Baltimore calls for "cease fire."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore calls for "cease fire."

In a city with onerous gun laws, the murder rate is so out-of-control that the city is pushing for a "cease fire" quarterly now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...comeexperience
    The second 72-hour-long Baltimore Ceasefire is scheduled Friday through Sunday with events planned around the city each day in an effort to curb the city’s rising number of homicides as it nears 300.
    “We’re doing ceasefires quarterly because we saw what the first one did, how much hope it gave the city,” said Erricka Bridgeford, one of the event’s founders.
    The first ceasefire was held in August after 188 people had been killed, and included marches, cookouts and vigils across the city, and two men were killed. It wasn’t the first attempt at a violence-free weekend in the city. On Mother’s Day weekend, the group Mothers of Murdered Sons and Daughters called for a ceasefire, but at least four people were shot, including two who were killed.
    Note how the first one they did didn't work out so well...

This is how Progressives deal with a problem. I'd suggest Baltimore step up arresting criminals and start allowing citizens to defend themselves properly. Bet the crime rate would plummet. That's how sane people would deal with the problem.

"Stop!"...or I'll say "Stop!" again.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      In a city with onerous gun laws, the murder rate is so out-of-control that the city is pushing for a "cease fire" quarterly now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...comeexperience

Note how the first one they did didn't work out so well...

This is how Progressives deal with a problem. I'd suggest Baltimore step up arresting criminals and start allowing citizens to defend themselves properly. Bet the crime rate would plummet. That's how sane people would deal with the problem.
      ----------------------
      This was predicted after the incident in Baltimore last year and obviously it happened. The government turned on the police and cradled the thugs. This is what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
        ----------------------
        This was predicted after the incident in Baltimore last year and obviously it happened. The government turned on the police and cradled the thugs. This is what happens.
        Exactly. The shorthanded police there, and in many other Progressive Democrat controlled cities are only going to respond to a call hours later in order to record the report. Eventually, they may do what one police force did. http://fox59.com/2017/02/13/bunker-h...artment-quits/

It will be "The Purge" for real if the entire police force of Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, etc... quit or go on strike.
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

That happened here in the town of Aguila on the western edge of Maricopa county. The Sheriff's office wasn't providing the coverage they were supposed to. It was taking two to three days for a deputy to show up to take a report, including in one case, a murder. The town's only restaurant got robbed several times.
          People there started packing their own artillery. The restaurant still carries on their now "tradition" of all the employees wearing firearms... and not pretend ones either...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I'd suggest Baltimore step up arresting criminals ...
            Kind of tough after City Hall paid off a lawsuit only to have the officers found not guilty. And the local DA currently being sued by police officers for a variety of offenses.

From what I read on the LE boards, BPD is losing their best people to other agencies, and are just keeping their heads down. They don't trust the prosecutors or the city government.

You don't turn around that sort of thing very fast.

Its a Democrat-run city, and it's heading into utter chaos.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Stupid people = stupid cities

Speaking of Baltimore -

Grade-Rigging Scandal Escalates: Baltimore Schools CEO Issue Memo In Response To Investigations ... one school in Baltimore has the highest graduation rate in the area with zero students proficient in math
              http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...nse-investigat

"Inner city" Baltimore schools get $17,000 per student, not tied to achievement in any way, attendance is enough and even that's faked. What did anyone think would happen?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a high proportion of US gun deaths attributable to criminal-on-criminal violence such as drug gangs, so why should we care if they're killing each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't a high proportion of US gun deaths attributable to criminal-on-criminal violence such as drug gangs, so why should we care if they're killing each other?
                  A high percentage of all violent deaths, regardless of weapon type. A sizeable percentage of the rest are mistaken identity (by criminals aiming for criminals) or stray rounds from Criminal-criminal encounters. If you remove four cities from the US murder stats the USA has a lower murder rate than many countries.

Most people don't care.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Actually a fair amount of them are shot (criminals) breaking into houses, trying to commit robberies, and other assorted crimes.

Take a gander at these articles.

\https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

We find it cheaper to let them kill each other than put them in prison...

Comment

The highest proportion of US gun deaths are suicides.
                        Call me crazy, but I think the time to care about such folks is before, instead of after, they pull the trigger.

I knew one person that I thought might have been suicidal, and didn't say anything.
                        NEVER again.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X