Terrorism Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorism Statistics

I keep hearing that Islamic terrorist attacks are statistically less numerous than right wing attacks. Can someone point me to a reliable source?
    We hunt the hunters

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    I keep hearing that Islamic terrorist attacks are statistically less numerous than right wing attacks. Can someone point me to a reliable source?
    They might, but none of their sources will reference their findings, or have links to the individual cases so that you can review them for yourself.

They also have to start ALL of their statistical records the day after 9/11.
    Talls you all you need to know right there, don't it?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I would add, that they generally leave out the far, far, more numerous, but often not deadly, acts of terrorism particularly against property by Leftist radical groups like ALF and ELF.

Comment

A quick Google serach turns up this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#a98f0ad1e74d
        and this by the same guys as above:
        https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-...sville-anomaly

and this: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...hos-behind-it/

for a world look:
        https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism/

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domest..._United_States

This one includes some data on attacks that didn't kill anyone but did cause property damage, etc.

According to the FBI in June 2008, eco-terrorists and extreme animal rights activists represent "one of the most serious domestic terrorism threats in the U.S. today". They committed over 2,000 crimes and caused over $110 million in damages since 1979, against targets including lumber companies, animal testing facilities and genetic research firms.
          Numerically, one of the most active elements in terms of number of attacks...

As I've noted, domestically, the Right is far more dangerous but exists in small numbers and acts individually. The Left is far more organized and acts in groups committing far more acts of terrorism even if they kill and injure fewer people. Their destructiveness in terms of cost is far higher over all.
          The outlier is Radical Islam. It's the import when it comes to terrorism and one we could pretty much stop simply by ending the importation of it.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            . . . . The outlier is Radical Islam. It's the import when it comes to terrorism and one we could pretty much stop simply by ending the importation of it.
            It's also the one that's undergoing the most change. A decade and a half ago Islamist terrorism more resembled left-wing terrorism, with its reliance on doctrinaire elements, often academics, and a more pyramidal organization. Now more would-be Islamist terrorists are becoming radicalized without direct contact to ideological leaders, and they're learning, training, planning, and executing terror act on their own. It's a big change, and one that will prove challenging to the authorities.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              It's also the one that's undergoing the most change. A decade and a half ago Islamist terrorism more resembled left-wing terrorism, with its reliance on doctrinaire elements, often academics, and a more pyramidal organization. Now more would-be Islamist terrorists are becoming radicalized without direct contact to ideological leaders, and they're learning, training, planning, and executing terror act on their own. It's a big change, and one that will prove challenging to the authorities.
              The Left has done the same thing. By "organizing" in loose cells without a structured leadership and using social media and the internet to communicate, they have made it far harder for law enforcement to infiltrate or even track their goings on. Antifa is a good example.

The Right appears to be picking this up too. Notice the flash mob they used a few weeks ago. It avoided telegraphing their intent and allowing law enforcement and government to shut their protest down before it occurred. By the time law enforcement and the government could react the protest was over and they'd dispersed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                They might, but none of their sources will reference their findings, or have links to the individual cases so that you can review them for yourself.

They also have to start ALL of their statistical records the day after 9/11.
                Talls you all you need to know right there, don't it?
                Why would that be? There are plenty of terrorist attacks recorded prior to 9/11, including the destruction of the Marine Barracks by a truck bomber and the first attack on the WTC by the blind immam.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X