Is the media corrupting politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I would add a return to an America where most people are owners not renters. Renters tend to vote Leftist. They see it in their best interests to screw the minority of land owners and business owners that they pay rent to. People who own their own stuff rarely want the government to come in an tax it, regulate it, or take control of it.
    --------------------
    I'm not sure on that one. I rented for many years and just didn't think like that. I think that is a little harsh. Most people whom rent just don't make enough to own their own place. I don't think they just rent to get at property or home owners. I don't think they give that a whole lot of thought. Maybe a minority does but certainly not the majority of renters.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Educating those whom life has placed in a lesser role is its own reward.

Your difficulty is that you simply do not understand that (a few cranks here aside) this forum has all the seriousness and depth of two guys in a bar commenting upon the news. It might get passionate, it could even lead to blows, but both know it really doesn't matter at all.

We like to argue simply for the sake of argument. And we like to win.

But don't delude yourself that any of this is real.
      Of course not, to the educated and enlightened among us, nut to everybody else, this is as close to "real" as their sheltered little lives every bring them.

As for "wanting to win", I think a lot of us just want to express ourselves and be heard, rather than "win", or at least make some folks realize that another point of view other than their own actually exists.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Voters are responsible for far more than they want to admit. Everyone loves an external "cause", rather than internalizing their own complicity in the crisis of the day.

There are still far too many Americans who believe that whoever they voted for last November means they're not "part of the problem". Which is humorous. Darkly humorous, but humorous all the same.
        Yes. Its always the fault of 'them', whichever 'them' suits the argument. The lack of self awareness would be charming if it wasn't so corrosive.
        Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Reading through this thread I'd just like to thank everyone I haven't personally cited who is so desperate to prove my point. Thanks fellas. Always much easier when people do the spade work for you.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
            Reading through this thread I'd just like to thank everyone I haven't personally cited who is so desperate to prove my point. Thanks fellas. Always much easier when people do the spade work for you.
            So, you have no points to make and you are just trying to trick everyone into being silent, is that it?
            Because the only point I saw you make at the very start of this thread is to basically say that everyone sukks but you.

And these guys wonder why I have to use words like nihilism so often...

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              So, you have no points to make and you are just trying to trick everyone into being silent, is that it?
              Because the only point I saw you make at the very start of this thread is to basically say that everyone sukks but you.

My point is that people who constantly blame other people/institutions for the problems they see around them are engaging in a massive evasion of responsibility.

For example, a person who actively supports and attempts to join a protest that also involves white supremacist domestic terrorists, and then goes on to describe the police shooting of an armed man who deliberately runs a police road block as 'ethnic cleansing', is every bit as bad as any journalist, 'progressive' or BLM activist.

Such a person would contribute more to improving the political situation in America by moderating their own behavior - something they have 100% control over - than attacking the behavior of people that person could never influence.

Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

The correct answer is: yes, the media is corrupting politics. #Russians #Collusion #DNC #Hillary #Dossier #WassermanShultz #DonnaBrazile #Bernie #FeelTheBern #MAGA #RepublicansKeepWinningElections

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

To make a point you first have to understand the subject...
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

My point is that people who constantly blame other people/institutions for the problems they see around them are engaging in a massive evasion of responsibility.
                    Yes!
                    Excellent, we'll make a fine Libertarian of you one of these days.

For example, a person who actively supports and attempts to join a protest that also involves white supremacist domestic terrorists, and then goes on to describe the police shooting of an armed man who deliberately runs a police road block as 'ethnic cleansing', is every bit as bad as any journalist, 'progressive' or BLM activist.
                    There were other events besides Charlotte this year, you know. But since AntiFa got their butts kicked fair & square at those other riots, I guess we'll have to hear about this one forever and ever.

That part is weird, can't really speak to that because it isn't something I would have raised in the first place.
                    When did "Death by Cop" become the western equivalent of Hari-Kari, anyways?

Such a person would contribute more to improving the political situation in America by moderating their own behavior - something they have 100% control over - than attacking the behavior of people that person could never influence.

Wouldn't you agree?
                    I sure as hell would.
                    I would also do the same for anyone that wants to attend one of these damnable, insufferable mass-rallies that I would for anyone that wants to work in Hollywood;
                    I would demand a mental health evaluation, and allow only those that failed to proceed.

Good enough?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X