No announcement yet.

Sen. McCain declines to label Trump as a draft dodger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll stick with My Lai, it happened just up the road from Duc Pho and by units of the 11th Ifn Bde. That was my duty assignment a year after the fact.

How wide spread such action may have been I don't know, but assume that wasn't the only one in ten years of war and much of it conducted a long way from public view.

I might be unusual. I was neither pro or anti war...it was just my job.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      She washed out because she couldn't wrap her brain around the "..and to keep our honor clean" bit in the Marine Corps Hymn and the motto that said "Semper Fidelis".
      She would have made a great devil dog
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
        actually what Clinton did does not matter unless you are making excusses that what Trump did was ok because Clinton did
        Exactly.

Classic case of adjusting standards, far too common unfortunately.
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
          Exactly.

Classic case of adjusting standards, far too common unfortunately.
          Not only adjusting standards but adjusting to the standard of the people who have been relentlessly attacked by the right for being unpatriotic. It was always considered a political liability for the right to have a history of rejecting in one way or the other the opportunity to serve in the armed forces even if you were against the war for reasons of principle. This was up until Trump became president. Then all these "tough" patriotic Americans sympathized with Trump's bone spurs, and they seem comfortable with the idea of Trump dodging the draft. Once again, they show that they believe in certain things not because of the principles they hold but because of political expediency. Their hypocrisy is shocking!
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
            Not only adjusting standards but adjusting to the standard of the people who have been relentlessly attacked by the right for being unpatriotic. It was always considered a political liability for the right to have a history of rejecting in one way or the other the opportunity to serve in the armed forces even if you were against the war for reasons of principle. This was up until Trump became president. Then all these "tough" patriotic Americans sympathized with Trump's bone spurs, and they seem comfortable with the idea of Trump dodging the draft. Once again, they show that they believe in certain things not because of the principles they hold but because of political expediency. Their hypocrisy is shocking!
            In the case of John Kerry that is fully deserved. Same goes for the Obama's. I seriously doubt the Clinton's have any affinity or patriotism for any cause that doesn't directly benefit them.

As far as who got drafted, and didn't, I've already made a pretty good case that the one clear draft dodger in the group at the political top was Bill Clinton. Kerry certainly didn't. He just used military service for his own benefit in a political calculation. Bush jr. used his connections to get a cushy Air National Guard billet, but at least he did the work. Qualifying on an F-102 was not something easy to do. Gore did his service, even if he was just a military journalist. I have no heartburn with any of that.
            But, I do with Clinton who schemed directly to get out of being drafted, and with Kerry who intentionally used his position for personal gain and political advantage both in and out of the military.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              In the case of John Kerry that is fully deserved. Same goes for the Obama's. I seriously doubt the Clinton's have any affinity or patriotism for any cause that doesn't directly benefit them.

As far as who got drafted, and didn't, I've already made a pretty good case that the one clear draft dodger in the group at the political top was Bill Clinton. Kerry certainly didn't. He just used military service for his own benefit in a political calculation. Bush jr. used his connections to get a cushy Air National Guard billet, but at least he did the work. Qualifying on an F-102 was not something easy to do. Gore did his service, even if he was just a military journalist. I have no heartburn with any of that.
              But, I do with Clinton who schemed directly to get out of being drafted, and with Kerry who intentionally used his position for personal gain and political advantage both in and out of the military.
              In fact, Lil' Bush was more interested in politics, failed to show up for his flight physical and then left without being released to go into politics for good. Bush is, in fact, a traitor and a deserter.

"Standards" are non-existent at the top of the pile.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

In fact, Lil' Bush was more interested in politics, failed to show up for his flight physical which rendered him ineligible to fly, and then left without being released to go into politics for good. Bush is, in fact, a traitor and a deserter.

"Standards" are non-existent at the top of the pile.

President Bush's August 1972 suspension from flight status in the Texas Air National Guard -- triggered by his failure to take a required annual flight physical -- should have prompted an investigation by his commander, a written acknowledgement by Bush, and perhaps a written report to senior Air Force officials, according to Air Force regulations in effect at the time.
                Bush, who was a fighter-interceptor pilot assigned to the Texas Air National Guard, last flew in April 1972 -- just before the missed physical and 30 months before his flight commitment ended. He also did not attend National Guard training for several months that year and was permitted to cut short his military commitment a year later in 1973.
                http://archive.boston.com/news/natio...spurred_probe/

Flight physical[edit]
                By regulation, National Guard pilots were required to take and pass an annual physical in order to remain in flight status, in the three months prior to a pilot's birthday (in Bush's case, July 6). Bush did not take this mandatory physical examination in mid-1972. As a result of his failure to take his physical, his flight status was suspended by his commander on August 1, 1972,[17] confirmed by Col Bobby Hodges on September 5, 1972, and confirmed again by a National Guard Bureau order on September 29, 1972, which meant he no longer was authorized to fly as a pilot.[18][19][20]

Air National Guard regulations require that "the local commander who has authority to convene a Flying Evaluation Board will direct an investigation as to why the individual failed to accomplish the medical examination." But there are no records of an investigation or of any requests to complete one.[21]

Although the previous two physicals that Bush had taken were done by flight surgeons, Bush said in 2000 that he wanted to wait to take the physical until it could be done by his own private doctor. But regulations require that the physical be performed by an Air Force doctor.[22] Air Force flight surgeons were assigned to Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Alabama, located across town from Maxwell AFB at the Dannelly Field Air National Guard Base at Dannelly Field airport, where Bush was paid for drilling in October and November 1972 and in January 1973, his only drilling dates between April 1972 and April 1973.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Hypocricy again!

Kerry and Obama deserved it but Trump does not deserve it becasue he acted as a true patriot!

What a joke!
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X