Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this happen for say, Louis Farrakan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would this happen for say, Louis Farrakan?

    Florida's governor has declared a state of emergency because of an upcoming speech at Florida State University by at Rightwing White Supremacist.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...cid=spartandhp

    Spencer participated in a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that led to deadly violence in August.

    Scott's executive order will allow local law-enforcement authorities to partner with state and other law-enforcement agencies to provide security for the event. The university has already said it expects to spend $500,000 on security.
    The governor is also activating the Florida National Guard to help with security if it is needed. Scott said he declared the emergency after discussing Spencer's speech with Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell.
    "We live in a country where everyone has the right to voice their opinion, however, we have zero tolerance for violence and public safety is always our number one priority," Scott said in a statement. "This executive order is an additional step to ensure that the University of Florida and the entire community is prepared so everyone can stay safe."
    Is there any clearer indication of where the violence is coming from...?

  • #2
    These people are on the record stating that they're out for blood, they celebrated the death that happened in Charlottesville and you're mad that the governor isn't welcoming them with open arms.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      These people are on the record stating that they're out for blood, they celebrated the death that happened in Charlottesville and you're mad that the governor isn't welcoming them with open arms.
      No, I'm saying the students and others on the Left, are not going to peaceably allow this bigot to speak. It's Ann Coulter, Milo what's-his-name, etc., at Berkeley and elsewhere. Instead of polite speech, the Left immediately wants to riot and drag out the guillotine.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Florida National Guard has enough troops to settle a riot or two. The question I have is are they willing to open fire and take out a few students? In the riots of the 60's and early 70's the rabble rousers organized the riot and got out of town before they could get hurt. Too bad about the students that were shot, right?

        The FBI should have a number of agents in the protest movement that can ID the leaders so they can be arrested before violence breaks out. I doubt they do this though.

        Why haven't the organizers been arrested for the riots that have happened already? Inquiring minds want to know...

        Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #5
          You asked where the violence was coming from. The alt-right will be able to speak and spread their hate. But, this too has not been a one way street. When black panthers protested while armed, republicans changed state laws to stop them. So I'd say the alt-right is getting along just fine in comparison.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            You asked where the violence was coming from. The alt-right will be able to speak and spread their hate. But, this too has not been a one way street. When black panthers protested while armed, republicans changed state laws to stop them. So I'd say the alt-right is getting along just fine in comparison.
            No, the "alt-Right" will be able to speak. I doubt very much they'll spread anything other than manure. It is no different than some radical Leftist showing up on a campus for a speech, except the radical Leftist doesn't need the national guard to protect them and the university.

            https://www.conservativereview.com/a...islamic-confab

            Not riot for this:

            Sunsara Taylor of “Refuse Fascism,” who is also a writer for the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA’s Revolution publication, will be speaking on Thursday at Berkeley’s Hearst Field Annex. Her publication’s Twitter account advertised the “drive fascists off campus” theme of the planned lecture.
            https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/0...eak-on-campus/

            A former leader of the violent left-wing activist group the Weather Underground whose ties to Senator Obama have recently come under scrutiny gave a lecture yesterday to education students at an upstate university.
            William Ayers, a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a founding member of the group that bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon in the 1970s, spoke to a group of about 30 people at the State University of New York at New Paltz about education in a democratic society.
            http://www.nysun.com/national/leftis...at-suny/71716/

            The point is, if you are on the Left you get to speak whatever vile, hate filled, bigoted, vitriol you want on a university campus, no security needed. You are on the Right and invited to do so, the National Guard needs to show up to protect lives and property.

            It isn't about what's being said. It's about one side determined to shut the other up BAMN.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just don't get it. We just used to ignore or mock neo's. They're basically stupid people.

              Why them showing up at a campus should be a perfect opportunity to show the weakness of their argument...

              I refuse to get upset about what 10k of them across the nation...

              Anyone have a firm number of these nuts?
              Credo quia absurdum.


              Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                The Florida National Guard has enough troops to settle a riot or two. The question I have is are they willing to open fire and take out a few students? In the riots of the 60's and early 70's the rabble rousers organized the riot and got out of town before they could get hurt. Too bad about the students that were shot, right?

                The FBI should have a number of agents in the protest movement that can ID the leaders so they can be arrested before violence breaks out. I doubt they do this though.

                Why haven't the organizers been arrested for the riots that have happened already? Inquiring minds want to know...

                Pruitt
                The FBI probably has agents in the groups leadership. It wouldn’t be the first time..
                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  I just don't get it. We just used to ignore or mock neo's. They're basically stupid people.

                  Why them showing up at a campus should be a perfect opportunity to show the weakness of their argument...

                  I refuse to get upset about what 10k of them across the nation...

                  Anyone have a firm number of these nuts?
                  Stormfront alone has over 300k members.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

                  The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    Stormfront alone has over 300k members.
                    That's really disgusting. I've never gone there because laying with pigs gets you covered in mud.
                    Credo quia absurdum.


                    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Florida's governor has declared a state of emergency because of an upcoming speech at Florida State University by at Rightwing White Supremacist.

                      https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...cid=spartandhp



                      Is there any clearer indication of where the violence is coming from...?
                      The murder victims.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Florida's governor has declared a state of emergency because of an upcoming speech at Florida State University by at Rightwing White Supremacist.

                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...cid=spartandhp



                        Is there any clearer indication of where the violence is coming from...?
                        Ask the dead from Charlottesville
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                          Stormfront alone has over 300k members.
                          He means : 300 . The k is an invention .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                            The murder victims.....
                            ?
                            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                              ?
                              The woman at UVA wasn't an accident victim. You don't intentionally drive a car into a group of people without expecting to do severe harm, including killing someone. IMO that is murder.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X