U.S. to lift ban on elephant trophy imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. to lift ban on elephant trophy imports

The Trump administration will allow American hunters to import elephant trophies to the US, reversing an Obama-era 2014 ban, US media report.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42005819

Is that the tail of an elephant Donald Trump's son is holding? Does he want to take it home and mount it on his wall as a "trophy"? Why would anyone want to do that? Does it reflect some kind of credit or admiration on a person who would do that?

To those of you who believe hunting and killing animals to be a "sport".

Every "sport" I consider worthy of the name involves skill - usually a great deal of skill.

Where is the skill in shooting an elephant?

Honest question.

Philip
    Last edited by PhilipLaos; 16 Nov 17, 22:02.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

This is wrong, ethically and morally.

And that neatly sums up Trump and his family.

It is interesting to note that Trump himself finally made it to Vietnam 50 years too late. I wonder if his foot still hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
      http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42005819

Is that the tail of an elephant he is holding? Does he want to take it home and mount it on his wall as a "trophy"? Why would anyone want to do that? What does it show?

To those of you who believe hunting and killing animals to be a "sport".

Every "sport" I consider worthy of the name involves skill - usually a great deal of skill.

Where is the skill in shooting an elephant?

Honest question.

Philip
      Elephant is considered the most dangerous "big game" to hunt.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

That's good.

The local nations get a lot of money for exotic hunting, and they need it.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          That's good.

Actually, they will lose all money with such practices. Without elephants, they lose one more incentive to have travelers come to their place. And you may find it unbelievable, but most people actually go there to observe the wild life...

But hey, we are talking to a crowd which care only about how to make as much money as it is possible right now without thinking of the long-tern consequences.If it is profitable in the short term to destroy the environment, thee is no problem. The same attitude we see with environmental regulations and global warming really...
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Thomas Jefferson had a whole wall of animal trophies at Monticello. I think it's badass, and would like some of my own.
            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

The picture is really classy .
              He is for sure a big badass for hunting such a dangerous and invasive animal with the help of a gun.
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                He is for sure a big badass for hunting such a dangerous and invasive animal with the help of a gun.
                I do not approve of sport hunting. But Elephant hunting is dangerous. If you do not have a barricade and fail to kill the elephant with first shot, you stand to be charged and skewered by an array of tusks or trampled by the herd.

Hunting by modern day humans are always skewered in favor of man, but seriously, more people have died hunting elephants than any other animal. Rhinoceros is second, followed by Hippopotamus at third place.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  That's good.

They also have only a limited area for Parkland. Civilization comes at a price, after all.
                  If the Hunters aren't paying from 40-75 thousand dollars to bag an Elephant, the Government will have to pay for a shooter and a helicopter to go out there and "crop" the Elephant herds.
                  Or the could just leave it to the Poachers, I guess... and without the money to fight them, that is exactly what happens.

Yeah yeah, I know that isn't what this is all about. Somebody found a photo of a Trump on Safari, and it's time to break out the angst and the Propaganda and go all out to vent all the hostility for a little political gain.

Seriously... what is with you people?
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Or is it simply that this pic is so disgusting that you can change his mug for Obama's mug ,you will still have a disgusting image of a guy killing one of the beauty of nature and holding its tail just like it was going to make him respectable.
                    A ******* remains a *******.
                    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      I do not approve of sport hunting. But Elephant hunting is dangerous. If you do not have a barricade and fail to kill the elephant with first shot, you stand to be charged and skewered by an array of tusks or trampled by the herd.

Hunting by modern day humans are always skewered in favor of man, but seriously, more people have died hunting elephants than any other animal. Rhinoceros is second, followed by Hippopotamus at third place.
                      The easiest way to avoid the dangers of elephant hunting is not to hunt elephant..

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                        The easiest way to avoid the dangers of elephant hunting is not to hunt elephant..
                        That is a given. As I said, I do not support sport hunting. In fact, you should know better than most that I am an animal activist. That said, the allure to those that do hunt elephant is that it is indeed a challenge TO THEM. Elephants are extremely intelligent and will charge rather than flee. There is no other land creature on earth that can deliver the weight of assault that a single individual adult bull elephant can, let alone an entire family or a collective herd.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                          Actually, they will lose all money with such practices. Without elephants, they lose one more incentive to have travelers come to their place. And you may find it unbelievable, but most people actually go there to observe the wild life...

But hey, we are talking to a crowd which care only about how to make as much money as it is possible right now without thinking of the long-tern consequences.If it is profitable in the short term to destroy the environment, thee is no problem. The same attitude we see with environmental regulations and global warming really...
                          You liberals do realize that they regulate the hunting, right? It's not a free for all. The state tells you what is allowed and regulates so that the population can grow. Trophy hunters don't just wander in and kill willy nilly and the money collected goes in part to keeping out the poachers who ARE the actual danger.

Do your homework, liberals. Know the facts first, then open your mouths.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                            I get tired of the usual virtue signalling. "Look at me! See how good I am! I care!"

We don't.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                              I get tired of the usual virtue signalling. "Look at me! See how good I am! I care!"

We don't.

The only signalling in this story comes from POS like the one in the picture

"Look at me! See how tough I am! I killed an elephant!"

As for how much you care about virtue, I will remind you what you said here next time I catch you making comments in Moore's thread...
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X