• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some May Call It Treason...

This is indeed an arguable idea:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politi...les/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Agreed, the Dems are going to have issues explaining why they paid Russians to find dirt on Trump.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Agreed, the Dems are going to have issues explaining why they paid Russians to find dirt on Trump.
      You literally couldn't make this sort of thing up if you tried...
      "I mean the bottom line, the crux of this entire issue, is that people were working with a foreign government who you know is not working in our best interests to destabilize our elections and to destabilize our country," McAuliffe told David Axelrod on "The Axe Files," a podcast from the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and CNN.

"If we find that any US citizen was involved in this, it's treason," he said.
      http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politi...les/index.html

We know for a fact that US citizens were "were working with a foreign government who you know is not working in our best interests to destabilize our elections and to destabilize our country"...
      It is against the law for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to funnel millions of dollars to a British spy and to Russian sources in order to obtain the infamous and discredited Trump “dossier.” The Federal Election Campaign Act (52 USC 30101) prohibits foreign nationals and governments from giving or receiving money in U.S. campaigns. It also prohibits the filing of false or misleading campaign reports to hide the true purpose of the money (52 USC 30121). This is what Clinton and the DNC appear to have done.

Most often the penalty for violating this law is a fine, but in egregious cases, like this one, criminal prosecutions have been sought and convictions obtained. In this sense, it could be said that Hillary Clinton is the one who was conspiring with the Russians by breaking campaign finance laws with impunity.

But that’s not all. Damning new evidence appears to show that Clinton used her office as Secretary of State to confer benefits to Russia in exchange for millions of dollars in donations to her foundation and cash to her husband. Secret recordings, intercepted emails, financial records, and eyewitness accounts allegedly show that Russian nuclear officials enriched the Clintons at the very time Hillary presided over a governing body which unanimously approved the sale of one-fifth of America’s uranium supply to Russia.

If this proves to be a corrupt “pay-to-play” scheme, it would constitute a myriad of crimes, including bribery (18 USC 201-b), mail fraud (18 USC 1341), and wire fraud (18 USC 1343). It might also qualify for racketeering charges (18 USC 1961-1968), if her foundation is determined to have been used as a criminal enterprise.

Despite all the incriminating evidence, Clinton has managed to avoid being pursued by a special counsel. Trump, on the other hand, is being chased by Robert Mueller and his team, notwithstanding a dearth of evidence.
      http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...nt-matter.html

If General Kelly gets his way and Gov. McAuliffe's Treason standard is applied, we may actually see some Treason charges soon...
      WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House Chief of Staff John Kelly said on Monday a special counsel should be appointed to investigate Democrats over a uranium deal during the Obama administration and a dossier compiled on Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign.
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1D00BJ

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

It is unfortunate that you cannot see beyond partisan politics. How does it feel to be an ideologue?
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Some may call it treason
          Some may call it bullshit..

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            It may very well be, but then again, it may not be...

Comment

It is unfortunate that you cannot see beyond partisan politics. How does it feel to be an ideologue?
              The problem that you have is your hatred towards your President, it blinds rational thought.

This isn't about partisan politics. They have been investigating Trump since he first took the office. They haven't found anything showing that he colluded with the Russians. what they have found is possible collusion by the DNC.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The problem that you have is your hatred towards your President, it blinds rational thought.

This isn't about partisan politics. They have been investigating Trump since he first took the office. They haven't found anything showing that he colluded with the Russians. what they have found is possible collusion by the DNC.
                First, I don't hate Trump. I merely find him disgusting and dishonest, and that has been my impression for the last 30 years.

And the investigation is still ongoing. If you actually believe that nothing will be found, then I have to believe that you actually believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Comment

First, I don't hate Trump.

And the investigation is still ongoing. If you actually believe that nothing will be found, then I have to believe that you actually believe in the Tooth Fairy.
                  The deeper they dig, the more they find on the DNC, you can believe in the tooth fairy if you want but it wont stop facts that are now coming to the surface.

Comment

The deeper they dig, the more they find on the DNC, you can believe in the tooth fairy if you want but it wont stop facts that are now coming to the surface.
                    There's no investigation leveled against Clinton, the Democrats or the DNC yet more actual concrete information about corruption on their part seems to be making it to the surface than actual concrete evidence of any supposed Russian-Trump collusion. Latest is Donna Brazile publicly affirming that the DNC colluded with Clinton against Bernie Sanders. One can only image what an actual special counsel investigation of the Clinton campaign or the Clinton Foundation would reveal.

Comment

On Donna Brazile's claims:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton’s campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton “control (of) the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised” in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.
                      It wasn't illegal, Brazile said, "but it sure looked unethical."
                      "If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead," Brazile wrote. "This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity."

Comment

^ Didn't Brazile feed Hillary debate questions on the eve of one of her tilts against Sanders?
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I prefer to go with treason. We have Don Jr., Papadopoulos, and Flynn. I would not be surprised if before it's over it's traced all the way back to the Donald.......why? "Cause he has a ego the size of the Titanic and hubris to match....on top of all his other negative attributes. And terribly sorry Skobi, I do not see any positive attributes to that toupee wearing POS; not my president.......farging ever!!!

2381. Treason
                          Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)
                          http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?p...edition=prelim
                          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
                            I prefer to go with treason. We have Don Jr., Papadopoulos, and Flynn. I would not be surprised if before it's over it's traced all the way back to the Donald.......why? "Cause he has a ego the size of the Titanic and hubris to match....on top of all his other negative attributes. And terribly sorry Skobi, I do not see any positive attributes to that toupee wearing POS; not my president.......farging ever!!!
                            No need to apologise, Mario. I have no problem agreeing with your assessments of Trump as a person. However, this entire Russia thing is a witch hunt in my opinion. Lots of claims, little or no evidence. When neither federal intelligence nor federal law enforcement agencies are granted access to the main "scene of the crime", and are forced to rely on an assessment given by a private internet security firm, you can be certain that bullshit is afoot - especially when the owner of that firm is connected with a pro-Clinton organisation.

Comment

No need to apologise, Mario. I have no problem agreeing with your assessments of Trump as a person. However, this entire Russia thing is a witch hunt in my opinion. Lots of claims, little or no evidence. When neither federal intelligence nor federal law enforcement agencies are granted access to the main "scene of the crime", and are forced to rely on an assessment given by a private internet security firm, you can be certain that bullshit is afoot - especially when the owner of that firm is connected with a pro-Clinton organisation.
                              Given we know with reasonable certainty that Clinton and her organization were doing questionable, unethical, and possibly illegal stuff with the DNC, Clinton Foundation, the uranium deal, her e-mail server, etc., etc., etc... It's a pretty good bet that the Clintons were also involved to one degree or another in the unmasking scandal, the dossier scandal, etc., too.

I'd say that Mueller is looking at the wrong bunch. Trump and his trolls were at best doing half @$$ed stuff with small peanuts Russians with little or no juice while the Clinton campaign was running full on mafia organized crime everywhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X