No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day for the US......You guys dont need ISIS killing you off, you are to busy killing your own........59 a month ago, 25 today.......hell of a way for a so called civilized country.....

Comment

Who claims the US is civilized?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Who claims the US is civilized?

Pruitt
        We're a nation created by zealots, thieves, outcasts, criminals, smugglers, cowards and general miscreants. Civilized behavior is not our forte.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
          Sad day for the US......You guys dont need ISIS killing you off, you are to busy killing your own........59 a month ago, 25 today.......hell of a way for a so called civilized country.....
          So the mentally ill are not civilized? Are you suggesting they are subn-human somehow?

And you are judging an entire nation by the acts of two people?

Back on th IL for you. I have no time for racist chatter.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Back in the 60s and 70s it was easier to spark public outrage.Once the case law started rolling in there were no other options. I was around back then, and shortly thereafter I began thirty years of dealing with the mentally ill.

It was the economic recession in the 70's which convinced the public and local governments to cut costs, and this was the reason behind the mental health reforms that took place in the 1970's. This does not mean that reforms were not necessary. There were certainly abuses which, by the way, most often involved the relatives of the patients who had motives to exploit them by invoking severe mental illness. Still, the advocates of "patients' rights" who DID exist and were coming from the civil rights tradition of the 1960's were not pushing for the type of reform that started in the 1970's which basically threw the mentally ill patients under the bus!
            Last edited by pamak; 05 Nov 17, 22:53.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              Dealing with the mentally ill as a caretaker is consistently rated as one of the most emotionally trying and exhausting experiences one can go through. And most people have enough trouble just trying to take their car keys away from their folks when they can't drive safely anymore.
              Thanks for that. I'll get through it
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Why is everyone talking about mentally ill, when a CRIMINAL murdered 26 people ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  I'm with you on that. I remember thinking at the time of the Las Vagas massacre - why a C&W concert? Couldn't he have shot up a wedding party of Somalians? What a waste of ammo.

Hang on - no I didn't.

You aren't normal. You are a million miles from normal. Normal people think WTF? in moments like this, not that the killer should have targeted a different group of innocent people.
                  Reading problems ?

WHERE did I say that he should have targeted Muslims ? I only asked WHY he did not target Muslims .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    Why is everyone talking about mentally ill, when a CRIMINAL murdered 26 people ?
                    I'm not convinced he was mentally ill. He used body armor, a methodical plan of attack, and ran when he was engaged. He was quite rational. Cowardly, evil, and a piece of who's body should be dumped in sewage to rot, but not crazy. This was calculated evil.
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                      I'm not convinced he was mentally ill. He used body armor, a methodical plan of attack, and ran when he was engaged. He was quite rational. Cowardly, evil, and a piece of who's body should be dumped in sewage to rot, but not crazy. This was calculated evil.
                      This may well be becoming the new "My life sucks and I'm such a loser and I want the world to know and pay attention to me for one time in my useless life..." scenario. When you have the PC crowd and a narrative in society that men in general are some sort of scum (unless they're gay), and that Whites are evil, it could produce this result.

If society is telling you that you're not trusted or wanted at some point you may well decide it's true and that lashing out is your best option.

Here you have a guy that's been a loser for most of his life. I doubt that dishonorable discharge was his first taste of failure and punishment for his actions. Probably didn't do particularly well in school, or the civilian world either. He clearly screwed up in some major way in the military.
                      At some point some people won't take it any more. Some may commit suicide. Others may decide to get even with their perceived tormenters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                        You don't need to be disabled to be mentally ill. Depression and schizophrenia do not prohibit you from strapping on body armor and coordinating attacks.
                        I'm no psychologist, but if you look at his pictures he looks like he's been depressed since high school.

"It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          This may well be becoming the new "My life sucks and I'm such a loser and I want the world to know and pay attention to me for one time in my useless life..." scenario. When you have the PC crowd and a narrative in society that men in general are some sort of scum (unless they're gay), and that Whites are evil, it could produce this result.

If society is telling you that you're not trusted or wanted at some point you may well decide it's true and that lashing out is your best option.

Here you have a guy that's been a loser for most of his life. I doubt that dishonorable discharge was his first taste of failure and punishment for his actions. Probably didn't do particularly well in school, or the civilian world either. He clearly screwed up in some major way in the military.
                          At some point some people won't take it any more. Some may commit suicide. Others may decide to get even with their perceived tormenters.
                          While that certainly is a viable general scenario, it doesn't fit with this incident, IMO. He shot up a church; if he had shot up a mall or a school (especially his alma mater) or somewhere else where he would be confronting his tormentors or their ilk, I could see it, but he chose a small church in a tiny town.

This suggests (to me) that his target was chosen for the purpose of body count: one-eighth of the town's population was inside the church.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

No Way To Prevent This, Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, TXIn the hours following a violent rampage in Texas in which a lone attacker killed 27 individuals and seriously injured several others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Sunday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place.
                            https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1820163660

Comment

The Onion as a source?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                                The Onion as a source?

Pruitt
                                They run the same article every time there is a mass shooting, with just the first two sentences changed to account for the latest details. It's their longest running "joke".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X