Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Ole Boy's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Ole Boy's

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/montana-c...213022406.html

    Montana Company Tapped To Restore Puerto Rico's Power Has Ties To Ryan Zinke, Trump Donor

    WASHINGTON — A tiny, 2-year-old Montana energy company with ties to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and backing from a major donor to President Donald Trump has come under scrutiny after being awarded a $300 million contract to help restore power in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico.

    Whitefish Energy Holdings, which had just two full-time employees when Hurricane Maria made landfall on the Caribbean island last month, is located in Whitefish, Montana — Zinke’s hometown. It is financed in part by HBC Investments, a firm founded by Joe Colonnetta, who donated approximately $25,000 to Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, as The Daily Beast reported Tuesday.

    DRAIN THE SWAMP...lmao
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

  • #2
    part 2

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of Congress from both parties on Tuesday called for an investigation into a $300 million contract awarded to a small company based in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown of Whitefish, Montana.

    Know who else is from Whitefish? Richard Spencer's family, the white supremacist.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      https://www.yahoo.com/news/montana-c...213022406.html

      Montana Company Tapped To Restore Puerto Rico's Power Has Ties To Ryan Zinke, Trump Donor

      WASHINGTON — A tiny, 2-year-old Montana energy company with ties to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and backing from a major donor to President Donald Trump has come under scrutiny after being awarded a $300 million contract to help restore power in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico.

      Whitefish Energy Holdings, which had just two full-time employees when Hurricane Maria made landfall on the Caribbean island last month, is located in Whitefish, Montana — Zinke’s hometown. It is financed in part by HBC Investments, a firm founded by Joe Colonnetta, who donated approximately $25,000 to Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, as The Daily Beast reported Tuesday.

      DRAIN THE SWAMP...lmao
      From your article:

      “At the end of the day, political connections are not what got something done,” he added. Rather, he said, Whitefish started talking with Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority about power grid repairs in the wake of Hurricane Irma, which passed north of the U.S. territory in early September but still left more than 1 million people without power. Approximately a week after Maria hit in mid-September, Techmanski flew to Puerto Rico and sat down with PREPA to draft a plan to restore electricity in the island’s mountainous areas. One of only two companies that expressed an interest in working with the bankrupt power utility, Whitefish was ultimately given the job, Luce said.
      The Interior Department did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

      PREPA’s executive director, Ricardo Ramos, said during a recent tour of a damaged power plant that Whitefish was the first company “available to arrive” and agree to PREPA’s terms and conditions, The Washington Post reports. Ramos also said that PREPA is “completely content” with the work being done, and that concerns about Whitefish are “unfounded” and likely being spread by competitors.

      Two companies compete for the work, PREPA (not Trump) picked Whitefish.......you're connecting dots that can't be connected with the facts.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

      Comment


      • #4
        Considering the following:

        A) PR hates Trump.

        B) PR chose whitefish.

        They don't equal C) Trump gave cronies the job.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          Considering the following:


          They don't equal C) Trump gave cronies the job.
          I thought it was more directed at maybe Zinke using his influence.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            https://www.yahoo.com/news/montana-c...213022406.html

            Montana Company Tapped To Restore Puerto Rico's Power Has Ties To Ryan Zinke, Trump Donor

            WASHINGTON — A tiny, 2-year-old Montana energy company with ties to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and backing from a major donor to President Donald Trump has come under scrutiny after being awarded a $300 million contract to help restore power in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico.

            Whitefish Energy Holdings, which had just two full-time employees when Hurricane Maria made landfall on the Caribbean island last month, is located in Whitefish, Montana — Zinke’s hometown. It is financed in part by HBC Investments, a firm founded by Joe Colonnetta, who donated approximately $25,000 to Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, as The Daily Beast reported Tuesday.

            DRAIN THE SWAMP...lmao
            The most important part of the headline this morning - the power company only had two actual employees, which is why the company has not been able to restore power! But WHY didn't PR know this?

            Another reason I'm not in favor of aiding Puerto Rico - they are their own worst enemies.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's hard for Europeans to understand how things work in the USA.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                Considering the following:

                A) PR hates Trump.

                B) PR chose whitefish.

                They don't equal C) Trump gave cronies the job.
                A
                a. Trump has no love for PR
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  It's hard for Europeans to understand how things work in the USA.
                  Shouldn't be...we began as Europeans.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Shouldn't be...we began as Europeans.
                    Except for "those" people that some Americans don't want here. (not directed in the least to you, MM).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      Except for "those" people that some Americans don't want here. (not directed in the least to you, MM).
                      Illegal Hispanics are not Europeans. Neither are illegal Chinese, Africans or Asians.

                      No problem...my ancestors immigrated LEGALLY.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Illegal Hispanics are not Europeans. Neither are illegal Chinese, Africans or Asians.

                        No problem...my ancestors immigrated LEGALLY.
                        Where did I say anything about illegals?

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X