No announcement yet.

Bush condemns Trump-era America: ‘Bigotry seems emboldened’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the meetings between the two were in a Taranto paper if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      No Obama fan here. Heard that "positive rights" crap and turned right off. Didn't vote for him in two tries. That being said, the "race-baiting" started in earnest the moment McCain conceded the election in Nov '08. Within mere hours, Google was up to its servers in "Monkey Obama" stuff. To be perfectly frank, there's a certain segment of the population that is deeply, viscerally offended at the mere thought that a black man can be President of the United States. Such a development threatens to turn their worldview upside-down. A little over a hundred years ago, a Negro dining in the White House as an invited guest of the President was an affront a good many people could not tolerate.

Back then the only Coloreds who should have been in the White House were the janitors. Nowadays, a Negro has been elected by the people to reside in the White House, and to preside over the US Government, and he's lampooned thusly:

[Rough language:]

A whole century has passed, and yet so little has changed -- at least for those still married to the past -- at least DW Griffith's version of it.
      Well said. FWIW 42% of republicans still feel blacks are inherently lazy compared to 24% of democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.114fefb2875a

When you look at the polls it becomes obvious which side is more apt to base everything off of skin color.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

As far as bigotry and racism go, it was nearly endemic in the Obama administration. You can start with Holder and Thomas Perez. The later is now head of the DNC with Keith Ellison, another bigot racist.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/17/why-the...sm-everywhere/

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          As far as bigotry and racism go, it was nearly endemic in the Obama administration. You can start with Holder and Thomas Perez. The later is now head of the DNC with Keith Ellison, another bigot racist.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/17/why-the...sm-everywhere/

Yeah, we all know by now that liberals are the racists.

In case any liberals are reading this, I'm white. So base your reaction off that.
          "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Hmm...criticism from a man who deserted from the military, could not properly speak the English language, was responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attack, who allowed the entire bin Laden family to fly out of America while grounding the entire nation, and who then declared a war on the wrong nation for the wrong reasons? That G.W. Bush?

Sorry...I'm not interested in anything Lil' Bush has to say.

But if we're going to talk about "emboldening bigotry", we're going to have to talk about Obama, the National Bigot for eight long years, and who defined everything in racist terms.
            Well said, MM!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Well said. FWIW 42% of republicans still feel blacks are inherently lazy compared to 24% of democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.114fefb2875a

When you look at the polls it becomes obvious which side is more apt to base everything off of skin color.
              Explains why the GOP had three Black potentials for POTUS in the last few elections while best the Democrats could provide was ONE half-Black try-to-be.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                The full transcript is here on Politico, for those interested.
                Thanks for the link, from the transcript:

"In recent decades, public confidence in our institutions has declined. Our governing class has often been paralyzed in the face of obvious and pressing needs. The American dream of upward mobility seems out of reach for some who feel left behind in a changing economy. Discontent deepened and sharpened partisan conflicts. Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."

How did you come up with the title of this thread? bush clearly stated decades....?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

"In recent decades, public confidence in our institutions has declined. Our governing class has often been paralyzed in the face of obvious and pressing needs. The American dream of upward mobility seems out of reach for some who feel left behind in a changing economy. Discontent deepened and sharpened partisan conflicts. Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication."

How did you come up with the title of this thread? bush clearly stated decades....?
                  If Trump gets his way, Daemon could be sued for that thread title.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    If Trump gets his way, Daemon could be sued for that thread title.
                    Rather flimsy case there counselor.
                    Likely to get dismissed, if the clerk even puts it on the calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      Mediocre. Geo W Bush lacked the knowledge base, the worldly experience, to have been anything more than a mediocre president. Nice guy, but if his name weren't Bush, he would have peaked at regional sales manager for an insurance company.

What I don't get is Cheney. He had the knowledge base. He had the worldly experience. So what on earth made him think that invading Iraq, deposing her government -- and doing it on the cheap -- were good ideas? For the life of me I still can't figure that one out. Of all the people in DC at that time, he more than most of them should have known better.
                      It's worth looking into the nature of the Bush family and how Jeb was the true heir to the throne, but due to a stalled political career it was Dubya who was in the premier position as governor of Texas to pursue the Presidency instead of Jeb. In essence, Dubya was never really supposed to be king, but he had a shot and he had to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Rather flimsy case there counselor.
                        Likely to get dismissed, if the clerk even puts it on the calendar.
                        Plus I have quite the winning smile. I'm sure me and T-Boy would just hit it off.

Comment

The titles are always the titles provided by the articles themselves, if they fit. I don't want to insert changed words to twist the author's meaning in any way. Some titles are stronger or weaker than others, but that just reflects either the strength or weakness of the article itself.

Comment

The titles are always the titles provided by the articles themselves, if they fit. I don't want to insert changed words to twist the author's meaning in any way. Some titles are stronger or weaker than others, but that just reflects either the strength or weakness of the article itself.
                            That is what I thought.

With that in mind, and the obvious twisting of Bush's speech; why didn't you post about how the article was fake news?
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

That is what I thought.

With that in mind, and the obvious twisting of Bush's speech; why didn't you post about how the article was fake news?
                              I posted the link to the transcript itself so people could read what he said.

Comment

I posted the link to the transcript itself so people could read what he said.
                                Me thinks you were running a test to see who would read before they posted.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X