Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Nonsense...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ge...cid=spartandhp

Without Washington and the other Founders, whatever faults they might have had from a 20/20 hindsight opinion, we would not have our own country.

These people are not only ignorant, they are idiots.

Way to much of this BS going on in the US now days.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Our politicians were never meant to be saints. They put their pants on one leg at a time, same as we do today. What are people today expecting from their historical figures, that they sh*t marble?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

News article- "Christ Church in Alexandria, Va., will remove memorials of Washington and former Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, which stand on either side of the church's altar."
        -------------------------------------------------------------

Huh, if that's a true christian church, I'm Mary Poppins..
        A central theme of christianity is NOT to bend with the sickening pol-correct times but to stand your ground!
        As ex-bounty hunter Paul said-
        "..I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel..Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should!" (Ephesians 6:19/20)

And when one church wasn't shaping up he sent them this warning that he was coming to bust their asses-
        "I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I won't spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others" (2 Corinthians 13:2)

God says to all wimps -"So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:16)
        because he wants men of iron, not softies..-
        "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)

Comment

Churches are not sustained by holy ideals, but by contributions from the parishioners who have political opinions of their own and expect those feelings to be honored.

Now, someone explain why statues like that were even in a church flanking the altar in the first place.

Comment

Well, ...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Churches are not sustained by holy ideals, but by contributions from the parishioners who have political opinions of their own and expect those feelings to be honored.

Now, someone explain why statues like that were even in a church flanking the altar in the first place.
            ... George Washington and Robert E. Lee were parishioners; it was/is a Church of England i.e Anglican or Episcopalian. I suppose the memorials could be considered part of a "de-Anglification" process, removing them is a misplaced attempt to erase history deemed unsavory.
            "I am Groot"
            - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
              ... George Washington and Robert E. Lee were parishioners; it was/is a Church of England i.e Anglican or Episcopalian. I suppose the memorials could be considered part of a "de-Anglification" process, removing them is a misplaced attempt to erase history deemed unsavory.
              I agree!
              Can't rep you yet, must spread it around, blah blah blah.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Yes and deemed unsavory by those who know little or nothing about history.

Comment

Then somebody better send the Church of England/Anglicans back to Britain, because that is a reminder of colonial occupation and oppression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Then somebody better send the Church of England/Anglicans back to Britain, because that is a reminder of colonial occupation and oppression.

Or, perhaps in their forgotten History before Yesterday, they still think that being the subjects of the King of England and Parliament was far superior then becoming independent from them.

The mental disease of Liberalism continues to spread and get worse daily.
                    http://people.com/food/kelloggs-back...ccused-racism/
                    http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/10/ke...corn-pops.html
                    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

They're not removing because "it makes people feel unwelcome." They're removing it becase Washington owned slaves and made a positive impact on society.

I mean, I'm offended by a lot of things, like NFL players protesting, but you'll never see this type of action taken against them.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                        I agree!
                        Can't rep you yet, must spread it around, blah blah blah.
                        Agreed- and I could and did rep.
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X