Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to legalize drugs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by American87 View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. The RLD is full of people who are high, selling hard drugs, and prostitutes. The last thing American cities need are more neighborhoods where drugs run ramapant. But liberals will not share this opinion because it's "exclusive" and "racist"
    IF you say so

    I discovered A-dam most likely before your daddy discovered you mother or in the summer of1968. Sort of a let down after Paris.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by American87 View Post
      You don't know what you're talking about. The RLD is full of people who are high, selling hard drugs, and prostitutes.
      Yeah, sure.
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

      Comment


      • #18
        It is a complicated situation for many reasons. Both sides of the argument have legitimate points,
        Because these drugs (meth, heroin, any synthetic narcotic) are illegal there is no control over the manufacturing of them, there is no way of knowing what is in them, just like bathtub gin.
        But then we see counterfeit alcohol being sold in resorts in Mexico causing many severe medical problems for unsuspecting victims who at all included resorts.
        The point is there are no guarantees that lifting restrictions provide any level of safety if there is no enforcement or meaningful oversight.
        IMO there is no such thing as safe meth, it is highly addictive and continued use causes severe problems,
        Increased physical activity.
        Increased blood pressure and breathing rate.
        Elevated body temperature.
        Dilated pupils.
        Heavy sweating.
        Loss of appetite.
        Sleeplessness.
        Paranoia or irritability.
        Fleeting euphoria.
        Unpredictable behavior.
        Doing repetitive, meaningless tasks.
        Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
        Tremors.
        Dry mouth, bad breath.
        Headache.
        Uncontrollable jaw clenching.
        Anxiety.
        Depression.
        Fatigue.
        Violent behavior.
        Seizures.
        Respiratory or airway abnormalities.
        Persistently elevated heart rate, placing users at risk for heart attack.

        There are no positives......
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
          Many of those so called "Dangerous" drugs are that way because the addict has no way knowing what the strength and purity of such drugs are. It was the same problem with prohibition when the Feds ordered the poisoning of industrial grade ethanol without telling anyone and thousands died as a result.

          With legalized drugs, those that one used to be able to buy at a drug store, they would be of a known strength and purity. That would make their use far safer then what is taking place on the streets now.

          Addicts could then use them in safety. Those that can't would eventually eliminate themselves from the gene pool as they are already doing now but at less cost to society.
          Hell just froze over. I fully agree with something that SRV Ron posted! I even gave him a green pip.

          Originally posted by American87 View Post
          You don't know what you're talking about. The RLD is full of people who are high, selling hard drugs, and prostitutes. The last thing American cities need are more neighborhoods where drugs run ramapant. But liberals will not share this opinion because it's "exclusive" and "racist"
          Legalizing drugs doesn't really mean that much. They could legalize them tomorrow and 99% of the people do't use them now aren't going to use them then. You sound like one of those antigun people who say that if CCW permits are granted, there will be daily gunfights in the streets and car accidents will turn into bloodbaths.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by American87 View Post
            You didn't understand what I said. I said the RDL was a cesspool, not the entire city of Amsterdam. American cities are already full of crime, and the liberals in charge show no signs of fixing it. One of the last things American cities need is another neighborhood riddled with drugs.
            Only bad thing about Red light district (RLD not RDL) is stupid tourists. Not all tourists are stupid but you do see a lot of them in Amsterdam Red light district. O one more thing Dutch police have more issues with drunk people than high people.



            All so how will Legalizing weed, mushrooms, extra make red light district's in America. They have the red light because of the prostitution.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

            CPO Mzinyati

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by johns624 View Post
              Hell just froze over. I fully agree with something that SRV Ron posted! I even gave him a green pip.

              Legalizing drugs doesn't really mean that much. They could legalize them tomorrow and 99% of the people do't use them now aren't going to use them then. You sound like one of those antigun people who say that if CCW permits are granted, there will be daily gunfights in the streets and car accidents will turn into bloodbaths.
              Statistics from Colorado show that legalizing weed has led to an increase in its use. Plus it would enable people to smoke on the streets, unless of course laws were provided against that.
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

              "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                Only bad thing about Red light district (RLD not RDL) is stupid tourists. Not all tourists are stupid but you do see a lot of them in Amsterdam Red light district. O one more thing Dutch police have more issues with drunk people than high people.



