Chaos in NY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by American87 View Post
    No, I said all these lone wolf attacks were the result of ISIS. Then you had a conniption and made all these personal attacks. Then of course I talked some sense into you, and now you're slowly approximating a normal conversation.
    Originally posted by American87 View Post
    Read my posts, johns624 took it personally when I said ISIS lead to all these lone wolf attacks in recent years. He's just putting words in my mouth.

I agree with you that we should bomb the Middle East, but I don't think we have to hit the Kaaba. We just have to destory ISIS. I don't think that's out of the box thinking, but it will sound that way for liberals.
    Personal attacks...where? You're still wrong. ISIL even took credit for the Las Vegas attacks when they had nothing to do with them. Same with most of the other attacks that they take credit for. This all started with you stating "we need to drop another MOAB". That makes no sense at all. They have no centralized HQ. My little snowflake is melting...

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post
      Read my posts, johns624 took it personally when I said ISIS lead to all these lone wolf attacks in recent years. He's just putting words in my mouth.

I agree with you that we should bomb the Middle East, but I don't think we have to hit the Kaaba. We just have to destory ISIS. I don't think that's out of the box thinking, but it will sound that way for liberals.
      ISIS/ISIL/IS is one of many heads of the single "Hydra" manifest as Fundamental Islamic Jihad. We need to focus on the forest, not the tree.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        Personal attacks...where? You're still wrong. ISIL even took credit for the Las Vegas attacks when they had nothing to do with them. Same with most of the other attacks that they take credit for. This all started with you stating "we need to drop another MOAB". That makes no sense at all. They have no centralized HQ. My little snowflake is melting...
        These lone wolfs are radicalized by ISIS. They're Muslim, go to Mosque, and fill their brains with ISIS propaganda. This driver in NYC had thousands of their videos.
        It's pretty obvious what causes these attacks, but liberals are chummy with them so we'll always have a segment of Americans who do not want to pry too closely into terrorist affairs. After all, it was Obama's own pastor who said the US deserved 9/11.
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          ISIS/ISIL/IS is one of many heads of the single "Hydra" manifest as Fundamental Islamic Jihad. We need to focus on the forest, not the tree.
          Radical Islam is at the root of it, but all these lone wolf attacks are the direct result of ISIS. ISIS made it "cool" in a sick sense of the word, to be a jihadi. Allowing them to establish a country hasn't just set us back in the war on terror, it's made it more difficult than it ever was. We need to destroy ISIS, then worry about deradicalizing the rest of the Muslim world.

Comment

• Warnings have been posted multiple times about personal attacks. Discuss the content, not the poster.

This is everyone’s collective final warning.

ACG Staff

Comment

Correct. ISIL could disappear tomorrow and the attacks would continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                Correct. ISIL could disappear tomorrow and the attacks would continue.
                Although at a much reduced rate.

Comment

• Part I

I disagree. Bush bombed them in Iraq and Afghanistan and it held them at bay. But then Obama happened.
                  Note it's my post #112 of this thread you respond to, suggesting that if we drop another MOAB, it should be upon the Kaaba in Mecca. Slight whimsicle comment on my part, but with a subtext (between the lines) implication I'll get to in a moment. But, first, a couple of 'logistical' considerations of the practical aspect before going to the strategic one ...
                  1) Saudi Arabia has AWACs and F-15s thanks to USA and our mutual alliance, so we can't just waltz a B-52 into SA airspace without some air battle, and repurcussions of an "Acrt of War" against a supposed Ally.
                  2) We could put the MOAB atop an ICBM and avoid the air battle, but we still have a tracible device used in hostile manner and the political fallout that comes with it, so ...
                  3) What would work better would be if "we" could (covertly) arrange for a small asteroid or large meteorite to smack the Kaaba and make it look like an "Act of Allah", ...

But why "smack" the Kaaba https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba ?
                  Subject of Part II post to follow.

Comment

• Part II

I disagree. Bush bombed them in Iraq and Afghanistan and it held them at bay. But then Obama happened.
                    Both Bush and Obama engaged flawed mid and end games with regard to this region, IMO. Busy fighting fire in individual trees rather than address the ragin' and blazin' forest, to use a metaphor.

History shows that in most conflict/war situations the Motivation/Goals/Agenda of one side seldom match that of the other. A basic principle of Sun Tzu/Strategy is to understand the motivations and goals of your enemy in order to most effectively twart and/or defeat them.

In the case of Fundamental Islamic Jihad (FIJ) we find the clue in the Scripture and Dogma of that religion (addressed in greater detail in this thread: Islam - Jihad - GWOT ) where it distills down to two essential concepts that bare consideration. I presented this already here in in this thread in post #101, but to refresh, they are;

Basically;
                    1) Muhammad has commanded his followers to fight the non-believers until the whole of mankind converts or submits to Allah(Islam).
                    2) The better rewards and placement in Paradise/Heaven go to those whom are the Holy Warriors doing Jihad(Holy War).

