Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More 'lunatic' shootings.... of course...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    Re-read post #1 of this thread. It seems you have forgotten what you posted.
    So no one can post about anything but what is in the first post? Strange. I see lots here in this thread doing so.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Hey, remember 9 years ago when Bobo vowed, on his first day in office, to close Gitmo?

All the promises he made that ended in failure began with that one.
      Yes, it's called a failure. How about that Repeal and Replace law, wonderful is it not?
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

It's only going to get worse, much worse, as Satan continues to poison the brains of the weak to do his evil bidding.

All the gun, knife, explosive, rental truck, acid, pipes, hammers, fist, control in the world is going to do nothing but disarm the law abiding. This can only be stopped by finding those brain damaged individuals before they have a chance to put their evil plans into action. And that becomes the problem. How much of our freedom are we willing to trade for that false sense of security?

About the only protection we have now is to avoid those places where large crowds have gathered. Especially, those places that have declared themselves Gun Free Zones. Those are prime targets for terrorism.

Drudge Headlines as of 6PM Sunday;
        Shooter opens fire during service...
        Stopped only to reload...
        Dead after chase with police...
        'Not from the area'...
        TWO-YEAR-OLD among victims...
        Pastor's 14-year-old daughter killed...
        Deadliest shooting at house of worship in USA...
        Dems renew calls for gun control...
        TRUMP: 'May God be with people of Sutherland Springs'...
        FBI, ATF on scene...
        LIVE: PRESS CONFERENCE...
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I read the shooter this time got a dishonorable discharge from the USAF, for what it didn't say. That would make him a felon, as you don't get a DD for anything less. That would have made him ineligible to possess a firearm. So, in addition to the shooting, he was in illegal possession of the weapon and ammunition.
          So, the calls for more gun control are idiocy in this case simply because what we already have in place isn't working. Let's start by actually enforcing the laws on the books. If this guy couldn't have gotten the weapon(s) he had this incident might have been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I read the shooter this time got a dishonorable discharge from the USAF, for what it didn't say. That would make him a felon, as you don't get a DD for anything less. That would have made him ineligible to possess a firearm. So, in addition to the shooting, he was in illegal possession of the weapon and ammunition.
            So, the calls for more gun control are idiocy in this case simply because what we already have in place isn't working. Let's start by actually enforcing the laws on the books. If this guy couldn't have gotten the weapon(s) he had this incident might have been avoided.
            There are now reports that this mass killing ended when a civilian got his rifle and confronted the killer with it before the police could get there. I'm sure more will come out as this story starts getting its facts beyond the Lame Stream Spin and Yellow Journalism. https://news.grabien.com/story-texas...-killer-ending
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

He was 'awarded' a bad conduct discharge, not a dishonorable discharge. He was convicted of abusing both his wife and child. He also served a year in prison and because he was convicted in a special court-martial, he had a federal conviction on a felony which should have made him ineligible to legally purchase a firearm.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                He was 'awarded' a bad conduct discharge, not a dishonorable discharge. He was convicted of abusing both his wife and child. He also served a year in prison and because he was convicted in a special court-martial, he had a federal conviction on a felony which should have made him ineligible to legally purchase a firearm.
                And, that's my point. Current gun laws were supposed to prevent him from owning a firearm. Yet, he got one. He even showed it off on Facebook, etc. There isn't a need for more laws, but rather reasonable enforcement of the ones on the books.

Comment

And, that's my point. Current gun laws were supposed to prevent him from owning a firearm. Yet, he got one. He even showed it off on Facebook, etc. There isn't a need for more laws, but rather reasonable enforcement of the ones on the books.
                  He simply checked 'no' in the block asking if he had a something that preventing him from owning a firearm......
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

My question to that is: It doesn't matter what boxes you check, the NICS check should have come back with him as a convicted felon, and therefore a prohibited person. Which should have resulted in a no sale, plus a possible visit from LE.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      My question to that is: It doesn't matter what boxes you check, the NICS check should have come back with him as a convicted felon, and therefore a prohibited person. Which should have resulted in a no sale, plus a possible visit from LE.
                      Last I read they did not consider his AF crime a felony. However since he was sentence to a year in confinement he should have been in there. So it appears to have either not been reported, not been reported correctly or some other snafu. No the first time.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Still a crime of domestic violence, which is another prohibitor. I would say that the DOD needs to have a reckoning on how they're putting information accessible to NICS. The bureaucracy failed the people by not properly ensuring that the existing laws protected the people.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          Last I read they did not consider his AF crime a felony. However since he was sentence to a year in confinement he should have been in there. So it appears to have either not been reported, not been reported correctly or some other snafu. No the first time.
                          It was domestic violence if I understand correctly. That is an automatic no own a gun charge if convicted. It looks like a case of having a system that's about as solid as swiss cheese.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X