Mass shooting in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bow View Post
    This was all in a 40 day period....how many killed country wide last year (2016)...Over 40,000.....how many real life terrorists, excluding the home grown ones, 5 or 6.???.....Great way to run the circus....
    40,000 "killed" by guns?
    Obviously you are including suicides in order to mislead and support your point.
    Per the FBI, as of 2013 the total number of gun related murders was 8,454.
    4 years prior it was over 9000.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls

In other words, it is dropping despite greatly increased levels of gun ownership in this country.

I'm sorry, but guns do not cause suicides. Suicide is a choice made by the individual and is not caused by gun ownership.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

It did not last even one day : Chelsea Handler said that the Republicans were responsible .

Who was talking about cheap points ?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        You should sell tourist rides inside the jungle of your mind.

It's better than a safari

No, really, just you.
        I could sell iglos to Inouits and Fata Morganas to the Bedouins .

You don't know to what people are capable,if they have the occasion to do it : think on all those decent fathers who, when they have the occasion, are abusing their children .

Expect always the worst and the worst will still have to come .

About the murderer : there was only one chance to prevent him of murdering 26 people : if he was still in prison,but sadly enough, he was liberated after one year .

The responsibles are not the Republicans, but the Crime Lobby .

Comment

From people whom actually knew him:
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-atheism.html

As usual you gotta go out of the country to get any real info on America.

Comment

Everything that has a negative end result can be blamed on the liberals.

This was all in a 40 day period....how many killed country wide last year (2016)...Over 40,000.....how many real life terrorists, excluding the home grown ones, 5 or 6.???.....Great way to run the circus....
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Sad day for the US......You guys dont need ISIS killing you off, you are to busy killing your own........59 a month ago, 25 today.......hell of a way for a so called civilized country.....
              Like in the USA, in Canada there are violent crimes as well as homelessness(IE in Toronto). Both Canada and the US have some improvements to make.

Most Canadian and American people are good people though. Any Canadians or Americans whom go after minority groups for the crimes of individual minorities are in no way representative of the average American. So anyone out there going after all white Christians or all immigrant Muslims because of the crimes of a few are in no way representative of the average American...otherwise my country would be in constant chaos.

I have spoken with real LE officers and they are for common sense gun laws and they are about equality among man. As anyone on the internet can claim to be a LE officer to get internet credit, its a real sickness. Anyone online who claims to be a LE officer in the USA but whom speaks out against minorities or against common sense gun laws should be viewed as a con artist. And Im not picking on anyone here, Im merely pointing out the fact that there are people on internet forms who claim to be LE or military but in reality are neither. I want to re assure you that regardless of what a few nutcases on the internet say, that most Americans like Canadians, are good people.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                Reading problems ?

WHERE did I say that he should have targeted Muslims ? I only asked WHY he did not target Muslims .
                Thats an odd question to ask, why ask it?

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                  From people whom actually knew him:
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-atheism.html

As usual you gotta go out of the country to get any real info on America.
                  So another god hating atheist.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                    Reagan may have cut off funding in California for mental hospitals...you do know he's just the Governor, not the King of the state right? It takes a legislature to go along with him to cut funding. But, the nationwide movement to close them didn't start until he was President, or at least didn't go into full swing closures until he was President.

Says the person who tried to score political points by bringing up Reagan to begin with.

Medical doctors are not psychologists. Different animal. In my experience, most college professors ARE liberals.
                    I gave a very detailed explanation of what happened and how. Did you read it?

Here it is again...
                    I also talk about the "liberals" you mention...

It was the economic recession in the 70's which convinced the public and local governments to cut costs, and this was the reason behind the mental health reforms that took place in the 1970's. This does not mean that reforms were not necessary. There were certainly abuses which, by the way, most often involved the relatives of the patients who had motives to exploit them by invoking severe mental illness. Still, the advocates of "patients' rights" who DID exist and were coming from the civil rights tradition of the 1960's were not pushing for the type of reform that started in the 1970's which basically threw the mentally ill patients under the bus!
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                      Thats an odd question to ask, why ask it?
                      Immediately it was insinuated that he had political motives,and I asked : why did he not go to a mosque ?

Comment

• Are they calling it a hate crime now? Nope?
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• from

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/06/news...-15/index.html

The man identified by law enforcement sources as the gunman in Texas, Devin Patrick Kelley, bought the rifle from a sporting goods store in San Antonio in April 2016, a law enforcement official told CNN.
                          When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have any disqualifying criminal history, the official said.

Governor Greg Abbott said the gunman tried to get a license to carry in Texas but was denied.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• So in other words, law worked as intended, he was denied a gun license, so that means he was gun-controlled.

But as we can see clearly here, no law could prevent him from obtaining a gun by whatever means available.

If a person's heart is set to kill somebody, there's no law that will stop him in his tracks.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              Immediately it was insinuated that he had political motives,
                              When these type of attacks occur all sorts of people provide their opinion. Conspiracy theories often pop up before and even after an offical ruling or motive is determined by a proper group.

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              and I asked : why did he not go to a mosque ?
                              Why ask such a question though? Regardless of whom reported anything we can all think for ourselves. What we know is that a 26 year old American killed 20+ at a Texas Church and wounded 20 more.

I suppose you might ask why the shooter did not attack a black majority church, I dont get your point thats all. I suppose your saying that based on some report in the media about the shooters personalty, that the shooter was anti Muslim and your surprised the shooter did not attack a Mosque?

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                                So in other words, law worked as intended, he was denied a gun license, so that means he was gun-controlled.

But as we can see clearly here, no law could prevent him from obtaining a gun by whatever means available.

If a person's heart is set to kill somebody, there's no law that will stop him in his tracks.
                                Law worked as intended?

Is the law designed in Texas in such a way that people who are denied licence can still buy guns from sporting good stores?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X