                All so how will Legalizing weed, mushrooms, extra make red light district's in America. They have the red light because of the prostitution.
                Legalzing drugs in the US would create coffee shops, and as demonstrated by Colorado, will lead to an increase in homless loiterers.
                The Netherlands has an advantage since it doesn't have a violent crime epidemic in its cities. If the US could get it's inner city problems under control, then sure, legal weed wouldn't be all that bad. But the last think American cities need to do right now is create a class of pot-smoking bums like they have in Colorado.
                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Sure there will be more addicts, alcohol and tobacco being any indication of how little self control people have.

                  The question however is what is the cost of denying the fundamental right of individuals to not be infantilized by an out of control authoritarian state? This should be a liberal issue not one that the left is allowed to take the lead on. Unless the "right" can come to grips with the betrayal of their liberal roots the country is doomed.
                  We hunt the hunters

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                    Sure there will be more addicts, alcohol and tobacco being any indication of how little self control people have.

                    The question however is what is the cost of denying the fundamental right of individuals to not be infantilized by an out of control authoritarian state? This should be a liberal issue not one that the left is allowed to take the lead on. Unless the "right" can come to grips with the betrayal of their liberal roots the country is doomed.
                    The leftists who want to legalize weed are pot smokers who don't want to get arrested for it. And they'll legalize it all willy-nilly without any concern for its drawbacks. What sets Conservatives apart is that they evaluate policy and try to find what really works, which is why they don't promote world peace by just sitting on their hands, and why they don't promote economic growth by wealth redistribution.
                    Legalzing weed has serious social drawbacks, and one of the last things we need in this country are more drugs in our cities and a new class of homeless stoners.
                    We could try to create a safe enivornment for legal marijuana, or we could legalize it outright, let transgenders use womens restrooms, and keep police in Chicago from doing their jobs.
                    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                    "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      IF you say so

                      I discovered A-dam most likely before your daddy discovered you mother or in the summer of1968. Sort of a let down after Paris.
                      I wasn't too fond of either. I prefered London to both.

                      Being in college I booked our hostel in the Red Light District thinking it would be all fun and games, but it was terrible. Just 24/7 drugs and prostitution. It sounds enticing in theory, but when you're there it feels grimy.
                      "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                      "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by American87 View Post
                        Legalzing drugs in the US would create coffee shops, and as demonstrated by Colorado, will lead to an increase in homless loiterers.
                        The Netherlands has an advantage since it doesn't have a violent crime epidemic in its cities. If the US could get it's inner city problems under control, then sure, legal weed wouldn't be all that bad. But the last think American cities need to do right now is create a class of pot-smoking bums like they have in Colorado.

                        Like bottle stores don't do that all ready. Instead by making in a illegal you have thousands of criminals who smoked pot has there crime. Can't get a job and became harden criminals in jail who went from pot to gang warfare.


                        Benfits out weigh the down sides. And I don't even smoke or drink yet I can see that.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                        CPO Mzinyati

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Freedom is to hard for most people I guess.
                          We hunt the hunters

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by American87 View Post
                            I wasn't too fond of either. I prefered London to both.

                            Being in college I booked our hostel in the Red Light District thinking it would be all fun and games, but it was terrible. Just 24/7 drugs and prostitution. It sounds enticing in theory, but when you're there it feels grimy.
                            Coming from Philadelphia how do you have the gall to criticize and other city to include Chicago?
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              Only bad thing about Red light district (RLD not RDL) is stupid tourists. Not all tourists are stupid but you do see a lot of them in Amsterdam Red light district. O one more thing Dutch police have more issues with drunk people than high people.



                              All so how will Legalizing weed, mushrooms, extra make red light district's in America. They have the red light because of the prostitution.
                              That and RLD and prostitution are already illegal in the US in most all places.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                My brother-in-law was a hard-drinking hard-smoking Hell's Angel and I got on great with him (dunno if he ever drugged), and because I've never drank or smoked or drugged he used to half-jokingly say to me "Huh, you're not a man!"
                                He died of cancer a few years ago in his sixties, but I'm still around..

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X