30-Foot Border Wall Prototypes Erected In San Diego Borderlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Triple, triple stand wire and the VC got through it, even when covered by mg.s
    The Haitian migrants in Guantanamo were able to slip through the triple-strand concertina wire that separated the different camps. We'd watch them do it at night. Not a scratch on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
      I realize that the US suffers from the "It wasnt invented here" syndrom but did your wall builders ever consult with the East Germans that built their wall complete with goon towers and minefields..and we all know how that one turned out....
      The fencing and minefields as well as watch towers along the East German and Czech borders didn't do as well either. I saw them first hand while doing patrol duty in 1975.

Perhaps Trump is trying to construct 'Festung Amerika' on the southern border. It won't work. Border wall does not equal border security.

Comment

If people have less reason to come. Arrest the employers and confiscate their property which has been used for illegal gains. Tomato pickers or Hotel owners to lawn care company's. Oh and golf course owners as well, of course
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

I've seen a lot of rebar reinforced concrete bite the dust.
          I say seed the area by air with the most aggressive growing thorniest cactus at least three miles wide..
          African thornbush, hardy, drought resistant, can be grown together to make an impenetrable barrier that will stop a Hummer.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

African thornbush, hardy, drought resistant, can be grown together to make an impenetrable barrier that will stop a Hummer.

Problem is that could be called an "Invasive species." Better to plant acres of Cholla that is native to much of the US Southwest.

You'd have to be a fool to wade into that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Problem is that could be called an "Invasive species." Better to plant acres of Cholla that is native to much of the US Southwest.

Poetic justice - use an invasive species to stop an invasive people.

The problem with cactus is that you can clear it with a machete. I cut cactus on our property all of the time. The only indestructible plant I have ever encountered so far has been yucca.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Poetic justice - use an invasive species to stop an invasive people.

The problem with cactus is that you can clear it with a machete. I cut cactus on our property all of the time. The only indestructible plant I have ever encountered so far has been yucca.
                I wouldn't get near jumping cholla with a machete. That just spreads it everywhere, including on you. Step on it and it binds to your shoe or pants cuff. Chop it and it flies, and you risk getting it on you. The stuff is insidious.

Comment

I wouldn't get near jumping cholla with a machete. That just spreads it everywhere, including on you. Step on it and it binds to your shoe or pants cuff. Chop it and it flies, and you risk getting it on you. The stuff is insidious.
                  Good to know. Maybe they should plant fields of it as you suggested. Seems to me that we put people on the Moon - we should be able to close our border.

Comment

What is nature's intention for this cactus?
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

What is nature's intention for this cactus?
                      To cause you as much pain as possible...

Actually, this is how it spreads. It latches onto whatever passes by and when it drops off, that's where a new one can grow. The individual pieces can become new cacti if they land in the right conditions.

As you can see, even the lose pieces on the ground are vicious dangerous.

Comment

We called it Jumping Cactus in the deserts of So. Cal. and when that stuff sticks you, you know it!
                        There are many other species that are just as nasty and resilient,
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

We called it Jumping Cactus in the deserts of So. Cal. and when that stuff sticks you, you know it!
                          There are many other species that are just as nasty and resilient,
                          I can hear it now;
                          "But you can't rely on that! The ISIS sympathizers.... err, I mean poor innocent MS-13 members, they might have Flame Throwers, so clearly you have to just let them come through whatever way they want to!!!!"

At least they aren't trying to peddle that Maginot Line BS anymore.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

To cause you as much pain as possible...

Actually, this is how it spreads. It latches onto whatever passes by and when it drops off, that's where a new one can grow. The individual pieces can become new cacti if they land in the right conditions.

As you can see, even the lose pieces on the ground are vicious dangerous.
                            Finally a smart idea from you that I can agree with. Problem would be spreading these close to urban areas.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X