salaries we pay them, or just sit around from now on investigating each other?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

More on the White House and the Mueller investigation:

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I wonder if our government is ever going to go back to work for the salaries we pay them, or just sit around from now on investigating each other?
                      You might want to recall that Mueller was appointed by the current Department of Justice after Trump was inaugurated.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Doing investigations is part of their job. The Congress has oversight responsibilities and the duty to police their own ranks. And Mueller's investigation is separate from the three Congressional committees.

If the Trump administration would do its job, which it isn't, then there would be no need for Congress to investigate the administration.

Comment

Better that (investigating each other) than finding new ways to waste taxpayer money.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Better that (investigating each other) than finding new ways to waste taxpayer money.
                              you mean like below. Overall I am not sure where I am with this one as protecting the office is important but dam it Trump can afford his own lawyers

Taxpayers are footing the legal bill*for at least 10 Justice Department lawyers and paralegals to work on*lawsuits related to President Trump's private businesses.
                              Neither the White House*nor the Justice Department will say how much it is costing taxpayers, but federal payroll records show the salaries of the government lawyers assigned to the cases range from about $133,000 to $185,000.
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...its/848354001/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X