Dems to file new impeachment articles against Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems to file new impeachment articles against Trump

A group of Democrats will file new articles of impeachment against President Trump before Thanksgiving, according to Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.), who’s leading the charge.

“It is clear to us that he is unfit to be president of the United States of America,” Gutiérrez said Wednesday.

Gutiérrez, one of Trump’s sharpest critics, declined to specify what grounds the articles will cite, saying only that the Democrats are working with constitutional scholars to solidify their case.

“I assure you we will not leave you lacking for reason,” he said.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-against-trump

All I could think about when reading this was how thrilled the GOP must be at having the Dems finally knuckle down to try and pull this stunt.

Comment

Being unfit has never stopped Presidents before.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Being unfit has never stopped Presidents before.

Pruitt
        Indeed!

Comment

I guess it's too late to put up one of these on the Capital building...

Comment

The guy whom made his fortune in "coal" here in USA, now making it with Aussie "coal", turned Leftist billionaire is putting his money to work with this;
            Impeach Trump: Sign the Petition
            https://action.needtoimpeach.com/act...mpeach%20Trump

Thank you hypocrite Tom Steyer.

Comment

Wouldn't the Democrats be better served to try to take more House and Senate seats in the 2018 midterm elections? Wouldn't that make more sense?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Wouldn't the Democrats be better served to try to take more House and Senate seats in the 2018 midterm elections? Wouldn't that make more sense?
                Democrats and (common) sense in the same universe ???

Comment

If I were running the DNC, I’d be knocking heads together about this crap.

“You’re just going to make us look impotent and give the GOP more ammunition as to how inept we are when this fails!”

But then, they could be calculating that just be having this come forward they can strengthen the anti-Trump credentials, or it will help sustain the narrative about Trump being questionable and undesirable going into his second year (and hopefully influence some upcoming elections as well).

I could see some reasons this might work (beyond the actual impeachment) but it just feels like a misstep to me. But then, they’re the elected officials and I’m not, so maybe they know more than I do.

Someone knowing more than you? Oh, what are the odds of thaaaaat? ...

Comment

Yes to both questions.

Comment

This is the Democratic version of the GOP's constant introduction of "Repeal The ACA" bills when Obama was president. I would think that people would learn that continually beating your head against the wall hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                        This is the Democratic version of the GOP's constant introduction of "Repeal The ACA" bills when Obama was president. I would think that people would learn that continually beating your head against the wall hurts.

Good point.
                        The "repeal" bills were seemingly more about trying to do something without ever really having to do anything.
                        Guiterrez is doing the same and trying to make himself look important.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

The Dems, who worshipped the Clinton criminals?

Good luck with that.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

These people might be thinking that it would give the Democrats more votes for the upcoming elections. Announcing this before the elections with a delivery date before Thanksgiving....after the elections....
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

They might as well since they wont be writing any legislation any time soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X