Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who goes to jail as the result of the Trump-Russia collusion fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Yep. Promoting Obama holdover Rosenstein was a YUGE mistake.
    Poor judgment as I said. Just look at them all...
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
      Then why do we have the FBI investigating such cases ?
      The same reason you have state and local police investigating missing persons cases:

1) Because it may turn into a criminal case.

2) Only LE agencies have the resources to investigate missing persons

3) Its good PR.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        The same reason you have state and local police investigating missing persons cases:

3) Its good PR.
        Doc does not understand that...
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Red herring fallacy.

Furthermore, Starr never expanded the scope of his investigation without first obtaining approval from AG Janet Reno and/or the 3-judge panel overseeing his investigation.

And, the independent counsel statute, under which Ken Starr, Lawrence Walsh, etc., were appointed was allowed to expire by the Republican controlled Congress in 1999.

Regarding Mueller, I've already stated my opposition to his expansion of the investigation to include Democrat lobbyist Tony Podesta, brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. Mueller did not seek approval to expand the investigation. He did so under the latitude afforded by Rosenstein in the appointment order.
          Nothing about red herring. It is about pointing at your double standards of your whining about the prosecutors broad latitude it has to investigate Trump
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
            I think sections i, ii, and c are what you are looking for, as they define what the Special Counsel is looking into and the basis for his investigation.

Also, the last line (I didn't include it in my sample from the letter) references this section of Federal Regulations. They include parts like this:
            § 600.4 Jurisdiction.
            (a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.

Essentially, it looks as though the Special Counsel is given a starting point (interference in the election) but is allowed to expand that jurisdiction (and to prosecute any other crimes that come up as a result of the investigation). And the wording of the letter suggest that Mueller is allowed to investigate anything that could be related to Russia, the election, and any crimes committed by those involved in either of these two situations.

But that's my layman's interpretation. I imagine there are more knowledgeable souls better informed about Federal law who can speak up.
            Nonresponsive. What specific crime(s) was Mueller tasked to investigate? Jurisdiction is not a specific crime. The special counsel statute is not a specific crime.

Specific crimes would have statute numbers and titles.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

3) Its good PR.
              And the Russiangate could also turn into a criminal case. it certainly did for Papadopoulos...
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                Trump's close advisors would have told him the names and brief bios. Papadopolous' communications were with Manafort and people below him.

I seriously doubt that Trump ever personally met most, if not all, of the 5 foreign policy "advisers." Almost all of Papadopolous' communications with the campaign were via emails.
                "Almost"is a key word

Comment

Then why do we have the FBI investigating such cases ?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...asota-teenager

If the FBI suspects foul play, it will investigate the case. And it does not matter if this is about a missing teenager or the Russiangate or Benghazi.
                  They aren't investigating anyone. They are trying to help the local police find the missing child...
                  Sarasota police spokeswoman Genevieve Judge said the department is “consulting” with the FBI in order to determine what, if any assistance, they can provide to the department in locating Jabez.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Nothing about red herring. It is about pointing at your double standards of your whining about the prosecutors broad latitude it has to investigate Trump
                    What double standard?

Comment

They aren't investigating anyone. They are trying to help the local police find the missing child...
                      Sarasota police spokeswoman Genevieve Judge said the department is “consulting” with the FBI in order to determine what, if any assistance, they can provide to the department in locating Jabez.
                      Correct, they are investigating an event. Not a crime.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        Doc does not understand that...
                        At which point, there is a criminal investigation.

Comment

Nonresponsive. What specific crime(s) was Mueller tasked to investigate? Jurisdiction is not a specific crime. The special counsel statute is not a specific crime.

Specific crimes would have statute numbers and titles.
                          None. He does not have to investigate a specific crime. Red Herring of all red herrings....
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Exactly what happened today. For Manafort and Gates we are past that point.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Explaining to the willfully ignorant again, Doc?
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

And the FBI did not investigate Trump either, as you recall, but it DID have clues about Manaford's links to the Russian government and made sense to investigate these links with respect to the Russiangate and they DID have clues from US intelligence agencies that Russians were trying to approach Trump....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X