Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I still read NYT (related to the Evangelicals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I still read NYT (related to the Evangelicals)

Because it still challenges its readers by inviting dissenting opinion writers

Here is an example which actually makes many good points about the bias of the left against the evangelicals. I do not agree 100% with the authors' views, but I certainly agree with most of what he says. I post it because it has become relevant after the recent with Moore and the evangelicals who want to support him (and no, I do not imply that I support their position).

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/o...tolerance.html

A Confession of Liberal Intolerance

WE progressives believe in diversity, and we want women, blacks, Latinos, gays and Muslims at the table — er, so long as they aren’t conservatives.

Universities are the bedrock of progressive values, but the one kind of diversity that universities disregard is ideological and religious. We’re fine with people who don’t look like us, as long as they think like us.

O.K., that’s a little harsh. But consider George Yancey, a sociologist who is black and evangelical.

“Outside of academia I faced more problems as a black,” he told me. “But inside academia I face more problems as a Christian, and it is not even close...”
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X