No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know why you keep talking about the guns since guns are not the problem.
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
      Don't know why you keep talking about the guns since guns are not the problem.
      Some years back I took Mrs Slick to a very high-end restaurant here in NY that featured a cheese menu, which included a number of unpasteurized items. Being me, I ordered one of those unpasteurized items, to which Mrs Slick -- ever the Registered Nurse -- warned that "too many people die from listeria every years." If that were so, I retorted, France would have been a desert decades ago.

Likewise, if you ever come over here with some time on your hands, I'll be happy to bring you Upstate where we can break out my collection and shoot 'til our fingers fall off -- and you can learn for yourself that firearms are no more intrinsically dangerous than unpasteurized cheese. Just bear in mind that my uncle will insist on some sort of payment, in the form of chores. You can start by cleaning the stable, and thereby learn firsthand just how heavy horse sh*t is.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        In their constant effort to take the right of self-defense from law-abiding citizens (criminals don't obey the Law, the Left has ignored the fact that this latest guy was taken down by an armed civilian.

BTW- any word on the great common denominator; what Meds was this guy on?
        You talk like the armed citizen used a bump stock and an assault rifle to stop the shooter. Did he?
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by armor11 View Post
          I think I can state with full confidence that the Vegas shooter would have been far less effective had he only been armed with a knife.

He also would have been far less effective if he was restricted to:

1) Clips, not magazines.
          2) Maximum 5 round clip.
          Wrong .

And irrelevant .

1600 people were murdered in the US last year with knives .

The question is NOT if he could kill more people with a gun or a knive , but if you ban guns (what is impossible), people will use something else (a knife) and if you ban knives, they will use axes,and if you ban axes,.....

If there were no guns, there would be NOT less killings , but MORE . Decent people need guns to protect themselves against criminals . Without gunsn they are powerless .

The slogan " no guns" means : no guns for decent people , but only for criminals . Which is what the crime lobby wants .

If you want to do something, attack the black market.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Wrong
            Nope. Completely right.

And irrelevant .
            Nope. Completely relevant.

1600 people were murdered in the US last year with knives .
            Were any of them knifed from long range?

Meanwhile, well over 2000 people were murdered with guns last year.

The question is NOT if he could kill more people with a gun or a knive ,
            In point of fact, that IS the question.

An account in the Texas shooting indicates the attack lasted about 15 seconds. Try killing 27 people and wounding 20 others in that amount of time with a knife.

but if you ban guns (what is impossible),
            No need to ban guns.

people will use something else (a knife) and if you ban knives, they will use axes,and if you ban axes,.....
            In your scenario, that would have literally saved hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives over the last couple of years.

If there were no guns, there would be NOT less killings
            I don't believe you, and oh, by the way, welcome to the inferno. Please enjoy your stay.
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
            -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Likewise, if you ever come over here with some time on your hands, I'll be happy to bring you Upstate where we can break out my collection and shoot 'til our fingers fall off -- and you can learn for yourself that firearms are no more intrinsically dangerous than unpasteurized cheese.
              This is the same argument used YEARS AGO to suggest that cheese is as deadly as cigarettes.

Your faulty arguments are in need of modernization. Of course, that wouldn't make them any less faulty...
              "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
              -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

• Armor ,Marc is just kidding me.
                Nothing offensive ,he's from NY and thus he is full of admiration for my country and therefore, for me.
                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• You cannot make this stuff up...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/u...ng-church.html

The gunman who killed 26 people in a rural Texas church on Sunday escaped from a psychiatric hospital while he was in the Air Force, after making death threats against his superiors and trying to smuggle weapons onto the base where he was stationed, a 2012 police report shows.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                    Armor ,Marc is just kidding me.
                    Nothing offensive ,he's from NY and thus he is full of admiration for my country and therefore, for me.
                    You're just not allowed to take off your shoes in my presence: that would no doubt constitute a Fourth Ypres.

Rimshot

Don't worry about armor11: he had his sense of humor removed at birth. Got a double dose of self-righteousness instead.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                      Nope. Completely right.

Nope. Completely relevant.

Were any of them knifed from long range?

Meanwhile, well over 2000 people were murdered with guns last year.

In point of fact, that IS the question.

An account in the Texas shooting indicates the attack lasted about 15 seconds. Try killing 27 people and wounding 20 others in that amount of time with a knife.

No need to ban guns.

In your scenario, that would have literally saved hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives over the last couple of years.

I don't believe you, and oh, by the way, welcome to the inferno. Please enjoy your stay.
                      The man who shot the murderer was a former NRA instructor : if you forbid decent people from having a weapon, there would be no NRA and the killer would not been shot .

Weapons in the right hands are saving lives : why do people buy weapons ? Essentially to protect themselves,because the state is unwilling /incapable to do it .

NO ONE is killing people because he has a gun .There are 360 million fire weapons in the US and only 9000 people were killed by fire weapons ;fire weapons are more save than cars .
                      In Nice a Muslim terrorist murdered 100 people ...WITH A CAR .

Gun ownership is not the problem;the problem is the use of guns for criminal activities : the responsibles for this are the criminals and the liberals . If there were less crimes, there would be less guns . And it is easy to have less crimes, but one should have balls .

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
                        Fault of the liberals who let him go .

Comment

Fault of the liberals who let him go .
                          Also fault of the liberal USAF did not input anything to the databases.

Comment

• If he was still in prison, 25 people would still live .

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
                              Also fault of the liberal USAF did not input anything to the databases.
                              Nonsense : if he could not buy a legal weapon, he would buy a weapon on the black market .

Comment

If he was still in prison, 25 people would still live .
                                Well, the ""liberal" military judges decided about his sentence. Feel also free to tell us the sentence that was appropriate for his case, and if you are willing to lock for years in prison all people with mental issues and a history of domestic violence , including some military personnel and veterans who suffer from PTSD...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X