This guy(NYC truck assault) did such to assure a better deal in the afterlife.

So the "Islamic Terrorists" do so because it is commanded of them and to have better Afterlife in Paradise, sort of a "saving their souls" Motivation. Since Mohammad and the message of Allah(Koran) is to be a Final One with no future prophets, edits, or major abrogations (from Allah), it would seem the best resort of we Infidels & Kafirs of the Dar al-Harb is to invalidate the Koran and other words/actions of Muhhamad and the best way I can think of would be if "Allah" destroyed the Holiest of Holies in the Dar al-Islam as a display of "It's" displeasure with how Islam has turned out.

As it stands, Islam's greatest gift to the world(Dar al-Harb) has been Conflict~Conquest~Conversion (CCC) for close to 1400 years now. We can expect at least another 1400 years of such CCC efforts unless something Fundamental and Profound is done to alter the foundations of Islam and open the door to some form of Scriture/Dogma change that removes the Goal/Agenda we've seen to date.

Of course we could all surrender and become Muslims, and make their job/goal easier. That or gird up for more "Forever War" gift of Islam and Muhhamad.

Comment

• ^ He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it - George Santayana

That's the kind of reasoning that cost the Crusaders the Battle of Hattin -- and ultimately Jerusalem.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Both Bush and Obama engaged flawed mid and end games with regard to this region, IMO. Busy fighting fire in individual trees rather than address the ragin' and blazin' forest, to use a metaphor.

History shows that in most conflict/war situations the Motivation/Goals/Agenda of one side seldom match that of the other. A basic principle of Sun Tzu/Strategy is to understand the motivations and goals of your enemy in order to most effectively twart and/or defeat them.

In the case of Fundamental Islamic Jihad (FIJ) we find the clue in the Scripture and Dogma of that religion (addressed in greater detail in this thread: Islam - Jihad - GWOT ) where it distills down to two essential concepts that bare consideration. I presented this already here in in this thread in post #101, but to refresh, they are;

Basically;
                        1) Muhammad has commanded his followers to fight the non-believers until the whole of mankind converts or submits to Allah(Islam).
                        2) The better rewards and placement in Paradise/Heaven go to those whom are the Holy Warriors doing Jihad(Holy War).

This guy(NYC truck assault) did such to assure a better deal in the afterlife.

So the "Islamic Terrorists" do so because it is commanded of them and to have better Afterlife in Paradise, sort of a "saving their souls" Motivation. Since Mohammad and the message of Allah(Koran) is to be a Final One with no future prophets, edits, or major abrogations (from Allah), it would seem the best resort of we Infidels & Kafirs of the Dar al-Harb is to invalidate the Koran and other words/actions of Muhhamad and the best way I can think of would be if "Allah" destroyed the Holiest of Holies in the Dar al-Islam as a display of "It's" displeasure with how Islam has turned out.

As it stands, Islam's greatest gift to the world(Dar al-Harb) has been Conflict~Conquest~Conversion (CCC) for close to 1400 years now. We can expect at least another 1400 years of such CCC efforts unless something Fundamental and Profound is done to alter the foundations of Islam and open the door to some form of Scriture/Dogma change that removes the Goal/Agenda we've seen to date.

Of course we could all surrender and become Muslims, and make their job/goal easier. That or gird up for more "Forever War" gift of Islam and Muhhamad.
                        I see what you're saying, and I would love it if a meteorite fell right onto the Kaaba and blew it to smithereens.

But realistically we would rely on a missle or some spy getting close enough to plant explosives.
                        All the world's Muslims would go nuts if the US was caught destroying the Kaaba. It would probably cause more terror attacks, imo.
                        It's better to take out radical groups the old fashioned way, and I'm not opposed to nukes.

Comment

• Feds reveal what they found in NYC terror suspect's truck

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...2rI?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Depends on your need, but yes, I'd agree in most cases. I needed to remove wallpaper in a rental home that I recently purchased. I thought about renting a steamer at Home Depot, a little calculating and it wasn't hard to figure out that if I just bought the steamer, I'd save a lot of money. I've also rented carpet cleaners. Usually, a twenty-four hour period is more cost-effective than eight hours. Of course, it depends on how quick you can get the job done.

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            My impression is that renting from them for more than two hours or so becomes prohibitively expensive. Does that jive with your experience?
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• "If the CIA spent more time investigating terrorists and less time training and arming them we might not have had today's truck attack in New York."

- Assange
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• This guy who carried out this attack needs to fry along with Bergdahl.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X